Who is jealous?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

...But, you have to wonder just how much the Tigers found out about Cousins in their -- wait for it -- five-day investigation...

lol - LOL

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
clobba
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:I don't usually like answering questions with a question, but on this occasion I will...

What if Cousins does his hammy?
What if it turns out he can't play any good anymore?
What if he falls off the wagon?

What have Richmond lost? And what do they stand to lose?

People are talking about Richmond having 'balls' but to be honest, I can't see a single risk that they've taken by picking him up.

It cost them a measly Draft pick, and 1 spot on their list.

What do they possibly have to lose?

Even if he doesn't play for whatever reason, they'll still have the 'Oh well, we did the right thing by giving a bloke a chance' line to use.
Spot on which is why I couldnt understand why we didnt take him, who cares if he jumps back on the gear at some stage or if he was mediocre/average what risk was there to it? Some bad media by wowser ACA/TT after a breif kerfuffle in the news :roll: Yet willing to give Lyons another year :?

makaveli
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:I don't usually like answering questions with a question, but on this occasion I will...

People are talking about Richmond having 'balls' but to be honest, I can't see a single risk that they've taken by picking him up.

Even if he doesn't play for whatever reason, they'll still have the 'Oh well, we did the right thing by giving a bloke a chance' line to use.
Spot. On.

markp
Saintsational Legend

+1.

Potential cost was very little, potential benefit was massive.

Saints94
SS Life Member

markp wrote:

+1.

You never know he might do his hammy again and then bang career over!

markp
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:
markp wrote:

+1.

You never know he might do his hammy again and then bang career over!
He might not....

Begley might do a knee in the nab cup.... I'm sure Cousins would've at least increased our membership more than him, even if neither ended up playing a game.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You raise an interesting point, Richmond will break all sorts of membership records....

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Not jealous. I think it would be great if young Rhys Healy from the Bendigo Pioneers, (who was picked up by Melbourne, but originally was going to be drafted by Richmond before Benny came along), goes on to be a champion for the next decade or so.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
Sobraz
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote: And now we have the story about Cousins STILL consorting with criminals.

Yeah I am real jealous of Richmond :roll:
Before you start taking pot shots, get your time frame right...

Give me a break... This is an old case that has been around for ages, that is relevant today for no other reason than Cousins got drafted yesterday, so lets cook up an old story to spin some cotroversy... Just a joke by the papers...

Your inside info seems to be letting you down Joffa... You shouldnt just rely on the Sun and Age headlines... ':roll:'

sainterjo
Club Player

The last thing we need is another chronic media circus. If we'd taken him, there'd be more 'journalists' in the car park than I could harrass in a month of Sundays.

Do you really want to see the club on the front page of the HS most days, for the wrong reasons? Just look at it so far. Day 1 lead story : We Want Ben. Day 2 lead story: Ben Cousins and the Accused Killer. The Hun can be relied upon to keep this up - new news or old news, it doesn't matter to them.

BC is a celebrity trainwreck.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

sainterjo wrote:The last thing we need is another chronic media circus. If we'd taken him, there'd be more 'journalists' in the car park than I could harrass in a month of Sundays.

Do you really want to see the club on the front page of the HS most days, for the wrong reasons? Just look at it so far. Day 1 lead story : We Want Ben. Day 2 lead story: Ben Cousins and the Accused Killer. The Hun can be relied upon to keep this up - new news or old news, it doesn't matter to them.

Will die off soon enough

The media pack will be onto the so called next/new big thing.

Will be short term circus........

but plenty of benefits for tiges too

saint4life
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Meanwhile, back on the Comedy Channel...

So now we missed an opportunity to sell more memberships?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This whole episode has the fingerprints of Sheedy the master marketer all over it. Of course they'll be talking up their membership. It's called marketing. And good marketing at that.

If they need a 30yo ex-druggie to get members, then they are desperate IMO.

So let's check the tally room...

Richmond memberships > than ours

Richmond ladder possie at end of 09 > higher than ours

Richmond midfield > better than ours.

Oh, dear why even bother to turn up next year. Let's tank now and rebuild for the future.

There are so many variables in footy which we only know to well. You are always just one injury away from a lost season. It may not be BC, it may be Delidio... or Someone might have a "Dal" season. who knows? Who cares?

Jealous of Richmond? Pffft. About the only thing I'm jealous of these days is watching Ron Jeremy do his party tricks. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sainterjo wrote:The last thing we need is another chronic media circus. If we'd taken him, there'd be more 'journalists' in the car park than I could harrass in a month of Sundays.

I can just see the headlines: Recruiting Ben Cousins is just another symptom of St Kilda's losing culture.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
joffaboy wrote: And now we have the story about Cousins STILL consorting with criminals.

Give me a break... This is an old case that has been around for ages, that is relevant today for no other reason than Cousins got drafted yesterday, so lets cook up an old story to spin some cotroversy... Just a joke by the papers...

Your inside info seems to be letting you down Joffa... You shouldnt just rely on the Sun and Age headlines... ':roll:'
Nice selective quoting.

Couldn't care if you believe what I know or not. Your credibility was shot to pieces ages ago and it seems you still harbour some resentment on how I owned you earlier this year.

Too bad. I know what I know. So roll eyes all you like. It just shows your ignorance and stupidity, but you show that with every post though dont you.

Facts are Cousins is a drug addict, goes to funerals and phones criminals, shaves his body completely when he knows he has to have a hair drug test.

tell me Einstein, how long do you think Benny has been clean?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

Nice selective quoting.

Couldn't care if you believe what I know or not. Your credibility was shot to pieces ages ago and it seems you still harbour some resentment on how I owned you earlier this year.

Too bad. I know what I know. So roll eyes all you like. It just shows your ignorance and stupidity, but you show that with every post though dont you.

Facts are Cousins is a drug addict, goes to funerals and phones criminals, shaves his body completely when he knows he has to have a hair drug test.

Ummm, not long?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Meanwhile, back on the Comedy Channel...

This whole episode has the fingerprints of Sheedy the master marketer all over it. Of course they'll be talking up their membership. It's called marketing. And good marketing at that.

Oh, dear why even bother to turn up next year. Let's tank now and rebuild for the future.

There are so many variables in footy which we only know to well. You are always just one injury away from a lost season. It may not be BC, it may be Delidio... or Someone might have a "Dal" season. who knows? Who cares?

Jealous of Richmond? Pffft. About the only thing I'm jealous of these days is watching Ron Jeremy do his party tricks. :lol:
Do you have an answer for every post on this matter? :wink:

sainterjo
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Ummm, not long?

How about less than 3 cm?

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sainterjo wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Ummm, not long?

How about less than 3 cm?
1 cm per month is the length you hair grows.

Lance or James??

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Meanwhile, back on the Comedy Channel...

Do you have an answer for every post on this matter? :wink:
No :lol:

Richter
SS Life Member

Yes, I am jealous.

I would have loved to have had Ben Cousins the footballer at our club.

But some some have become clear to me over the last few weeks......

1. The Tigers get more kudos than we would have had because of the ultra-last minute salvation they offered BC. Public sentiment is so clearly on his side. That was not so clear even a few weeks ago - and was heightened after our 'no' and Brisbane's decision.

2. The Tigers are more desperate than we are. Their fans have been more starved of any sort of success than we have over the last decade.

3. The Tigers have much stronger leaders behind the scenes than we do. When we turned BC down, Archie was sent out as the mouthpiece - if he's one of the strongmen down at the club, God help us. The real powers behind the scenes i.e. Greg W and Nathan Burke were unwilling to raise their heads from behind the "unanimous board decision" line. This also spills over as to what happens if Benny trips up. The Tigers will be fine - they have strong media performers in Terry Wallet, Greg Miller and Kevin Sheedy, all of whom will come out and make the reasonable case that they had nothing to lose. We have no such strongmen at our club.

4. I regret the fact that we don't have such strong men behind the scenes - but that is what we have - they are probably the best available to our club right now. If the consequences of taking BC and him failing meant a severe pasting for us in the media and more importantly the wider court of public opinion - that would have had serious ramifications for the future of our club. That risk IS too high a one to take.

So all in all, good luck to you Ben Cousins - there are many hoping you can keep it together. With any luck you can put it together on the park again too. Starting with your Tigers taking down Carltoon in 99 days. You'll have the whole of the country willing you on in that game!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote: 4. I regret the fact that we don't have such strong men behind the scenes - but that is what we have - they are probably the best available to our club right now. If the consequences of taking BC and him failing meant a severe pasting for us in the media and more importantly the wider court of public opinion - that would have had serious ramifications for the future of our club. That risk IS too high a one to take.
Yes I would love those strong men who sent out Cameron to face the media and tell them they would pick youth - only to have the ferals - who have always had too much sway at that club - remember the only reason they were crap in the early 00's was because of Frawley :roll: - go beserk.

So what did this strong leadership do? A complete backflip, got all panicked like the stong leaders they are and bow to a couple of ferals.

Now Cameron looks like a complete doofus, we have Judas Brown now playing with a bloke he stated on TFS that he NEVER WANTS AT OUR CLUB, we have all those strong leaders at the behest of a group of rabble supporters.

Geez I wish our leaders were so strong.

Lance or James??

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

If the bloke goes for 40 possies on us after a 10 goal Richmond win then.....

YES!!!

Saints94
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:If the bloke goes for 40 possies on us after a 10 goal Richmond win then.....

YES!!!
Which saint fan wouldn't be :?

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

homework wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:If the bloke goes for 40 possies on us after a 10 goal Richmond win then.....

YES!!!
"Stevos"

Saints94
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:
homework wrote:

YES!!!
"Stevos"
Stevos is gone, move on :wink: :lol: