Time for 'Kosi' to stand up - The Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Kosi - Elite sportsperson that attracts seriously negative attention from invisible internet trash
Wow, calm down mate. Your expectations of the kid are way too low if you're happy with a 2008 season every year. He played key forward basically all year and kicked 30.21. I wasn't completely unhappy with his performances - he worked hard - but we had two players in the league top 10 for goals, and then Kossie at 42nd. He was only two goals ahead of Schneider from three more games. Love the bloke if you want but there's no need to be satisfied with merely better-than-average performances when we all know he can tear it up. Look at 2005 rds 14-17 - in four rounds he kicked 17.6, more than half as many goals as in the entire of last year, playing a fair amount of the those games in the ruck.

As "invisible internet trash" - otherwise known as undistinguished Saints supporters - all we can do is criticise those who are bad and support those who are good. Refusing to criticise anyone means settling for a team full of Fiora or Rix or Tony Delaney or Damian Kitschke or etc. Some players are good, some are bad; some underperform, some overperform. If you want to have one-eyed worship for footballers then go nuts, but some people like to analyse their side realistically. Get used to it.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

One mustn't criticize other people on grounds where he can't stand perpendicular himself

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
great quote that. theodore roosevelt's tribute to the men at the coalface

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:One mustn't criticize other people on grounds where he can't stand perpendicular himself.
That's going to reduce the football media to just Matthews, Bucks and Harvs, then. Unless Carey, Ablett and Lockett want to join in.

What crap. Just because I don't have an artistic bone in my body doesn't mean I can't distinguish between good art and bad art. The same applies to any field of endeavour.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
What crap. Just because I don't have an artistic bone in my body doesn't mean I can't distinguish between good art and bad art. The same applies to any field of endeavour.
No you can't distinguish between bad art and good art - there is no such thing as bad art and good art - Art is subjective as in its intent it has risen within the artistic individual

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
starsign
Club Player

onlooker wrote:
There has been some discussion about what his natural position is. I'm not sure what it is now although like some posters I don't think he now has the mobility for CHB. In the last 2 weeks we have got great value from him in the forward line with the ocassional short term shift down the ground. In some ways he is playing a similar role to Fraser at C'wood (being used in different roles during the game) but Kosi is a better contested mark IMO. On the injuries front I think the clash he had with Gian (I'm not going to try and spell it) knocked the absolute stuffing out of him and his recovery has taken a long time. I'm not convinced we were given the full story on how serious it was particularly with the later complications. At the moment we are getting real value from his efforts in the game plan (the coach is happy) so I reckon let it roll on.

I think the days of cut and dry positions are gone. rotations make it untenable...except for ruckman and FB. Kosi and Roo are floating forwards not FF not CHF just roaming around the 50 meter arc at times pushing up the ground. I think this is the way things will be from now on anyway. It's good because it's hard to match up on and as a defender it would be very easy to loose your man.Eg Rutten "lost "Kosi a few times.
Good stuff Stkfc1 ! I agree entirely
What we are seeing here is Kozi working in tandem with his good mate Roo And with the later improving with each hit out to regain his top form we could have the makings of a very formidable forward combination
These two guys always have had a great understanding since day 1 at the Saints and given what looks like Kozis best fitness level for ages , they could develop into a sensational forward duo this season...lets hope so, I think Leigh Tudour (sp?) has plenty to work with and its all good!
Just keep it up Kozi and I hope all can get behind him in a positive manner.
RL stated when the muted trading of Koz reared, no way, he's an integral part of our plans going forward...and now with a good pre-season and injury worries behind him, we are just witnessing the beginings of something great...hold onto your beanies and Gosainters

PJ
SS Life Member

Your expectations of the kid are way too low if you're happy with a 2008 season every year.
Didn't actually praise Kosi if you'd read my post. I described him as an elite sportsperson - so are the rest of the AFL. More of a comment about posters than the player TBH

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
PJ
SS Life Member

seriously, you made a ridiculous reply..and people jumped on it because of its worth......move on
I moved on as soon as I wrote it. Appears you haven't. Who jumped on it? You jumped on it me old china...not people ...just you.

As far as sook is concerned....I don't get it....where's the sooky bit. I just think posters need to get off the obvious boring Kosi needs to stand up line.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.