Hill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hill

To be honest, I hate players that squibb but if you're a scrawny little fella and all your footy career you've been running away from danger, and alluding contact to protect yourself...isn't that better than being stupidly brave and potentially causing a serious injury which might mean you miss next week? Concurrent concussion or a collar bone or shoulder injuries could mean he's out for long stints

I saw Hill overt contact and not put his body on the line once or twice today but I get it now. His disposal and efficiency was elite. I'd rather he flinch a couple of times a match and still be out there week after week, instead of doing something that is not natural to him

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Whilst still not at the level we’d hope for, I thought his game against the bombers was the best he’s had for us so far
16 touches is about his average this season but they were just far more damaging this week. He was better positioned, used his speed and nailed his kicks
If he’d booted that goal it would have been a very solid performance...

#1 Ryder fan
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 1:03am To be honest, I hate players that squibb but if you're a scrawny little fella and all your footy career you've been running away from danger, and alluding contact to protect yourself...isn't that better than being stupidly brave and potentially causing a serious injury which might mean you miss next week? Concurrent concussion or a collar bone or shoulder injuries could mean he's out for long stints

I saw Hill overt contact and not put his body on the line once or twice today but I get it now. His disposal and efficiency was elite. I'd rather he flinch a couple of times a match and still be out there week after week, instead of doing something that is not natural to him
110% agree.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 1:03am To be honest, I hate players that squibb but if you're a scrawny little fella and all your footy career you've been running away from danger, and alluding contact to protect yourself...isn't that better than being stupidly brave and potentially causing a serious injury which might mean you miss next week? Concurrent concussion or a collar bone or shoulder injuries could mean he's out for long stints

His disposal and running is elite. However I'm not sure at AFL level you can pick & choose when to go when it's your turn. I doubt any coach would accept that.

Hill averages over two tackles a game so body contact is not an issue. The courage to run like he does cannot be underestimated, that was the great Robert Harvey's strength. Harves drew tackles, very few stuck mind you. Hill needs to avoid them for us to get full value.

If Hill's strength is his kicking and line breaking speed, he cannot afford to be drawn into packs. That said, I doubt he'll avoid a contest when it's his turn. Squibb is not a fair description in my opinion scollop.

Kevin07

Do you think he i still carrying that ankle injury he got during the Richmond game?

The Handball Champion in the Southern Hemisphere
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Kevin07 wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 10:59am Do you think he i still carrying that ankle injury he got during the Richmond game?
I'd hope not. I hope we manage our players better these days.