Coffield

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Coffield

The young fella hasn't got much inspirational support from our more senior/ experienced players who are struggling to stamp themselves on a game.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:53pm The young fella hasn't got much inspirational support from our more senior/ experienced players who are struggling to stamp themselves on a game.
Amen to that - I mean we are asking "Why aren't these guys ripping it up at AFL level?"

I would imagine most of them (possibly Gresh included) would be thinking "What the hell is going on with the club?" - the feeling at St Kilda would be the same I guess as rocking into work and being given an Etch-a-Sketch to work on when people at the competition are working on laptops - or a retail person being asked to ring each item up on an abacus v a cash register with scanning.

It frustrates me - but probably not as much as it does the 22 players - I mean they dont go out each week and say "Lets kick 8 goals in a game of footy"

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2019 4:40pm
spert wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:53pm The young fella hasn't got much inspirational support from our more senior/ experienced players who are struggling to stamp themselves on a game.
Amen to that - I mean we are asking "Why aren't these guys ripping it up at AFL level?"

I would imagine most of them (possibly Gresh included) would be thinking "What the hell is going on with the club?" - the feeling at St Kilda would be the same I guess as rocking into work and being given an Etch-a-Sketch to work on when people at the competition are working on laptops - or a retail person being asked to ring each item up on an abacus v a cash register with scanning.

It frustrates me - but probably not as much as it does the 22 players - I mean they dont go out each week and say "Lets kick 8 goals in a game of footy"
I think you'd be surprised at what goes on inside elite football clubs. You know ' the bubble' they all speak of? Yep - that sums it up. They literally have zero idea what's going on at other clubs and zero awareness of good practice from bad. They literally live in their bubble. Can you imagine 40 odd players being injected 000's of times over the course of a season and yet, no one said anything to an outsider or questioned it meaningfully that raised suspicion? Yep - the bubble again.

Most - not all - of the players on our list have only ever known Richo and his ways (however good or bad they are). They actually don't know any better.

Hence, why leadership is important to set the right cultural and behavioral standards. Not to mention learning and development platforms.

Go you red, black & white warriors
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Probably Coffs best game for us

Improved again and looked more composed. I like him

#1 Ryder fan
DJ Higgins
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 8:30pm Probably Coffs best game for us

Improved again and looked more composed. I like him
Pump games into this kid. Yes he will make mistakes etc but he is improving with each game as shown tonight. He and hunter look like wise choices after all.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Showed a bit more composure again, Can Kick, keep playing him.

Always loyal