Saints offer big money for untried ruckman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Re: Saints offer big money for untried ruckman

ss1986 wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:17am In what world is an Essendon VFL player who has already done a knee, worth $425k a year for a guaranteed 4 years? Or whatever the deal is.

Sorry - it stinks
Apparently Sydney want him, and so do Essendon.

So if we want him, we're going to have to pay for it. Pretty simple.

Unless of course, this is just yet another classic case of the old 'tell the media that the Saints or North have offered him squillions in order to bump up his value' trick.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Look as a one off it would be ok. Problem is at the Saints gaining players who are injured happens way too often. Cumulatively that means we carry a very large risk.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 5:11pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 11:08pm And exactly how "damaged" is he?
Have you talked to the player or his doctor or manager?
No, of course not. You have NFI like the rest of us. I bet no one has even heard of him.

For all we know he will be ready for pre-season and his body will be a 100% fine. He might be a great ruck prospect that all recruiters are massive on.

Geez this place is moronic sometimes. 🙄
Agree totally with your above quote Ted, you would have to be a moron to make a medical assessment on a players injury without medical knowledge or access to the medical staff who worked on or rehabilitation staff who work with the player.

Out of interest when did your opinion change in regard to medical opinion being required before assessment or judgement?

Because you seemed to be able to comment below on Tom Mitchell's injury without knowledge or information.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 14 Jan 2019 12:35pm He will never be the same footy player again.
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 14 Jan 2019 8:49pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 14 Jan 2019 12:35pm He will never be the same footy player again.
Silly quote Ted, unless you are his surgeon you have no idea.
Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 9:55am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 14 Jan 2019 10:05pm Think N. Brown, think G. Rohan, plus countless others that have had similar injuries. He will really struggle to be the footballer he was before. That is fact unfortunately.
Reiterate, very silly quote Ted.

Unless you have the details of the injury and have sound medical knowledge you have no idea.

Rohan and Brown had horrific multiple compound fractures. I have not seen x-rays of Mitchell’s leg so I don’t know the extent of the damage.

Dozens of players have had broken legs and returned without issue, the two you refer were very bad complicated injuries.

He may never be the same, may be just as good or end up better, I don’t know and you don’t either.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 11:21am Repeat. Will not be the same player. Good luck to him but he won't be back to his best. History and statistics prove this fact.
I think the time's come Joffa. You and Ted will have to get a divorce. It's just not working.

I know you are besotted, spending hours a day trawling through Ted's post history, but it's just not going to achieve anything. You CAN do it, and there are plenty of others out there.

Save you a lot of time as well, you can get on with your life.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:21pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 11:08pm And exactly how "damaged" is he?
No, of course not. You have NFI like the rest of us. I bet no one has even heard of him.

For all we know he will be ready for pre-season and his body will be a 100% fine. He might be a great ruck prospect that all recruiters are massive on.

Agree totally with your above quote Ted, you would have to be a moron to make a medical assessment on a players injury without medical knowledge or access to the medical staff who worked on or rehabilitation staff who work with the player.

Out of interest when did your opinion change in regard to medical opinion being required before assessment or judgement?

Because you seemed to be able to comment below on Tom Mitchell's injury without knowledge or information.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 14 Jan 2019 10:05pm Think N. Brown, think G. Rohan, plus countless others that have had similar injuries. He will really struggle to be the footballer he was before. That is fact unfortunately.

Unless you have the details of the injury and have sound medical knowledge you have no idea.

Rohan and Brown had horrific multiple compound fractures. I have not seen x-rays of Mitchell’s leg so I don’t know the extent of the damage.

Dozens of players have had broken legs and returned without issue, the two you refer were very bad complicated injuries.

He may never be the same, may be just as good or end up better, I don’t know and you don’t either.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 11:21am Repeat. Will not be the same player. Good luck to him but he won't be back to his best. History and statistics prove this fact.
I think the time's come Joffa. You and Ted will have to get a divorce. It's just not working.

I know you are besotted, spending hours a day trawling through Ted's post history, but it's just not going to achieve anything. You CAN do it, and there are plenty of others out there.

But you are guilty of the same act.

Fkn absolutely priceless.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:03pm Look a as one off it would be ok. Problem is at the Saints gaining players who are injured happens way too often. Cumulatively that means we carry a very large risk.
Do we though?

Hawthorn just sold the farm for O'Meara, and recruited Scully.
They also got Burgoyne who had knee tendonitis.

Geelong recruited Rohan, Stanley and Ablett.

West Coast selected Judd when his shoulders were no good.

North took Higgins and Waite.

Freo took Hogan and Bennell.

Richmond just took Lynch.

Collingwood paid big bucks for Wells and took Stephenson knowing he has heart issues.

And that's just off the top of my head.

We took Freeman, Hannebury and King. And Bytel. Only Freeman was a real risk in terms of his injuries though, the others were merely time related.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Looks like you are prone to premature evaluation on the medical front yourself tedaway!

Good diagnosis from you after Paddy was concussed below.
lucky you are not part of the medical team as you'd have splashed some water on his head and sent him back out there :roll:
takeaway wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 4:48pm
No. Just rubbing his head after 2 quarters with a helmet on, as anyone would.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 5:28pm

I’m no medical doctor, but I don’t think Ted will ever be the same poster after that burn :mrgreen:

And let’s not forget the infamous “corked ass, storm in a teacup”! ;)

Not forgetting this gem from Doctor parkeyted....

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 13 Mar 2019 9:49am Paddy and Robbo maybe right for Rd 1

Personal health is most important but let's hope these little hiccups they went through prove to be ok. 👍

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:42pm

Looks like you are prone to premature evaluation on the medical front yourself tedaway!

lucky you are not part of the medical team as you'd have splashed some water on his head and sent him back out there :roll:
You're right, I probably would have. Whether it would have made any difference, as the symptoms arose quite some period later, I'm not sure.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:40pm
saintsRrising wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:03pm Look a as one off it would be ok. Problem is at the Saints gaining players who are injured happens way too often. Cumulatively that means we carry a very large risk.
Do we though?

Collingwood paid big bucks for Wells and took Stephenson knowing he has heart issues.

We took Freeman, Hannebury and King. And Bytel. Only Freeman was a real risk in terms of his injuries though, the others were merely time related.
Quoting other clubs is pretty meaningless as my point was that it has not gone well for StKilda when we have gone that way.

I am trying to think which injured recruit we picked up that worked out for us? The Bi-polar Barrot did not go well for us. From Michael Jez on it has been a pretty grim record.

Gardiner is about the only one I can think of? He played some great footy, but also missed a lot of games with us.

Mind you the one player who had an injury cloud that we did not pick was Judd and that probably cost us two flags.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:18pm
Do we though?

Quoting other clubs is pretty meaningless as my point was that it has not gone well for StKilda when we have gone that way.

I am trying to think which injured recruit we picked up that worked out for us? The Bi-polar Barrot did not go well for us. From Michael Jez on it has been a pretty grim record.

Gardiner is about the only one I can think of? He played some great footy, but also missed a lot of games with us.

Mind you the one player who had an injury cloud that we did not pick was Judd and that probably cost us two flags.
?

Who hasn't gone well?

Only Freeman that I'm aware of.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:47pm
saintsRrising wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:18pm
Do we though?

?

Who hasn't gone well?

Only Freeman that I'm aware of.
Players with Clouds:
Barrot 2 games.
Michael Jez 0 games
Smith
Lawrence- some value but stayed a bad boy and ran off the rails
Paddy

Players with clouds that went elsewhere and did well include Joel Smith, Everitt, Hall, Lappin (? our skinny defender), Guerra....

As I posted earlier in principle I don't have a problem, but we do not seem to manage players with clouds well. I am really hoping that King and Bytel will be the start of more positive outcomes.

takeaway
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:39pm

What act? No idea what you are referring to.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Just like most clubs we will (and should) be scouring the mullock heaps of other clubs, searching for a discarded gem. Doesn't mean we will/can get him.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I will say that with our current form and recent seasons that big fish will be out of our grasp and do the club will need to target some less likely players.

Hard to see the Dons playing nice at the trade table though.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I will say that with our current form and recent seasons that big fish will be out of our grasp and do the club will need to target some less likely players.

Hard to see the Dons playing nice at the trade table though.

Greg T
Club Player

Rather get Ryder to help Marshall if possible

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

The way the Saints are recruiting we should change our name to The StKilda Crocs.

We should then talk Croc Media into becoming our Major sponsor.

No wonder the footy world is laughing at Stkilda right now.

What a croc.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 9:48pm The way the Saints are recruiting we should change our name to The StKilda Crocs.

We should then talk Croc Media into becoming our Major sponsor.

No wonder the footy world is laughing at Stkilda right now.

What a croc.
Interesting comment.

I think our recruiting has been really good.

I went through the past 10 years of drafting and recruiting, and I don't think we've missed the mark much at all.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

**** me dead.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:00pm **** me dead.
Who should have we got, that we didn't?

Not who we could have got, but should have.

Go back through the last 10 years like I did, and tell me who we should have got.

Harves Man
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:42pm

Genuinely really funny - I laughed my head off, reading this!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Lots of Essendon supporters saying they should match our contract offer despite the acl injury concern - they rate him

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:20pm

Ignore the crap Takers.

Corfe doesn't seem to enjoy Mondays. He endlessly trawls through old posts and manipulates them to his liking without any context. Pretty sad.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:32am
takeaway wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:20pm

Ignore the crap Takers.

Corfe doesn't seem to enjoy Mondays. He endlessly trawls through old posts and manipulates them to his liking without any context. Pretty sad.
I think you have the days if the week mixed up Tedaway, this should help you.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:21pm
SaintPav wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:00pm **** me dead.
Who should have we got, that we didn't?

Not who we could have got, but should have.

Go back through the last 10 years like I did, and tell me who we should have got.
:lol: