I’m done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: I’m done

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 8:53pm Carlisle should play a key defender role because right now Howard is under seige. Battle should play genuine CHF. Leave him there and let him develop in the role. Give the players a structure they can depend upon.
Either that or Battle CHB and Carlisle ruck/forward. I’m on the same page as you as regards structure, which has completely fallen to pieces without Marshall/Ryder.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

not sure if the link will work but can we get this guy ? https://fb.watch/4F_UuGneOb/

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

tony74 wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 2:43pm Whether you believe me or not it’s up to you.
The players, coaches, administrators,ME, are hurting as much as you- the supporters. I realise from the stands, or the couch it looks as sometimes that don’t give a rats arse but believe me they do. You don’t reach the pinnacle of this sport whether as a player or a coach without having enormous pride in your performance. They’re hurting and they will come out and give their all next week. Whether that works or whether you believe they are giving their all is in the eye of the observer. But they are trying, they are hurting and it just not working.
I can’t be more honest. You’re a Saint for life- it’s hell.
Are our recruiters hurting?
They should be the ones hurting the most - and with them it's not about giving your best/redeeming yourself the next week - we are stuck with their dumb recruiting decisions for years.
Apart from getting things wrong with our costly recruits Hill and Hannebery, etc... think of what draft recruits Petracca and Bailey Smith might look like for us right now running around in our colours ... vs the forwards that may (or may not) eventually deliver one day for us - years down the track.
Desperate and costly quick fixes to fix our glaring midfield problems with Hill and Hannebery vs smart drafting/recruiting - that's just typical.
Last edited by samoht on Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:24am, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Our recruiting at the time was hailed as possibly the best. Things haven't panned out as we like atm. so we start pointing the finger.
Hindsight is a marvellous thing and funny to watch so many posters on here turn on a threepence.
Well I have turned in a fashion......thought we were montys for the 8 ... now I see us another Nth Melb. but will not blame the selectors.

A bit dirty on Ratten atm.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:23am Our recruiting at the time was hailed as possibly the best. Things haven't panned out as we like atm. so we start pointing the finger.
Hindsight is a marvellous thing and funny to watch so many posters on here turn on a threepence.
Well I have turned in a fashion......thought we were montys for the 8 ... now I see us another Nth Melb. but will not blame the selectors.

I thought it was an opportunity missed - I certainly didn't join the chorus hailing our recruiting as "the best."
I preferred and argued for both Petracca and Bailey Smith - and was disappointed both times.
With key forwards, I expected that the return (if it eventuates, at all) will be years down the track.
Bailey Smith and Petracca were goal-kicking midfielders anyway - so we wouldn't be missing out goal-wise, if anything a stronger midfield for us would mean that the opposition would be kicking less goals, anyway - as we'd be keeping the ball more in our forward line or forward of the centre.

I can't blame the coach when the problem is our recruiting.
Last edited by samoht on Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:37am, edited 1 time in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

you can follow footy
if you so desire

if you choose a good club
you’ll be happy

if not

you’ll become a philosopher

socrates

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

Our recruiting is the problem ... let's face it. Socrates would agree. :wink:

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Wasn’t the recruiting lauded last season?

Butler, Ryder, Jones

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

asiu wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:37am you can follow footy
if you so desire

if you choose a good club
you’ll be happy

if not

you’ll become a philosopher

socrates
Who knew that as well as being a great footballer the man was a philosopher as well:

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:42am Wasn’t the recruiting lauded last season?

Butler, Ryder, Jones
Add Howard and those four cost us nothing. The price we paid for Hill & Hannebery is what is hurting us and the recruiter's credibility.

Then we blow some picks on filling deficiences that at this point seem worse than the holes they are trying to plug.

Someone used the word desperation which appears to be our undoing rather than planning.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Why does being a St Kilda supporter have to be "hell".

Just for once can someone change this f****** loser narrative.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:30am
The Fireman wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:23am Our recruiting at the time was hailed as possibly the best. Things haven't panned out as we like atm. so we start pointing the finger.

I thought it was an opportunity missed - I certainly didn't join the chorus hailing our recruiting as "the best."
I preferred and argued for both Petracca and Bailey Smith - and was disappointed both times.
With key forwards, I expected that the return (if it eventuates, at all) will be years down the track.
Bailey Smith and Petracca were goal-kicking midfielders anyway - so we wouldn't be missing out goal-wise, if anything a stronger midfield for us would mean that the opposition would be kicking less goals, anyway - as we'd be keeping the ball more in our forward line or forward of the centre.

I can't blame the coach when the problem is our recruiting.
I can't blame the recruiters when our problem is the coach...funny how we see things totally different.

Trixilver
Club Player

What's funny is reading ridiculous comments like OP and hearing the likes of Wayne Carey right off a season on the back of 2 losses and a win.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021 2:43pm Whether you believe me or not it’s up to you.
The players, coaches, administrators,ME, are hurting as much as you- the supporters. I realise from the stands, or the couch it looks as sometimes that don’t give a rats arse but believe me they do. You don’t reach the pinnacle of this sport whether as a player or a coach without having enormous pride in your performance. They’re hurting and they will come out and give their all next week. Whether that works or whether you believe they are giving their all is in the eye of the observer. But they are trying, they are hurting and it just not working.
Proofs in the pudding.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

yep

there’s the proof about what i was banging on about
in the other thread of discontent

:P
thats sellable

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if the nobs who jumped off the saints at the start of this thread will come back now.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:20am I wonder if the nobs who jumped off the saints at the start of this thread will come back now.
Let’s hope so cause then they can join the knobs who follow and accept blind mediocrity and pathetic performances like we saw against ESS and to a lesser extent Dees from a side people were suggesting are too 4 material

We aren’t even after yesterday but at least there was EFFORT and that’s what all fans should demand to not do that explains 1 flag in 100 years.

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:38am
saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:20am I wonder if the nobs who jumped off the saints at the start of this thread will come back now.
Let’s hope so cause then they can join the knobs who follow and accept blind mediocrity and pathetic performances like we saw against ESS and to a lesser extent Dees from a side people were suggesting are too 4 material

We aren’t even after yesterday but at least there was EFFORT and that’s what all fans should demand to not do that explains 1 flag in 100 years.
Then there are those supporters who are never accepting of s*** performances but who don't abandon ship after two losses and a heap of injuries. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:09pm

Then there are those supporters who are never accepting of s*** performances but who don't abandon ship after two losses and a heap of injuries. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Let's face it. Our club can't afford to lose that many supporters, knobs or not. Let's hope they're all back on board which I'm sure 99% are. It's a forum, ppl like to vent. Sometimes some of us go overboard. My good mate who I go to Saints games with has told me numerous times over the years that he's done with the Saints. He'll take a few weeks off here and there but he's always back, lamenting why his dad had to barrack for the Saints. My now 21 yr old daughter often asks me why I chose a crap club to barrack for and is thinking of changing teams. Each week she'll either be at the game with me or spend time by the TV watching the game regardless of her despair. But games like yesterday she's texting me excitedly about how great the win was and how goooood is Jack Steele.

When we're playing crap, I'll be honest, I find it hard to justify the 2 x hr travel time alone to and from games let alone the 3 hrs of match time watching insipid performances. I occasionally find myself with something better to do I'll admit. Yesterday I was glad I had commitments coaching local sport and then having to go to work straight after, knowing I'd probably miss the entire game (which I did) only to be devastated that I missed a great Saints win. That's life.

I'll be there Thursday night, fingers crossed that we can reproduce the same form but certainly not confident that we can. The beauty of sport.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Well said old bean, well said!

Only 16,710 at the game last night. I would say 16,500 of them were St Kilda supporters, very few if any neutrals, and 200-odd Eagles supporters.
Our next two home matches are against Richmond and the Hawks so we should get a few more for those.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:43pm

Let's face it. Our club can't afford to lose that many supporters, knobs or not. Let's hope they're all back on board which I'm sure 99% are. It's a forum, ppl like to vent. Sometimes some of us go overboard. My good mate who I go to Saints games with has told me numerous times over the years that he's done with the Saints. He'll take a few weeks off here and there but he's always back, lamenting why his dad had to barrack for the Saints. My now 21 yr old daughter often asks me why I chose a crap club to barrack for and is thinking of changing teams. Each week she'll either be at the game with me or spend time by the TV watching the game regardless of her despair. But games like yesterday she's texting me excitedly about how great the win was and how goooood is Jack Steele.

When we're playing crap, I'll be honest, I find it hard to justify the 2 x hr travel time alone to and from games let alone the 3 hrs of match time watching insipid performances. I occasionally find myself with something better to do I'll admit. Yesterday I was glad I had commitments coaching local sport and then having to go to work straight after, knowing I'd probably miss the entire game (which I did) only to be devastated that I missed a great Saints win. That's life.

I'll be there Thursday night, fingers crossed that we can reproduce the same form but certainly not confident that we can. The beauty of sport.
Saturday twilights can be hard - especially if you have kids or your own sports commitments or work stuff to do. I was there yesterday with my crew, but only just made it on time due to a kid's birthday party. It was well worth it though. Kids and missus met Milney when he came over to talk with us at half time!

I really hope we can get up in the next two weeks so that we don't get Sunday twilight matches for the rest of the year - early starts on Sunday are fine because you can get back early, but Sunday twilights are not the best - and limited exposure for the club too.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yes because we got 1 player back yesterday and that solved the complete and utter lack of effort issue we saw a week earlier????? roll, roll, roll, roll, ......

So supporters should just continue to pay up if the clubs players don’t actually turn up and try???? That’s your legal logic kicking in is it?? or perhaps you’re more of a “just the vibe” type guy??

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 4:25pm

Yes because we got 1 player back yesterday and that solved the complete and utter lack of effort issue we saw a week earlier????? roll, roll, roll, roll, ......

So supporters should just continue to pay up if the clubs players don’t actually turn up and try???? That’s your legal logic kicking in is it?? or perhaps you’re more of a “just the vibe” type guy??
🖕🖕🖕

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 4:32pm
Teflon wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 4:25pm

🖕🖕🖕
Thanks Dennis always had you down as a plodder :D

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

All you f****** deserved. I would say more but you are simply not worth being banned over.