Level 2 have to be Social members?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

If the club insists on social club memberships for level 2 reserved seat holders then it's going to miss out on the same $2272 I paid to it last season for memberships and seats. Foxtel is much cheaper and my lounge chair is much more confortable!!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:This is the way I see it...

I assume that current non social club members that have reserved seats on level 2 have not received a letter from the Club with any changes to their reserved seating...
Then you assume incorrectly!

Read opening post of this thread!
The Fireman wrote:This is part of the membership message from the Saints.
All Level 2 Seat holders now must have a Social Club Membership. For the first time in our 9 year association with the newly named Etihad Stadium the Saints are delighted to announce the creation of a Level 2 Social Club.
If this true then they may have priced me out and will probably not renew my club membership.
I have been a constant club member for 30 yrs, I relinquished my social club membership so I could afford level 2, I will also let the club know of my feelings.
This is not good.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote: I assume that current non social club members that have reserved seats on level 2 have not received a letter from the Club with any changes to their reserved seating...
I have reserved seats on level 2 and have not received anything from the club at all... full stop... NOTHING!!! The last thing I received from the club was a letter asking me to confirm how long I had been a member for as their records had been stuffed! P1SS FRIGGIN' POOR!!!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dont you gooses get it?

It is not the $125 it is the principle of treating long time supporters like s.hite and extorting money out on them on the threat of losing the seat they have paid for for the last 8 years.

I pay the SC as well as the reserved seat, but the people I sit with cannot afford the SC membership as well as the reserved seats.

So what am I supposed to do? Sit by myself in a $65 a game seat?

Yeah effing great.

We are going into recession and this mob that you lot rush at like lemmings to a cliff is S.HITTING on long time supporters and trying to take money out of pockets as the money dries up.

Oh well no skin off my nose. I will say $400 by just getting a standard membership.

Anyway who wants to pay more than that for the s.hite product the Saints fed us for most of the year.

Once my MCC membership comes through, STKFC will never ever again see one cent out of me or my family in membership.

Frasier and Westaway and the rest of the mob want to treat us like s.hite and arse lick the corporates? ZGood luck to them. Lets see how the scum bastards go when their new rich friends have another margin call and dont staret turning up to games.

They can stick their dining room right up that fat corporate arses.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: I assume that current non social club members that have reserved seats on level 2 have not received a letter from the Club with any changes to their reserved seating...
I have reserved seats on level 2 and have not received anything from the club at all... full stop... NOTHING!!! The last thing I received from the club was a letter asking me to confirm how long I had been a member for as their records had been stuffed! P1SS FRIGGIN' POOR!!!!!
Same here. Just bring it on by stealth. No announcement to me or anyone else who doesn't pay by installment.

Good thing the people I sit with have contacted me and told me they wont be renewing otherwise the club would have swindled me out of money to sit next to strangers next season.

Typically PISS POOR from the great saviours you lot rushed to.

treat their members like s***.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

I assume that current non social club members that have reserved seats on level 2 have not received a letter from the Club with any changes to their reserved seating...
Just why do you think I assume incorrectly :?:

To date I have not read of one level 2 reserved sit non Social Club member stating that they have received a letter from the Club indicating that they cannot seat there unless they join the Social Club...

If this is true, and they have now lost their seats without any correspondence from the Club, I find that's totally disrespectful to the loyal members who have sat there for years.
Last edited by St Fidelius on Sun 23 Nov 2008 1:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 3:39am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Pilgram
Club Player

this deal is exactly the same for WBD.
the AFL want to lock people in to supporting the clubs.
kickbacks everywhere.
ask a WBD member if they need to be SC members to sit in L2 reserve at TD and i bet i know what the answer is.
it's an AFL initiative.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Just why do you think I assume incorrectly :?:

To date I have not read of one level 2 reserved seat non Social Club member stating that they have received a letter from the Club indicating that they cannot seat there unless they join the Social Club...

If this is true, and they have now lost their seats without any correspondence from the Club, I find that's totally disrespectful to the loyal members who have sat there for years.

Read opening post of this thread!
The Fireman wrote:This is part of the membership message from the Saints.
All Level 2 Seat holders now must have a Social Club Membership. For the first time in our 9 year association with the newly named Etihad Stadium the Saints are delighted to announce the creation of a Level 2 Social Club.
If this true then they may have priced me out and will probably not renew my club membership.
I have been a constant club member for 30 yrs, I relinquished my social club membership so I could afford level 2, I will also let the club know of my feelings.
This is not good.
I already included the opening post in my last post, which you chose to not read obviously!

AOK has also posted that he has received notification via mail from the club already in another thread!

Assume all you like, but try reading the first post in the thread which I quoted for you in the the previous post I made.

Still trying to figure out how you still don't get it!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

b4e...

I am just assuming that the OP was reading from the membership brochure, that is on line

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: To date I have not read of one level 2 reserved sit non Social Club member stating that they have received a letter from the Club indicating that they cannot seat there unless they join the Social Club...

barks4ever and st.fid - no biggie... please don't ruin this thread with in fighting.

st.fid said "To date I have not read" OK, then he said - read 2nd paragraph.
Cheers st.fid, most ppl agree with you - including b4e.

It is true, all us direct debiters (fools) recieved a letter saying we must join SC or lose our reserved seats. With only 2 weeks notice!

Let's keep this thread on topic and keep the in fighting to a bare minimum... please.
i hear ya,

anyway it was Fid who first proposed in this thread, the logical, moral and sensible idea that only new level two seat membership applications be FORCED to join the social club, not existing level two reserved seat members

peace fid

AOK,

perhaps you could post word for word what the club actually sent you via mail, I'd be most interested to read the spin!

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

From the club membership brochure

http://www.saints.com.au/Portals/0/sain ... ooklet.pdf

CHANGE TO GOLD SEAT MEMBERS IN 2009
Every year the Club turns away over 500
Members seeking to upgrade to the “best seats
in the house“ on Level 2. In 2009 all Level 2
Reserve Seat holders MUST hold a St Kilda
Social Club Membership.
This upgrade will
provide you with a guaranteed ticket to the
AFL Grand Final, should we make it.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Saints43
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Dont you gooses get it?
C'mon gooses!
joffaboy wrote:Once my MCC membership comes through, STKFC will never ever again see one cent out of me or my family in membership.
joffaboy wrote:treat their members like s***..
Consider the faithful.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: To date I have not read of one level 2 reserved sit non Social Club member stating that they have received a letter from the Club indicating that they cannot seat there unless they join the Social Club...

barks4ever and st.fid - no biggie... please don't ruin this thread with in fighting.

st.fid said "To date I have not read" OK, then he said - read 2nd paragraph.
Cheers st.fid, most ppl agree with you - including b4e.

It is true, all us direct debiters (fools) recieved a letter saying we must join SC or lose our reserved seats. With only 2 weeks notice!

Let's keep this thread on topic and keep the in fighting to a bare minimum... please.
i hear ya,

anyway it was Fid who first proposed in this thread, the logical, moral and sensible idea that only new level two seat membership applications be FORCED to join the social club, not existing level two reserved seat members

peace fid

AOK,

perhaps you could post word for word what the club actually sent you via mail, I'd be most interested to read the spin!
No problems at all b4e and sorry to be pedantic about it but...

Again, a good deal of members that have paid a good deal of their hard earned for a level 2 reserved seat HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY NOTIFICATION WHAT SO EVER!

The only members that have been notified are the ones that pay by instalments..

Yes, I have read what jofaboy and FortiusQuoFidelius have written and this is what I base my assumption on.

THIS IS A POOR WAY TO TREAT THEIR LOYAL SUPPORTS....

NO LETTER STATING THIS, IF YOU PAY UPFRONT...

THIS IS NOT THE WAY ANY CLUB SHOULD TREAT SUPPORTERS!

P1SS POOR when you consider that most of them have sat together for about 5 years, and now they have been left high and dry

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:b4e...

I am just assuming that the OP was reading from the membership brochure, that is on line
The OP(me ) received this as an email, name removed to protect the innocent :wink:

Member ID: 769

Dear ########

On behalf of the players, coaches, staff and Board of the St Kilda Football Club I would like to thank you for your loyalty and commitment to the Saints. It was an exciting second half of the season culminating with yet another Preliminary Final (our third in five years), but we are determined to take the next step in 2009 and to reward our passionate supporters.

We had 30,554 members in 2008 and I hope to see at least 34,000 signed up in 2009 on our way to cracking 40,000 in the following year. I'm excited by the prospect of playing 15 games at our 'Home Ground' Etihad Stadium and want to see the ground full of St Kilda Members to give the boys a real Home Ground Advantage.

For me, December 19th is our first goal for the 2009 season. By signing up before December 19th your contribution to the Club can be put toward the Football Department prior to 2009.

We believe it is important to see you renew before December 19th which is why we will reward all members who do so with a FREE Members Only 25 minute Robert Harvey Highlights DVD! Also - Reserved Seat holders don't forget you need to sign up before December 19th to guarantee to keep your 2008 seats.

All Level 2 Seat holders now must have a Social Club Membership. For the first time in our 9 year association with the newly named Etihad Stadium the Saints are delighted to announce the creation of a Level 2 Social Club. The room, to be hosted by my old teammate Nathan Burke, will provide you with a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy your match day experience before, during and after the game. Click here for all of your Social Club benefits.

The Club has taken into consideration the financial challenges that members face to sign up in 2009. That's why the Club is again offering the Saints Easy Payment Plan so members can divide their payment into 11 monthly instalments rather than having to pay up front!

In the next couple of days you will receive your 2009 Membership renewal invoice and brochure by post. If you can't wait a moment longer for your Robert Harvey Highlights DVD click here to renew your 2008 Membership Package for 2009!

Alternatively, click here to view all 2009 Membership Packages listed in the 2009 Membership Brochure.

I can't wait to see you all in Round 1!

Nick Riewoldt

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Here's my dilemma..

I'm an AFL member with a StKilda club support membership package..

I don't pay for this until January....

I normally pay for my Level 2 Reserve seat in December and this has been ok with StKilda because they know how long it takes for the AFL to inform them of the StKilda club support members....

It is impossible for me to become a social club member,if you have to be a financial footy club member ,by December 19th,because i'm not listed as a footy club member until some time in january....

I'll ring the club but it seems like it's all turning to shite,at their own doing.

:roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Here's my dilemma..

I'm an AFL member with a StKilda club support membership package..

I don't pay for this until January....

I normally pay for my Level 2 Reserve seat in December and this has been ok with StKilda because they know how long it takes for the AFL to inform them of the StKilda club support members....

It is impossible for me to become a social club member,if you have to be a financial footy club member ,by December 19th,because i'm not listed as a footy club member until some time in january....

I'll ring the club but it seems like it's all turning to shite,at their own doing.

:roll:
makes me wonder just how many are in the same boat as you, as well as the normal Saints members...

It just seems to me that the Club are hoping that non Social Club Members that have had a reserved seat on level 2 for years, think they will pay more (and a good deal more) for the same seats...

Just who is in charge of membership now days??

This clearly was not thought through IMO...

So there is apparently 500 Social Club members waiting for reserved seating on Level 2...

In order to satisfy those 500 they just p1ss off 500 that are not Social Club members..., but hey... you can have your seat back if you are willing to pay for a Social Club membership...

Just how is this going to attract new Social Club Members, when there is a supposed 500 already waiting (or expressing interest for level 2 seating)

I just really feel for those affected and IMO p1ss poor effort by the Club

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So this is all Nick Riewoldt's doing (according to Firemans email).

When is that ########### pissing off back to the GC??? :D :D

Lance or James??

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:So this is all Nick Riewoldt's doing (according to Firemans email).

lol..

Good that you can see some funny side to it IMO..

This doesn't even effect me, like it does yourself.

I am just filthy about the way you and others have been treated and I will do what ever, to get them change their mind on this issue

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Just how is this going to attract new Social Club Members, when there is a supposed 500 already waiting (or expressing interest for level 2 seating)

I just really feel for those affected and IMO p1ss poor effort by the Club
whilst feeling for those affected I have seen the same number say it's ok as those who are struggling with the a) cost, b) method, c) decision........
or may choose to move to a differant level- there are seats near me and I Don't throw beer- may occasssionally throw the dirty look at supporters who bag out the team without taking notice of what is actually happeneing......

and it hopefully wont mean these long standing members - who have stood in the rain in the past to watch the saints - will stop supporting the team.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
joffaboy wrote:So this is all Nick Riewoldt's doing (according to Firemans email).

lol..

I am just filthy about the way you and others have been treated and I will do what ever, to get them change their mind on this issue
Might yet affect you Fid..we may yet have the privilidge of JB's rapier wit on the MW in 09 :-)

I'm still gobsmacked at all this..why not just offer the new seats that became available to SC members only? Surely that would mean that we'd get a heap of new SC members..ergo more money?? Why create a complete upheaval of the entire level and seriously bad blood between the Club and its fans??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

lol..

Might yet affect you Fid..we may yet have the privilidge of JB's rapier wit on the MW in 09 :-)

I'm still gobsmacked at all this..why not just offer the new seats that became available to SC members only? Surely that would mean that we'd get a heap of new SC members..ergo more money?? Why create a complete upheaval of the entire level and seriously bad blood between the Club and its fans??
Well mate...

I am considering not renewing my reserved seats next to you as a form of protest ...

So the Club will lose 3 reserved seats on the MW...

I am passionate about the members it's effecting and the Club has just next week to come on here and offer some sort of explanation, on why the current non Social Club members with reserved seating have been treated...

Some have not even received any notification on the matter...

I am with Joffaboy and others on this .......

F*** them...

Again, the Club (if you can call them that) has treated some of it's members like sh1t and they need to explain themselves

I would like them to do this on this site...

We all know they read what we think on here
Last edited by St Fidelius on Sun 23 Nov 2008 6:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: lol..

lol saint66au, betcha that will give Fid cause for a rethink :D :D

As I said earlier it doesn't affect me as I can afford my ticket plus membership and SC membership but Fireman and his partner cannot.

So who am I to sit with? By myself?? For about $65 a game?????

It is the principle of the thing. It is the wholesale disregard for the people on L2 without SC memberships and any type of social connection they may have created over the years.

Some say = oh its only $125 dollars. There is a family of 5 that sit in front of us. If they aren't SC members it will cost them an extra $625 dollars a year. That means they are paying close to $3000 a year for 10 matches.

This is truly a disgrace and this Footy First mob have shown their true colours. They couldn't care less about supporters as long as they can extort $125 extra for one game less in 2009.

Well F.A.R.K. them.

Lance or James??