8 - 5 becomes 13 - 20

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: 8 - 5 becomes 13 - 20

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 12:17am
kosifantutti wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 11:59pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2019 11:40pm

Lonie kicked a point from a holding free.
He kicked a goal from a high free.
He kicked a goal from the goal square after a 50 metre penalty.

Now the question is, what were you watching?
The kick from the holding free dropped short.
The kick from the high free was a goal. Well done, you got that right.
The 50m was after a mark. You said three scoring shots from frees. Curly would know the difference.

One out of three for you. We needed a new Mr 33% and it looks like we’ve got one.
Is that how we’re playing it?

3 shots at goal from frees, resulting in 2 goals and a miss

The mark was less than 50% chance of goaling, turned into a certain goal. Ask the dogs fans what they thought of the umpiring in the first quarter. But they’re clueless flogs, right?

Explain how giving us multiple shots at goal from frees throughout the game fits into the umpiring conspiracy against us?

Explain why the mark to Parker wasn’t paid. Did the umpire see it was a clear mark and just decide not to pay it? Or was he not sure?

The fact that some posters are so reluctant to even consider that sometimes we get the rub of the green with umpiring, but are then falling over each other to perpetuate AFL backed umpiring conspiracies against us baffles me.

We had a great win in a well umpired game, try enjoy it!

But alas some sad souls are only happy when they’re having a whinge.
You’re barking up the wrong tree if you’re looking for a conspiracy theory from me. The Parker non Mark was just wrong. If one umpire was unsighted, I don’t know why the other one in the region couldn’t over rule. Too timid, or they both couldn’t see a clear mark. Wrong decision either way.

And the irony of the guy whinging about non - existent frees stating:
“We had a great win in a well umpired game, try enjoy it!

But alas some sad souls are only happy when they’re having a whinge.”

All supporters of opposition teams are clueless flogs by definition. Try not to be one.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The 50m was after a mark. You said three scoring shots from frees. Curly would know the difference.

One out of three for you. We needed a new Mr 33% and it looks like we’ve got one.

The mark was less than 50% chance of goaling, turned into a certain goal. Ask the dogs fans what they thought of the umpiring in the first quarter. But they’re clueless flogs, right?

Explain how giving us multiple shots at goal from frees throughout the game fits into the umpiring conspiracy against us?

Explain why the mark to Parker wasn’t paid. Did the umpire see it was a clear mark and just decide not to pay it? Or was he not sure?

The fact that some posters are so reluctant to even consider that sometimes we get the rub of the green with umpiring, but are then falling over each other to perpetuate AFL backed umpiring conspiracies against us baffles me.

Well umpired game? What utter hogwash.

Frees were 18 for 27 against.

Any game where the losing side has 50% more free kicks is not a well umpired game Mr Dud one.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 11:34am
Well umpired game? What utter hogwash.

Frees were 18 for 27 against.

Any game where the losing side has 50% more free kicks is not a well umpired game Mr Dud one.
Saynta - I must disagree

In a game where one team plays bloody/dirty football there could be a case for lots of frees against but also bludgeoning the opposition into submission.

I would agree however that it was not a well umpired game.

I keep saying that it is not the free kick count - and it is not the paid ones.

It is the ones that are not paid - like the numerous tackles that go un-rewarded that lead to more congestion etc.

Every fan wants 100 for and 0 against - but that is not reality

However:
- When you see Carlisle shake his hand because it was kicked - you wonder at Kicking in Danger
- When a player falls forward and the umps are sucked in - you feel it - esp when we get pinged for holding the ball
- When the ball is knocked free for them it is play on - when it is for us - we get done for holding

These are the things that I do not like

But I will also say that Lonie was 'lucky' to get the high tackle free - however softer ones are paid week in week out (See Selwood etc) - and a certain poster justifies it as being there - I just want to scream blue murder when (s)he then claims we were lucky to get the free! [It is the overplaying Devil's advocate that frustrates me with him/her - in umpiring issues they never wear their St Kilda eyes]

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 8:20am

You’re barking up the wrong tree if you’re looking for a conspiracy theory from me. The Parker non Mark was just wrong. If one umpire was unsighted, I don’t know why the other one in the region couldn’t over rule. Too timid, or they both couldn’t see a clear mark. Wrong decision either way.

All supporters of opposition teams are clueless flogs by definition. Try not to be one.
I agree and stated earlier the Parker mark was a clear mistake. Umpires are going to make mistakes, no use dwelling on them.

Go back to the match thread, everyone is enjoying a great game and it’s all mostly positive, until a certain stooge poster starts spamming about umpiring and derails the whole thing instead of just enjoying our best win of the season and focussing on the Saints. In isolation this is no big deal, but when it happens every week for the last two years it starts to get very tiresome.

And there are flog supporters for every team, but most are just good normal people. Saying someone is clueless or a flog purely because of a football team they support is childish and ignorant. Try not be that.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 11:46am But I will also say that Lonie was 'lucky' to get the high tackle free - however softer ones are paid week in week out (See Selwood etc) - and a certain poster justifies it as being there - I just want to scream blue murder when (s)he then claims we were lucky to get the free! [It is the overplaying Devil's advocate that frustrates me with him/her - in umpiring issues they never wear their St Kilda eyes]
I assume you’re talking about me.

Never said the Lonie frees weren’t there, but I also have the ability to recognise he likes to play for frees (which I think will come back to bite him) and they were on the softer side.

And what’s the point of judging unbias umpiring with bias ‘St Kilda eyes’? This is a simple concept many on here can’t grasp. It’s just going to lead to frustration and disappointment when every 50/50 decision doesn’t go your way. Save yourself the pain and focus your energy on the Saints!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 7:25pm

I agree and stated earlier the Parker mark was a clear mistake. Umpires are going to make mistakes, no use dwelling on them.

Go back to the match thread, everyone is enjoying a great game and it’s all mostly positive, until a certain stooge poster starts spamming about umpiring and derails the whole thing instead of just enjoying our best win of the season and focussing on the Saints. In isolation this is no big deal, but when it happens every week for the last two years it starts to get very tiresome.

And there are flog supporters for every team, but most are just good normal people. Saying someone is clueless or a flog purely because of a football team they support is childish and ignorant. Try not be that.
You know about the ignore function don’t you? It might be simpler than the bait and abuse tactics that got you a one day ban.

And some of my best friends barrack for other teams, it’s just when it comes to football, they’re ignorant flogs. They can’t help it, they just are.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 7:45pm

You know about the ignore function don’t you? It might be simpler than the bait and abuse tactics that got you a one day ban.

And some of my best friends barrack for other teams, it’s just when it comes to football, they’re ignorant flogs. They can’t help it, they just are.
No baiting here. Got the holiday for saying “F you *****” when the umps, despite their supposed conspiracy against us and much to his dismay, paid a free to Brown then Bruce who kicked the goal to put the win beyond doubt.

Absolutely worth it too :D

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

I was enjoying the footy until the umpires attempted to change the game with biased umpiring. I am well with in my rights to do so just as you are able to be deliberately argumentative.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 8:06pm
kosifantutti wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 7:45pm

No baiting here. Got the holiday for saying “F you *****” when the umps, despite their supposed conspiracy against us and much to his dismay, paid a free to Brown then Bruce who kicked the goal to put the win beyond doubt.

Absolutely worth it too :D
Maybe just a little bit of baiting?
The_Dud wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 5:38pm Most excited I’ve been about a game in a long time. I think we’ll come out of the box hot, hopefully we can keep it going the whole game.

I also hope this thread doesn’t get derailed again by clueless whinging...

👍

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I would assume baiting meant trying to provoke someone to respond. I was hoping/requesting the exact opposite.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Let me know if that works for you.