Ahhh WTF Hanners?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ahhh WTF Hanners?

Season 2019 (and 800k) is a write off due to injury for Hannebery.

Just like 2017 and 2018.

How anyone thinks a 29 year old is going to suddenly return to 800k/AA form after 3 years ruined by injury is beyond me.

Everything about the Hannebery deal from day one has stunk to high hell.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
GilsAuPair
Club Player

King selected himself at pick 4.
Not sure it required much thought.
All anyone had to do was click on a phantom draft the day before the draft.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-20/ ... ntom-draft

Didnt require a mastermind.

A true mastermind would have picked JDG at pick 1 in 2014.

GilsAuPair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 8:38pm Season 2019 (and 800k) is a write off due to injury for Hannebery.

Just like 2017 and 2018.

How anyone thinks a 29 year old is going to suddenly return to 800k/AA form after 3 years ruined by injury is beyond me.

Ive heard a whisper our medicos have a secret plan to inject the stem cells from champion filly Winx in to his buttocks

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

- Stadium deal has nothing to do with us
- Carlisle D&D is due diligence.. he was banned after we traded our pick 5. Love Carlisle but what a disaster of due diligence
- record membership means nothing it’s just 3 game memberships, I’ll guarantee you we are lower in actual 11 game memberships then we were 5 years ago
- Profit and loss slammed by AFL and finances awful

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Vazelos wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 8:37pm
mightysainters wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:44pm You have your head in the sand and you seem to be happy with mediocrity.. our admin is our off field staff, how don’t you understand that?

Here’s some of our stuff ups:
- Under resourced compared to other clubs
- moving to Seaford then back
- Our recruiting is abysmal (Paddy, King)
- Hannas is a disaster and a stupid pickup in hindsight, he’s cooked!
- Carlisle D&D was a joke and then was suspended
- CEO hasn’t done a thing
- appointed lethlean who has made numerous mistakes as above
- Richo was a terrible choice as coach
- Geary captain
- injury management is just terrible
- War chest and our free agency of big fish has been an absolute laughing stock
- Freeman
- injury management
I know for a fact Port Power were praying we would not pick Max King they identified him as the best player in the draft.
CEO has us some wins-
Steadily built the membership up to record numbers despite non finals football for 8 years.
Negotiated the stadium deal ( partly)
Negotiated the Moorabbin deal (partly)
I am not a huge fan in some other areas but will acknowledge some of his work to offer a balanced view.
Carlisle D&D???
- I know for a fact a lot of clubs wouldn’t have chosen King early due to his knee and playing no games the previous year
- Carlisle D&D is due diligence.. he was banned after we traded our pick 5. Love Carlisle but what a disaster of due diligence
- record membership means nothing it’s just 3 game memberships, I’ll guarantee you we are lower in actual 11 game memberships then we were 5 years ago

bigred
Saintsational Legend

As much as I would like to tow the company line on this one there is just too much stink to do so.

Lethlean is an AFL plant. We all know this. Effectively jobs for the boys so the AFL will keep letting us run up so much debt. We have no hand.
He isnt the first or the last bloke to cheat on his wife with a younger woman. None of us know him well enough to really judge his character. You make broad stroke assumptions based on what we get fed by the media and the club itself.

I dont just blame Lethlean. Surely, surely he is not in a position strong enough just to pull the trigger on a trade like this one. It must be signed off by several key staff. Wouldn't you think?

Would he however, blindly push for the trade due to his past relationship? Absolutely.
Would he push in a manner that might compromise our due diligence in regard to Hanna's fitness? Absolutely.
Would others perhaps be in a position where they were somewhat powerless to stop such a trade? Maybe.

I dont really want Lethlean at our club. I believe there are more qualified and better candidates out there for the role. Is this bloke trying to win us a flag?

Personally on face value I rate Hannabery as a player. I was happy to get him on the list. We have to pay someone the salary cap, so why not him instead of clearly overpaying spuds?

If he plays then good.
Same with King.
Same with Bytel next year.

We have taken some substantial risks with our list management which was in many ways fkn rubbish to begin with.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 9:11pm
Vazelos wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 8:37pm
mightysainters wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:44pm You have your head in the sand and you seem to be happy with mediocrity.. our admin is our off field staff, how don’t you understand that?

- Geary captain
- Freeman
- injury management
I know for a fact Port Power were praying we would not pick Max King they identified him as the best player in the draft.
CEO has us some wins-
Steadily built the membership up to record numbers despite non finals football for 8 years.
Negotiated the stadium deal ( partly)
Negotiated the Moorabbin deal (partly)
I am not a huge fan in some other areas but will acknowledge some of his work to offer a balanced view.
Carlisle D&D???
- I know for a fact a lot of clubs wouldn’t have chosen King early due to his knee and playing no games the previous year
I know for a fact 4 out 5 of your points are completey made up.

stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 8:38pm Season 2019 (and 800k) is a write off due to injury for Hannebery.

Just like 2017 and 2018.

If you think he won't play a game this season and still earn $800k, well, no more needs to be said really!!!!!

All the best to you!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I was unhappy and demonstrative when I initially heard Richo's presser last week, but in hindsight it is not the end of the world as long as they get Hanners 100% fit and firing.

So lets not self destruct over some media idiots whos job it is to sensationalise every story. Hanners is now one of ours so lets back him and the media can go f.... themselves.

Its time to dig in Sainters and fight the enemies externally, not within.

Kilda
Club Player

One of the hardest things is knowing that we the members love this club - despite its excess of warts- and yet we have to put up with decisions made by those in power who may have no real affinity (for the club) and see it more as a means to an ends.

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:02pm

Just like 2017 and 2018.

If you think he won't play a game this season and still earn $800k, well, no more needs to be said really!!!!!

All the best to you!!!!!
I predicted on the day Hannebery was recruited he would play about five or six games in his first season.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
GilsAuPair
Club Player

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:21pm

Just like 2017 and 2018.

All the best to you!!!!!
I predicted on the day Hannebery was recruited he would play about five or six games in his first season.
Relax. Come 2022 and he will be absolutely humming!

lewdogs
Club Player

mightysainters wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 8:08pm
lewdogs wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:49pm

- Geary captain
- Freeman
- injury management
Hard to take you seriously when you list King recruitment as a disaster. That is a prediction based on absolutely nothing. From what I hear many think he could become a St Kilda great.
How is that a joke? We (club desperately needing kids) recruited someone who was coming off an ACL, who hadn’t played all year in a midfield draft
If he had played he probably would have gone pick 1.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Just like 2017 and 2018.

All the best to you!!!!!
I didn’t say he wasn’t going to play, just that this season is a write off.

Best case scenario is he’s in the seniors by mid year, with no preseason and coming of years of playing injured, I’m not thinking he’s going to be in AA form!

The_President
Club Player

Imagine if by giving him the right amount of time to get healthy... that he comes good.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:10pm I was unhappy and demonstrative when I initially heard Richo's presser last week, but in hindsight it is not the end of the world as long as they get Hanners 100% fit and firing.

So lets not self destruct over some media idiots whos job it is to sensationalise every story. Hanners is now one of ours so lets back him and the media can go f.... themselves.

Its time to dig in Sainters and fight the enemies externally, not within.
Very good point you make and if...by any chance this admin and this head coach survive...how do you explain Richo's admission last week. Isn't the admission a sign that there might be conflict within the club. I reckon Richo threw Lethlean under a bus

At the very least, Richo is building up a warchest of excuses if this year turns out as bad as last year. Maybe he didn't purposefully blame Simon for the decision, but by publicly declaring that decisions were made to recruit Hannas without full knowledge he may also be implying that Lethlean has handicapped the list going forward and handicapped the team for 2019

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 12:17am
...how do you explain Richo's admission last week. Isn't the admission a sign that there might be conflict within the club. I reckon Richo threw Lethlean under a bus
Given how foolish this news has made the Club look, and that Richo as Head Coach is in part remunerated to advance the club in a PR sense (which this 100% was not), my thoughts align with yours.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

The_President wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 12:05am Imagine if by giving him the right amount of time to get healthy... that he comes good.
There's more chance of Paris Hilton joining the nunnery.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

I like the selection of king and bytel. Yes they are both risks but these two appear to be calculated ones. We have made many safe calls over the last five years, yes there are exceptions but they are more stupid than safe, and we now have the most beige vanilla bland team going. Dull to watch, no real flair or excitement playing sleep inducing footy. Last year we took some risks and I'm excited

King did a knee but how many players have? It's sadly common now adays and surgery and rehab is really good now adays but it does take time. Kid has skills, great leaps, times ball at its peak, has go go gadget arms and who is better than his brother who posted some elite times for a big man at the combine. Worth the risk
Jack bytel is pick 40 who needed surgery on a bulging disc. Easy to fix with surgery and was playing really well while in pain and hampered by this complaint. Roll the dice there.
Matt Parker. Nuff said
Wilkie. Rookie selection who had state league skill set and plenty of them. Yes please
Hind. Don't know enough if him yet but seems ok plus finally some speed of the half back flankers
Rob young. All iknow of him is he kicked four at sandy last week
If it wasn't for dan hanneberry trade last year's bunch would have been great calls. You are not going to hit 100% or the time but 2-3 time this year will be seen as the bottoming out period before the rise back to the Eight.
Now to get thru 2019, pass the Jim beam please

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 8:56am I like the selection of king and bytel. Yes they are both risks but these two appear to be calculated ones.

King did a knee but how many players have? It's sadly common now adays and surgery and rehab is really good now adays but it does take time. Kid has skills, great leaps, times ball at its peak, has go go gadget arms and who is better than his brother who posted some elite times for a big man at the combine. Worth the risk
Jack bytel is pick 40 who needed surgery on a bulging disc. Easy to fix with surgery and was playing really well while in pain and hampered by this complaint. Roll the dice there.
Agree 100%

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:21pm

Just like 2017 and 2018.

All the best to you!!!!!
Well you were too bloody optimistic then, weren't you :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:57pm

Just like 2017 and 2018.

All the best to you!!!!!

Best case scenario is he’s in the seniors by mid year, with no preseason and coming of years of playing injured, I’m not thinking he’s going to be in AA form!
Fair enough, that's your opinion, my knowledge is that he won't earn anyway near $800k a season when not playing!!!!!

He will be ready when the club needs him most!!!!!

It will be a slow burn, however will be worth the wait!!!!!

We all get them right and wrong with our thoughts, so we will see who is right on this occasion over time!!!!!

Having said that, Tom Hickey went well on the weekend!!!!! ;)

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 9:37am

Just like 2017 and 2018.

All the best to you!!!!!

Fair enough, that's your opinion, my knowledge is that he won't earn anyway near $800k a season when not playing!!!!!

We all get them right and wrong with our thoughts, so we will see who is right on this occasion over time!!!!!

Watched the WCE game, poor Tom had a “Barry Crocker”.

Mav was serviceable though, should retain his spot for the Tigers. Is your info that he knew about the Tigers interest and that lead to the rejection of the North Melbourne offer?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 10:21am
stonecold wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 9:37am

Just like 2017 and 2018.

All the best to you!!!!!

Watched the WCE game, poor Tom had a “Barry Crocker”.

Mav was serviceable though, should retain his spot for the Tigers. Is your info that he knew about the Tigers interest and that lead to the rejection of the North Melbourne offer?
The north offer was always a pisstake, we all just played along to make you feel good about yourself and your social media profile Joff!!!!! ;)

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 9:37am Having said that, Tom Hickey went well on the weekend!!!!! ;)
Did better than Billy :wink: