So who is happy we won?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

and no credit to brisbane who came in chock full of confidence and agression, played out of their socks and gave us what for...

they were 3 wins in a row, and confident, and they played good football.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote:Good to see some people with fairly balanced observations starting to come through by the third page of this rubbish.

For mine, I believe that apart from the Freo game, where we won convincingly (although not as disciplined as should have been), we started the season as hunters and over the last several weeks have become the hunted, we need to be very careful that over the next 4 weeks that we aren't too complacent, or we might drop a couple.

At any rate, where we are on the ladder, as of tonight, doesn't matter as much now, as we have all but put too much distance between us (and Geelong) and the rest.

Two weeks ago the picture changed slightly and we are now learning what Geelong know and that is, how to survive being hunted.

So Spanker, you can stamp your feet like the little kid in the shop, demanding that mummy buys him a lolly, or you can be positive like the rest of us and just believe that our club has finally turned the corner and provided our playing group with the right tools, to effectively pursue that flag that WE ALL so dearly dream of
Just a few queries regarding the above.

1. When you refer to 'Sapnker', are you actually refering to me?

2. Secondly I love how you contribute such a 'balanced' opinion, and depict such solid views about today yet then go on to explain that you only watched the last 20 minutes of todays game in your next post. So just for my personal understanding, how do you manage such a feat....I personally tend you watch games in their entirety, or at the very least the whole quarter.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Happy ..I'm as happy as a pig in S@#t :twisted:

Sorry I missed you with the gang at Livewire mate...catch up soon :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:and no credit to brisbane who came in chock full of confidence and agression, played out of their socks and gave us what for...

they were 3 wins in a row, and confident, and they played good football.
Ahhh Dan, dont you know there are only 3 things that happen in SS land..

St Kilda play well

St Kilda play badly

The umpiring was rubbish and cost us the game

8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'm happy we won. Funny question though because if you're answer's 'No' then you're not a Saints supporter or you've lost money on the result.

I know we can play better, tackle harder, move the ball quicker, hit more targets so in the face of a team that some seem to be underrating I think the win today has many positives for the Club and the season.

We kicked badly, I can't say it was pressure but I do know of three shots (snaps) in the 2nd quarter alone that should have been kicked by any on baller worth their salt. Unfortunately Joey, Bally and Dal all made meals of them. The game should have been iced by half time. The fact it wasn't put us under the pump and encouraged a side with Brown, Black, Power, McDonald, Drummond, Bradshaw and some very good young players trying to prove themselves to their coach that could actually roll the top side. Don't forget Brennan, the light doesn't go on all that often but when it does the Lions are a 3 to 5 goal better side with him playing to his ability.

Spinner, as for the players you mentioned missing for the Lions, the only one I think would have made a difference to them was Charman. I'm not sold on Patfull or Merrett, sure their big bodies but they can have absolute howlers. Their absence gave the Lions some unpredictability which is an advantage for the Lions because their players have not been studied ad nauseum (yet).

So granted we can improve and I've no doubt that Max will find his way back in once fit and Goose will be tried once Ross figures out the best structure that will enable him to play. Personally I think he could take CHF against certain back lines allowing Roo some latitude ala Pavlich and Goodes. Gram, once he extracts the rocket, will also be a vital component in St Kilda playing the game they want to.

FWIW I can see Max and Zac in the same back six, allowing Fisher the option to always play off his opponent. Especially with Raph back there. I expect our top 27 / 28 players to all get a run in the 22 at some stage to show their worth as well as one or two young'uns (Lynch / Steven) to get a taste.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

You cabbages do realise that if we had of been 30% straighter in front of goal, it would have been a ten goal blowout.

Good teams win when they play crap.
We looked average due to our terrible conversion.
Key players lifted when it was really needed.
Some players had ordinary games.
A few players had absolute crackers..Joey & Gardy..even CJ killing it.
We won.
We are yet to drop a game.
I cant see us dropping a game for another month if not longer.
We are on top of the ladder.
Our percentage is obscene for this time of the year.
We are four games + another games worth of percentage above third.
We are going to have a red hot crack at the flag.

Yeah I'm happy we won.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

As with the Essendon game, we tired badly after 1/4 time.

Should have put the game to bed by half time but couldn't kick straight.

Tiredness even more apparent in the 3rd quarter.

Where they got the energy from in the last quarter is anyone's guess.

A super gutsy effort in the end.

The guys need a two-week break and they're just hanging in there.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Expecting way too much.......

Is that our problem, not having HIGH expectations.....

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Expecting way too much.......

Is that our problem, not having HIGH expectations.....
Its what separates us from the big clubs....That sort of winning culture that consists of high standards and high expectations.

Constant improvement is always required.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
barneyboyz wrote:Good to see some people with fairly balanced observations starting to come through by the third page of this rubbish.

For mine, I believe that apart from the Freo game, where we won convincingly (although not as disciplined as should have been), we started the season as hunters and over the last several weeks have become the hunted, we need to be very careful that over the next 4 weeks that we aren't too complacent, or we might drop a couple.

At any rate, where we are on the ladder, as of tonight, doesn't matter as much now, as we have all but put too much distance between us (and Geelong) and the rest.

Two weeks ago the picture changed slightly and we are now learning what Geelong know and that is, how to survive being hunted.

So Spanker, you can stamp your feet like the little kid in the shop, demanding that mummy buys him a lolly, or you can be positive like the rest of us and just believe that our club has finally turned the corner and provided our playing group with the right tools, to effectively pursue that flag that WE ALL so dearly dream of

2. Secondly I love how you contribute such a 'balanced' opinion, and depict such solid views about today yet then go on to explain that you only watched the last 20 minutes of todays game in your next post. So just for my personal understanding, how do you manage such a feat....I personally tend you watch games in their entirety, or at the very least the whole quarter.
Sorry to leave you in the lurch like that, I have limited time for this.

Firstly, yes, I should have more respect than this I know, but yes I did refer to you as 'spanker', for the lack of respect, I apologise, but I do find you to be one of the most negative posters on this forum at times.

I know it takes all kinds, but if you don't really understand footy and start crap like that, then you have to take the criticism.

secondly, nowhere in my original post do I in fact comment on yesterday's game, furthermore, I was making a general statement about where I thought our game has been recently and where it might be going in the next month, I wasn't trying to create undue pressure on blokes that bleed more for my club than any of us ever have and harp on for the removal of certain players, as some people have.

I was wrong to make fun of your name like that, but surely, you don't have to make the first thing you do after a game (a win), getting angry and coming on here and being so negative, is it? just enjoy the ride as they say, life is too short brother

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:You cabbages do realise that if we had of been 30% straighter in front of goal, it would have been a ten goal blowout.

Good teams win when they play crap.
We looked average due to our terrible conversion.
Key players lifted when it was really needed.
Some players had ordinary games.
A few players had absolute crackers..Joey & Gardy..even CJ killing it.
We won.
We are yet to drop a game.
I cant see us dropping a game for another month if not longer.
We are on top of the ladder.
Our percentage is obscene for this time of the year.
We are four games + another games worth of percentage above third.
We are going to have a red hot crack at the flag.

Yeah I'm happy we won.

quoted.for.truth

Post of the thread.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Firstly, yes, I should have more respect than this I know, but yes I did refer to you as 'spanker', for the lack of respect, I apologise, but I do find you to be one of the most negative posters on this forum at times.

I know it takes all kinds, but if you don't really understand footy and start crap like that, then you have to take the criticism.

secondly, nowhere in my original post do I in fact comment on yesterday's game, furthermore, I was making a general statement about where I thought our game has been recently and where it might be going in the next month, I wasn't trying to create undue pressure on blokes that bleed more for my club than any of us ever have and harp on for the removal of certain players, as some people have.

I was wrong to make fun of your name like that, but surely, you don't have to make the first thing you do after a game (a win), getting angry and coming on here and being so negative, is it? just enjoy the ride as they say, life is too short brother

Thanks for the clarification. And let me assure you, I couldn't care less that you refered to me in a fashion other than my username, I just wanted to be entirely sure you were in fact refering to me.

You comment on our recent form without watching the most recent game. At least I made my comments being the best informed I could be - you didn't even watch the footage.

Simply, I had respect for your post before you informed us that you hadn't watched the game.....And I also lol'd when you questioned my understanding of football - I watched the game remember, Maybe I should be questioning your understanding of logic.

So I won't be responding to your initial post, as clearly it is ill informed and lacking in substance. I offered an opinion on the most recent game - try watching the game yourself before degrading the comments of others.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:umpiring was disgraceful.
lenny hayes beaned for holding on his feet.
blakey done for the same thing kicked the ball in a tackle - beaned.
umpiring was an absolute bloody disgrace.
Loyal why are you so supportive of the umpires.
Why don't you give a true account of how the umpires tried valiantly to keep Brisbane in the game but were overwhelmed by St Kilda.

The umpires were not "disgraceful".
They were either incompetent or corrupt.
This time the Saints had a win over the umpires.
Up yours Matthew Head.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
barneyboyz
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
barneyboyz wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. And let me assure you, I couldn't care less that you refered to me in a fashion other than my username, I just wanted to be entirely sure you were in fact refering to me.

You comment on our recent form without watching the most recent game. At least I made my comments being the best informed I could be - you didn't even watch the footage.

Simply, I had respect for your post before you informed us that you hadn't watched the game.....And I also lol'd when you questioned my understanding of football - I watched the game remember, Maybe I should be questioning your understanding of logic.

So I won't be responding to your initial post, as clearly it is ill informed and lacking in substance. I offered an opinion on the most recent game - try watching the game yourself before degrading the comments of others.
As I said, I wasn't commenting on form (good or bad), just the fact that we might just have been hunted lately, by teams a bit more capable than the norm and from what little of the game I did see yesterday, we freaking won and played real good and also as I stated in my other post, we didn't look like we thought we snuck that one home. if that's playing s*** football then bring me some more of that boys.

Lastly, am I ill informed about this? are we in fact still top of the ladder? are we still in fact 4 games ahead of third? do we still in fact have an incredible percentage and are we still in fact playing pretty good football.

My original statement about how you have been one of the most negative posters here sticks I think, mate it's a game for pete's sake

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: