We Could Emerge The Winner In Trade 2019

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Could Emerge The Winner In Trade 2019

damienc wrote: Thu 10 Oct 2019 10:14pm
degruch wrote: Thu 10 Oct 2019 10:09pm
damienc wrote: Thu 10 Oct 2019 10:06pm
saintsRrising wrote: Thu 10 Oct 2019 5:57pm If we do not actually land Hill this trade period will not end up being what we hoped.

Of all the players who want to come to us he is the one we most need and who will make the most difference to us.

We should certainly not pay vast offers for him but without him acquisitions are more the support cast than the feature act.
We will get him.

He's requested to come.

Fremantle know they are dealing exclusively with St Kilda.

They also know they have to make a deal.
Any chance, god forbid, the Cheese Boarders could trump us? Only Vic club with a higher pick I can think of that could use his services. Carlton are too busy elsewhere.
I think the answer is a definite NO.

When a player says he wants to go to a particular club then the club he's leaving must deal exclusively with his destination club.

If Hill suddenly said he wanted to go somewhere else then that is a different story.

But we've offered him a big, fat, long contract so why would he?

He's not going to get anywhere near that kind of dough or that length of contract from another club.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/liv ... 52zn2.html

"Graham Wright has also spoken to Trade Radio, starting by reiterating his comments about Sam Frost but also giving some updates on a few other players.

He's said:

Brad Hill has made his intention to join the Saints clear and the Hawks "couldn't get near" what St Kilda are offering .............."

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
SMS
Club Player

Bruce & 18 >>>> 32 & 13
13, Mkenzie >>>> Howard, Ryder and Gray

Steven >>>> 37
37 >>>> Z.Jones

12, 32, Acres >>>> B.Hill or Draft (freos decision but they aint getting next years picks)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Okay, so nothing's happened today that we know about. Media is saying Hill is seriously pissed about his deal being stuffed up. Other media saying the deal might not get done. No news on Bruce, Steven, Ryder, Howard or Jones. Nada. Now we have to wait until Monday.....excruciating

longtimesaint
Club Player

I would imagine they will continue to negotiate over the weekend.

One year will be our year
axcellence
Club Player

I feel as if all teams are so he’ll bent on winning trade week that very few deals will get done by Wednesday next week.

So far, nothing on:-
Bruce
Steven
Ryder
Howard
Acres
McKenzie
Jones
Hill

That’s a big roster change over, and I think one person or the other might not get traded with only 3 working days remaining.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

How many of these changes are being driven by our list manager, and how many of these are being driven by the new coach eg get me this type of player?

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.