Banger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Banger

Jacks Back wrote: Sun 22 Nov 2020 9:54pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 21 Nov 2020 9:24pm Banger had that six-week stint as a stand in coach for us after Ross Lyon did his Pablo Escabo tunnel escape to Fremantle.

Does anyone know how it was perceived at the time? Good, bad indifferent?

It was the basically just the horse racing season i suppose...but did he have a hand in anything?
Lyin left after the last game that season (a finals loss to the swans) so no coaching as such by Banger (I don't think).
Correct. The tosser left after the final game but not before retiring a number of players, which was news to them. Prick. :roll:

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 23 Nov 2020 10:56am
shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 21 Nov 2020 9:24pm Banger had that six-week stint as a stand in coach for us after Ross Lyon did his Pablo Escabo tunnel escape to Fremantle.

It was the basically just the horse racing season i suppose...but did he have a hand in anything?
Lyin left after the last game that season (a finals loss to the swans) so no coaching as such by Banger (I don't think).
Correct. The tosser left after the final game but not before retiring a number of players, which was news to them. Prick. :roll:
Funny thing is even the players he “retired “ don’t have a bad word to say about the prick. I prodded and poked Steve bakertrying to get something out of him about the lying prick but got donuts!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:25am

Funny thing is even the players he “retired “ don’t have a bad word to say about the prick. I prodded and poked Steve bakertrying to get something out of him about the lying prick but got donuts!
Nothing in it for them to bag him .

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:22pm
whiskers3614 wrote: Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:25am

Nothing in it for them to bag him .
I get the feeling that Baker never let anyone else's opinion of him, dictate to his self belief. He got the absolute most out of his career and took whatever was coming to him, on the chin.