Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint-stu
Club Player

Re: Jake Carlisle

Richo has stating strongly that JB is not on the table. In fact he would like another 2 or 3 clones.

1ac46a38
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintjake wrote:Bunk Moreland or whoever is suggesting that a good deal for Carlisle is

JC and 23 for Billings and 5!!!

You have to be taking the piss Bunk!
WTF are you on about. I never suggested that. Jesus Christ

You peple on this Forum are brain dead
He's talking bout the Ess poster on BF
If you are dumb enough to read anything those delude druggies post on their board on BF about Carlisle you are still to be considered brain dead.

They are absolute halfwits

You are garbage - Enough said
Playon
Club Player

That pretty much sums up BF

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Playon wrote:That pretty much sums up BF
No it sums up the Essendon board.

the Saints board makes this place look like facebook with its ignorance, especially when it comes to D&T

Indigo Wolf

He's still in talks with St Kilda and could be a bleak future for us at this point really.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Indigo Wolf wrote:He's still in talks with St Kilda and could be a bleak future for us at this point really.
Spare us all and spare us your spam

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Bleak future?

WTF really?

"Here's the offer mate, either its good enough or flower off to Carlton and rot for a decade in another hope vacuum".

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:Bleak future?

WTF really?

"Here's the offer mate, either its good enough or flower off to Carlton and rot for a decade in another hope vacuum".
He was in talks while he was undergoing his medical.

Our offer reportedly 3.5 over 5 years

Carltons 1.5 over 3 years.

600k more in first three years, extrapolated out a million more over the 5.

If he wants to go to Carlton, he is an idiot and they deserve each other.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bigred
Saintsational Legend

IF that is the deal, then it is damn near franchise player numbers.

He would NEED to be playing at AA standard for that. And really, there would have to be substantial performance based conditions surely.

I really hope this works out. I have some serious reservations about this bloke.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The Recruit
Club Player

bigred wrote:IF that is the deal, then it is damn near franchise player numbers.

He would NEED to be playing at AA standard for that. And really, there would have to be substantial performance based conditions surely.

I really hope this works out. I have some serious reservations about this bloke.

Reservations based on....?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Based on what we may have to give up to get him.

The Recruit
Club Player

bigred wrote:Based on what we may have to give up to get him.
We have been pretty good in terms of trades and picks....money isn't too much of a problem. We have to pay someone eventually.

I trust the club will make a good decision. Don't mind the idea of pick 5 to freo for their first pick and Weller....then pick 16 to Essendon for Carlisle.....think someone on here floated that..?

Would be happy with Carlisle and Weller for pick 5......but even happier if on Monday we trade pick 5 for Josh Kelly.....and Carlisie for our second round....? Bombers can't expect too much otherwise he walks to the blues for nothing.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Apparently nobody at the Hawks gets over 700k. Not even Hodge or Roughead.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

it's subscriber only content so I can't read it

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintjake wrote:Bunk Moreland or whoever is suggesting that a good deal for Carlisle is

JC and 23 for Billings and 5!!!

You have to be taking the piss Bunk!
WTF are you on about. I never suggested that. Jesus Christ!
I see where BM is coming from. I'd do that trade.

We'd have to move the Bruce to CHF though.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
SuperDuper
Club Player

bigred wrote:IF that is the deal, then it is damn near franchise player numbers.

it is a lot of money, but not franchise player status because of 2 points
1. The salary cap is increasing with these new TV rights so todays 500,000 is tomorrows 700,000
2. we can (I assume) heavily front load it.. we are not paying near the SC next year nor I assume the following year... we need to pay someone!
A franchise player is one you pay a lot knowing that you then need to pay less to your other players... but in this case we already know what we will pay the rest.. by the time they earn a pay rise, Carlisle should be earning less, i.e. be at the back end of his contract

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:

He is a sook, immature, inconsistent and not the smartest peanut in the turd

He has form ...... but hold on ........ he plays for Essendope i hear some people saying ........ true but it still doesnt stop me having reservations about his character and mental fortitude

We need stand up players, players that fight tooth and nail when the chips are down, players that rise to the occasion and make their teamates stand taller and go harder ...... not players who will act like petulant school brats and melt during times of adversity and hardship

Yes I have reservations as it is a hell of a lot of money to be paying someone with suspect mental application

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
minneapolis
Club Player

Can you paste it here Bratty? I never subscribe to that fishwrap.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
The Recruit wrote:

He has form ...... but hold on ........ he plays for Essendope i hear some people saying ........ true but it still doesnt stop me having reservations about his character and mental fortitude

We need stand up players, players that fight tooth and nail when the chips are down, players that rise to the occasion and make their teamates stand taller and go harder ...... not players who will act like petulant school brats and melt during times of adversity and hardship

Yes I have reservations as it is a hell of a lot of money to be paying someone with suspect mental application
Might be a little harsh. Would have been extremely tough being a bombre for the last couple of years. However I pretty much agree with the sentiment. This is where we find out just how good our 'due diligence' is.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
The Recruit wrote:

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm thinking.

Plus Essendon can go flower themselves.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The outcome of whether or not we get Carlisle is going to be interesting. He's not worth our pick 5. If Carlton are prepared to give them more than he's worth, they can have him.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ripplug66
Club Player

bigred wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
The Recruit wrote:

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm thinking.

Plus Essendon can go flower themselves.

If we don't rate him then don't get him but hopefully the club wont a decision based on its Essendon. Hasn't hurt Port Adelaide or the Dogs. Apart from saying one thing when he was at Essendon a lot that has been written seems to just be made up crap. Ive never even heard the guy speak.

the dome
Club Player

Hawks team approach makes sense

Con Gorozidis wrote:Apparently nobody at the Hawks gets over 700k. Not even Hodge or Roughead.
I can't help thinking how well the hawks covered the absence of Buddy. Saved some money and reinforced the team ethos.
If the contract offers are accurate Carls will choose the Saints on financial grounds alone - 3.5 Mill v's 1.5 mill (carl). Regarding Weller I'm not automatically keen at all if it means us jettisoning Pick 5.
I hope we are not just keen because he has a brother playing for the Saints.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Brian Lake has retired. Any chance the Hawks will go for Carlisle? Pick 18 + Suckling might get it done.