Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

oh and sydney are sniffing about franklin
7 mill over 5 years
can u believe that?

lol

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
bergholt wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Why do we need to trade for Bruce? He wants out and isnt contracted - can someone explain this to me please!
If he doesn't sign and becomes a delisted free agent then everyone gets a crack at him. I'd be worried that Collingwood or Hawthorn or whoever approaches him at that point and sways him with promises of success and more money. As a small club, if we want to get high-rated players then we need to pay overs.
I'm not so sure about that, I think he would have to enter the Pre-Season Draft.
Isn't it the same as Roberton last year? GWS delist him and then he becomes a delisted free agent, anyone can sign him if they can get him to agree to a contract.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

bergholt wrote:Isn't it the same as Roberton last year? GWS delist him and then he becomes a delisted free agent, anyone can sign him if they can get him to agree to a contract.
Our pick in the Pre-Season Draft is ahead of them, so let's say his asking price was $200,000 per year, over 3 years and we agreed to it, then we'd get him, as long as the other teams ahead of us don't take him.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
bergholt wrote:Isn't it the same as Roberton last year? GWS delist him and then he becomes a delisted free agent, anyone can sign him if they can get him to agree to a contract.
Our pick in the Pre-Season Draft is ahead of them, so let's say his asking price was $200,000 per year, over 3 years and we agreed to it, then we'd get him, as long as the other teams ahead of us don't take him.
Sorry, did you read my post? Roberton last year didn't go into the PSD, so why would Bruce?

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney ... 6730250653

cost of living going down in sydney?

;)

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:too bad
if garlett is about come the second round we'll grab him for sure
Some club will grab him before the end of the 2nd round. Id be very surprised if he wasn't taken before pick 30.

Spencer White was a speculative 2nd round pick . If we end up with say three 2nd round picks to play with this year, then hell yeah I would pick Garlett if he was available.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

actually what are our picks???
ive been a bit lazy on that front
i know we get three and something in the twenties???

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Verdun66 wrote:Let's trade everyone with more than 10 games -that way we can re-visit the 80's and get 4 wooden spoons in a row!
In those days we had to suck it up, and rely on our decreasing Zones and inept administration. Now we'd get 4 no 1 picks in a row. You bewdy! But of course we'd be broke by then....[/quote]

We could then get 4 number one draft picks in a row and trade them all for WAFL reserves players!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Richter
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:actually what are our picks???
As it stands we have...

#3, #21, #37, #55

- this takes in to account that neither Adelaide nor Essendon have 1st or second round picks nad also that GWS have a mid-1st round compo they have activated and GCS have an end of first round compo they have activated.

- it does not take in to effect any likely compo picks for free agents.... e.g. Buddy, 1st round; Betts, end of first round etc. Adding these in would leave us with...

#3, #23, #39, #57

People are saying that it is a shallow draft in that the top end quality (i.e. first 5 picks) is great nad then 6-40 are relatively even, but then it falls away quickly. This would suggest we should aim to load up on picks in the 20-40 round i.e. 2nd rounders. Would also suggest that it might be better to get a GOP rather than a pick above #40 i.e. for Chips or as collateral for a 2nd rounder for Joey or Dal if they were to be traded.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

cheers Richter
some good points there

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
matrix wrote:actually what are our picks???
As it stands we have...

#3, #21, #37, #55

- this takes in to account that neither Adelaide nor Essendon have 1st or second round picks nad also that GWS have a mid-1st round compo they have activated and GCS have an end of first round compo they have activated.

- it does not take in to effect any likely compo picks for free agents.... e.g. Buddy, 1st round; Betts, end of first round etc. Adding these in would leave us with...

#3, #23, #39, #57

People are saying that it is a shallow draft in that the top end quality (i.e. first 5 picks) is great nad then 6-40 are relatively even, but then it falls away quickly. This would suggest we should aim to load up on picks in the 20-40 round i.e. 2nd rounders. Would also suggest that it might be better to get a GOP rather than a pick above #40 i.e. for Chips or as collateral for a 2nd rounder for Joey or Dal if they were to be traded.
Dale Thomas & Colin Sylvia could impact too.

Richter
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Dale Thomas & Colin Sylvia could impact too.
Fair point... if both go elsewhere (and assuming band 1 or 2 compo for each) then could leave us with...

- #3, #25, #41 and #59

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Fair point... if both go elsewhere (and assuming band 1 or 2 compo for each) then could leave us with...

- #3, #25, #41 and #59
It also means that Norths 2nd round drifts further…

I hope like hell we don't lose Dal for 30+, even if they throw in a massive bag of Delaney spuds.

Richter
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
Richter wrote:

- #3, #25, #41 and #59
It also means that Norths 2nd round drifts further…

I hope like hell we don't lose Dal for 30+, even if they throw in a massive bag of Delaney spuds.
But dragit from what I am hearing re. this draft the difference between say #10 and #30 is not likely to be very much as the level of players after #5 until #40 is very similar. Hence we would potentially be better gaining say either 2 x #30 for Dal (or #30 and a depth player/GOP) rather than a single pick around the #10-15 mark.

i.e. 2 x #25-35 > 1 x #10-15

Does that make sense?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

apparently james aish will be on the afl trade radio in about 50 mins

(pretty sure i heard that right)

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

GWS withdrawn offer to Buddy as they believe he has signed with Sydney. Un effing believable.

matrix wrote:apparently james aish will be on the afl trade radio in about 50 mins

(pretty sure i heard that right)
Ledger later in afternoon

saint4life
Richter
SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:GWS withdrawn offer to Buddy as they believe he has signed with Sydney. Un effing believable.
Wow! Tippett and now Buddy for nicks. Incredible.

I suppose they have Bolton and Mattner who have already gone. Mumford likely to be traded. Likewise Jesse White. Goodes will be 34 by the start of next season, and O'Keefe 33. So they'd presumably need to offer Buddy a long deal - say 5 years, and back-end it so that he'll get the big bucks after Goodes and O'Keefe retire.

Nevertheless with Tippett on megabucks too you'd have to think that one of their young mids would surely have to pop out the other end? Parker, Mitchell, Rohan, Hannebery, Jetta, Kennedy - all are 25 or under so will presumably be looking for increased $$ in their next contracts...

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:
8856brother wrote:GWS withdrawn offer to Buddy as they believe he has signed with Sydney. Un effing believable.

I suppose they have Bolton and Mattner who have already gone. Mumford likely to be traded. Likewise Jesse White. Goodes will be 34 by the start of next season, and O'Keefe 33. So they'd presumably need to offer Buddy a long deal - say 5 years, and back-end it so that he'll get the big bucks after Goodes and O'Keefe retire.

Nevertheless with Tippett on megabucks too you'd have to think that one of their young mids would surely have to pop out the other end? Parker, Mitchell, Rohan, Hannebery, Jetta, Kennedy - all are 25 or under so will presumably be looking for increased $$ in their next contracts...
Rohan is coming back from a fudged up leg and Jetta's value probably eased after a season of injury and nothingness.

Parker, Hannebury are guns and worth much moola.

Mitchell is young and probably will turn out well and Kennedy is a great player

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

Exactly, maybe next year we could get one when we finish last...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:But dragit from what I am hearing re. this draft the difference between say #10 and #30 is not likely to be very much as the level of players after #5 until #40 is very similar. Hence we would potentially be better gaining say either 2 x #30 for Dal (or #30 and a depth player/GOP) rather than a single pick around the #10-15 mark.

i.e. 2 x #25-35 > 1 x #10-15

Does that make sense?
You could well be right… I won't pretend to know the talent pool heading into the draft.

Still, the aim is always earlier picks so that you can choose, rater than wait to get whats leftover.

I really hope we utilize our strong PSD position on a player like Bruce or Delaney.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so apparently the hawks can get a round one priority pick for losing buffy?
trade radio talking around 17 to 20ish

so that will push is back one

not sure how it all works
not up to speed with all this trade and FA stuff

dragit or others might be able to shed light on this?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

buffy was actually a typo

but i actually like it

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't be surprised if Hawthorn match Buddy's offer and force a trade. Buddy definitely wants out of Vic and will still seek a trade.

- Syd get Buddy and give up Mummy and pick 14
- GWS get Mummy and give up Taylor Adams
- Haw get Adams and pick 14 and lose Buddy

The Hawks still losing in the above trade however its much better than the compo - pick 18 or so.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Hawthorn match Buddy's offer and force a trade. Buddy definitely wants out of Vic and will still seek a trade.

- Syd get Buddy and give up Mummy and pick 14
- GWS get Mummy and give up Taylor Adams
- Haw get Adams and pick 14 and lose Buddy

The Hawks still losing in the above trade however its much better than the compo - pick 18 or so.
Better for us as well...