Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

felix
Club Player

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

It's great to see Plugger and BigMart back having a good civil discussion with each other, one is ying to the others yang keep it up boys . To me I think Jake may be a bit of a novice when it comes to coke he is caught up in that Hollywood glorification of the sex drugs rock n roll thing I'm sure the big cartels sponsor Hollywood films snorting coke is in many films and it's always seen as amazing just like smoking was Any way if he was a big user or right into it he wouldn't have filmed himself I think it was just showing off to mates look at me look at me living the dream . If he was a big user he would have had half a dozen train track style lines ready for the Hoover and that would have been a spectacle not one little line ..to me he seems like he's done this maybe just a couple of times. We need to cut him some slack until proven otherwise.

markp
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
BigMart wrote:It's hard to use a prohibited drug without being in possession of it??

Yeah I reckon you are right. They would probably only charge you for having used drugs if you ran someone over or were pulled over in a road side test but I'm 100% sure it's illegal. Just not really worth charging if someone is already high. They would look for the evidence of possession if you looked high as it's straight forward evidence. I reckon in the states you could probably be charged just for the video of using. They are much stricter in parts of the US.

No idea on the USA part but 100% correct on the Victoria part. No one is charged for using unless in charge of a motor vehicle and even the charge isn't using, its driving a vehicle when under the influence of an illegal drug.
It is against the law to use, possess, cultivate or traffic a drug of dependence.

The penalties for using and possessing small quantities of illegal drugs are treated less seriously than for trafficking and cultivating drugs. Importing or exporting drugs is an offence under Commonwealth law.
https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-le ... possession

Sorry mate you're wrong, of course it's illegal.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:The whole "this club's f***ed" thing would have been enough for me to put a pen through his name!
He was just saying what all of us were posting.

ripplug66
Club Player

markp wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
BigMart wrote:It's hard to use a prohibited drug without being in possession of it??

Yeah I reckon you are right. They would probably only charge you for having used drugs if you ran someone over or were pulled over in a road side test but I'm 100% sure it's illegal. Just not really worth charging if someone is already high. They would look for the evidence of possession if you looked high as it's straight forward evidence. I reckon in the states you could probably be charged just for the video of using. They are much stricter in parts of the US.

No idea on the USA part but 100% correct on the Victoria part. No one is charged for using unless in charge of a motor vehicle and even the charge isn't using, its driving a vehicle when under the influence of an illegal drug.
It is against the law to use, possess, cultivate or traffic a drug of dependence.

The penalties for using and possessing small quantities of illegal drugs are treated less seriously than for trafficking and cultivating drugs. Importing or exporting drugs is an offence under Commonwealth law.

I never said I was good at using the internet and am obviously worse at reading. That was the page I used but unfortunately I have lost my ability to read. Sorry BM you are right and I am wrong. Still say I don't know anyone charged with using but do see many charged with possession. Cops just don't have the numbers to worry about users.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
markp wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I never said I was good at using the internet and am obviously worse at reading. That was the page I used but unfortunately I have lost my ability to read. Sorry BM you are right and I am wrong. Still say I don't know anyone charged with using but do see many charged with possession. Cops just don't have the numbers to worry about users.
They charged people at music festivals but that was a long time ago. I know a guy who was in the raver scene in the 1990s and he was strip searched in public at a night club called tasty, they didn't find much so charged some with taking a drug because they spent a fortune on the operation. He ended up with compo for it about 10 years afterward. I think it was a pretty handy sum, maybe $10 000 for having your nuts out at a night club. I was pissed off I didn't get some latent homosexual cop fondle me in public.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Whiskers

This same desperation for a 'player with pace' cost us dearly in 2009

Most people suggested it was worth the risk....

When you enter into a bargaining situation desperate... Out come the blinkers and you'll be screwed... As you only see what you are desperate for and don't consider any problems.

It's why I never bid on houses I want, and leave that up to a representative... In fear of emotional competitiveness, or desperation deluding me from better judgement.
To be fair though, a lot of highly successful and happy people would disagree with that very conservative attitude.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:So I can pull out a line at the local restaurant and snort it? Or at the local bar??

of course the use of illicit drugs is prohibited by law.

How many people do you see using illicit drugs everyday? It's use is hidden for a reason.... Except for those dumb enough to broadcast it... Under the guise of how cool is my 'gangsta' behaviour...

No idea but have you ever heard of a person being charged with using illegal drugs. Its always possession. Anyway I'm sure previously you said we should keep him even after this stuff. We all know it was dumb but that is the end of it unless he is even more stupid and does it again.

Funny that when cops go to rave dances and the like they never charge people using but they have sniffer dogs and if in possession they will charge you even if you haven't used. And the reason you cant do it in the public because if it is seen you are using then you are still in possession but once you do it the possession doesn't exist anymore.

Looked it up and as I thought there is no such criminal offence for using drugs in Victoria. I accept your apology.
Using a DOD is definitely illegal plugger. And people still get charged with it. Usually relies on some sort of admission, or if the copper catches the offender red handed using. It's a Summary offence and you're correct in that it's no where near as common to charge someone with Use as it is to charge them with Possession. Most cops don't bother imo.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Back in the day, we charged anyone silly enough to admit using, even though they were not in possession. A risky strategy because as a summary offence, the suspect must be "found committing". The definition includes, obviously, a person caught in the act, or being found in such circumstances that the person finding them has reasonable grounds to believe they have committed the offence. So I can't lag in my neighbour for using DOD the previous day, but I could charge someone who has just injected and throws away the syringe just as I appear. Charging anyone purely based on admissions just isn't done anymore, as it is risky when attempting to get a conviction. Much easier to prove possession because you have some physical evidence in the form of the drug.

In a way, then Rip66, in a practical sense you are right, it's not a common charge these days, but it is definitely illegal to use a DOD.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
ripplug66
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:Back in the day, we charged anyone silly enough to admit using, even though they were not in possession. A risky strategy because as a summary offence, the suspect must be "found committing". The definition includes, obviously, a person caught in the act, or being found in such circumstances that the person finding them has reasonable grounds to believe they have committed the offence. So I can't lag in my neighbour for using DOD the previous day, but I could charge someone who has just injected and throws away the syringe just as I appear. Charging anyone purely based on admissions just isn't done anymore, as it is risky when attempting to get a conviction. Much easier to prove possession because you have some physical evidence in the form of the drug.

In a way, then Rip66, in a practical sense you are right, it's not a common charge these days, but it is definitely illegal to use a DOD.

Yep I certainly got it wrong but as you say the charge hardly happens.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Oh I'm sorry BM,

I just forgot who I was talking to for a moment? You were JB for a long time... Switched for a known reason... Ridiculously denied that... Then didn't... Post on BF as JB ... So you can see how one can get confused?? Sincere apologies!I didn't realise you are so sensitive... Honest mistake

You're not ashamed of you esteemed history are you?

BTW
I read some of the creative commentary you sprouted about me during my hiatus. Easy to do iI suppose, knowing that it would not be around to refute such garbage. If it actually came from a credible source, I may have came out of my recess and questioned... But it was from you... So I didn't really care.

You had some band-wagoners that saw the opportunity to join you though... So i guess that was a thrill? Why you'd bring up a person not posting or in the conversation says something though doesn't it??

Anyways
Carry on regardless.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Surely Bunk Moreland taking on the initials BM is the sincerest form of flattery.

I don't know who BTW is though.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: I don't know who BTW is though.
Big Time Wanker?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Big Tommy Walsh?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle

Dr Spaceman wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:The whole "this club's f***ed" thing would have been enough for me to put a pen through his name!
True dat, but other Essendon players could keep a lid on it!

I'm with Whiskers, the whole "this club's..." business had all the hallmarks of a lousy club man, I thought we'd turned the corner with this kind of rubbish when Goddard left (interesting to see Chappy calling him out on this) and surprised we needed him that badly. To be honest, I thought we should have held our nerve one more season and get the impression we'd been reading our own glowing press a bit too much. However, it is what it is now, let's hope there's a quick and obvious upside.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Oh I'm sorry BM,

I just forgot who I was talking to for a moment? You were JB for a long time... Switched for a known reason... Ridiculously denied that... Then didn't... Post on BF as JB ... So you can see how one can get confused?? Sincere apologies!I didn't realise you are so sensitive... Honest mistake

You're not ashamed of you esteemed history are you?

BTW
I read some of the creative commentary you sprouted about me during my hiatus. Easy to do iI suppose, knowing that it would not be around to refute such garbage. If it actually came from a credible source, I may have came out of my recess and questioned... But it was from you... So I didn't really care.

You had some band-wagoners that saw the opportunity to join you though... So i guess that was a thrill? Why you'd bring up a person not posting or in the conversation says something though doesn't it??

Anyways
Carry on regardless.

Told you I wont respond to your baiting and trolling. So you wasted your time.

People dont respond to immature, infantile, trolls

You are garbage - Enough said
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

I'm with Whiskers, the whole "this club's..." business had all the hallmarks of a lousy club man, I thought we'd turned the corner with this kind of rubbish when Goddard left (interesting to see Chappy calling him out on this) and surprised we needed him that badly. To be honest, I thought we should have held our nerve one more season and get the impression we'd been reading our own glowing press a bit too much. However, it is what it is now, let's hope there's a quick and obvious upside.
Interesting view
Must say I too wasnt that fussed if we didnt get Carlisle........I think we shouldve gone harder and if Hawks got him so be it......he aint donw much in 2 years and got a pass cause of all Bombers off field cr@p and still carries potential ban over his head....IF that eventuates IMO someone at our club should lose their job. No hiding from that fact we ALL knew bans were possible...

“Yeah….nah””
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Interesting view
Must say I too wasnt that fussed if we didnt get Carlisle........I think we shouldve gone harder and if Hawks got him so be it......he aint donw much in 2 years and got a pass cause of all Bombers off field cr@p and still carries potential ban over his head....IF that eventuates IMO someone at our club should lose their job. No hiding from that fact we ALL knew bans were possible...
And if gets four weeks or two?

Still sack someone?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Teflon wrote:
degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Interesting view

Still sack someone?
Not sure I said take no account of the penalty as I think that's obvious but if its 12months or more Id be mighty pissed - pick 5, massive $$ for a holiday ?

“Yeah….nah””
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Teflon wrote:
degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Interesting view

Still sack someone?
Not sure I said take no account of the penalty as I think that's obvious but if its 12months or more Id be mighty pissed - pick 5, massive $$ for a holiday ?
Would he get paid if suspended?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Teflon wrote:
degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Interesting view

Still sack someone?
Don't know but pick 5 will

“Yeah….nah””
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Understand what you are driving at however we do have #14. The thought is that we can get Matheson @14 where we were going for him @ #5.
Personally I am not sold on this Matheson strategy however that's the word apparently.

Really don't think Essendon players will get major suspensions.
Just as likely to miss as many games with injury.

We will have to wait and see I suppose

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So your telling me you won't respond to me... By responding to me... Haha

The smart thing to do would be to not...

A bit like a cross examination that is obviously going get objected/sustained... Intention clearly wasn't to illicit a response

Any-who
I'll see if you can take your own advice this time??

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Teflon wrote:
degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Interesting view

Still sack someone?
Don't know but pick 5 will
Can't be paid if suspended for doping.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:So your telling me you won't respond to me... By responding to me... Haha

The smart thing to do would be to not...

A bit like a cross examination that is obviously going get objected/sustained... Intention clearly wasn't to illicit a response

Any-who
I'll see if you can take your own advice this time??
I dont respond to trolls except to call them out for what they are.

Infantile immature self obsessed baiting trolls.

Wont engage with a child until the child behaves at least like an eight year old.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Understand what you are driving at however we do have #14. The thought is that we can get Matheson @14 where we were going for him @ #5.
Personally I am not sold on this Matheson strategy however that's the word apparently.

Really don't think Essendon players will get major suspensions.
Just as likely to miss as many games with injury.

We will have to wait and see I suppose
Hope that works out as Matho is someone we've been keen on apparently and would be a good addition.

“Yeah….nah””