Damian Barrett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Damian Barrett

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 06 Oct 2018 10:07pm FWIW, I'd be dirty if I'd won 4 B&Fs or whatever at a club, and I kept hearing about these million dollar offers being thrown at anyone who's uncontracted from another club.

Show ME the money.
You make a fair point Rodger.
That’s assuming Jack is not on similar money to what we are offering Shiel. We have to be paying overs at the moment so hopefully Jack is getting his share.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

supersaints2 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 9:01pm Just found Stuvs manager interview in trade radio ... Jacks not going anywhere

AFL agent Peter Lenton has provided an update on St Kilda star Jack Steven, stating that he will remain with the Saints in light of rumours linking him with a move to Geelong.
Steven, who grew up in Lorne, has been linked with a potential move to the Cats, and after a ‘different’ exit interview in which he requested answers about the direction of the club, there were questions as to whether he would stay with the Saints.

Lenton on NAB AFL Trade Radiohowever, stated Steven still has two years to go on his contract and said there are nothing to the Geelong rumours.

“Nothing’s really going on there,” said Lenton.
“To be honest, I have spoken to Stephen Wells about Jack, it was well publicised he had a different sort of exit interview at the club.
“He was pretty strong about where the club is going and wanted a couple of answers
“He’s been at the club a long time, he’s obviously just won his fourth best and fairest at the club and he’s got two years left to go on his contract.
“It’s not too difficult to figure out that there’s not going to be much movement there.”
It’s pretty obvious Jack ain’t happy. It’s the club holding him and his manager STILL then had a convo with Cats....go figure...
That’s ok Jack is entitled not to be happy - who can be happy with the shyte we are being served up by Benny Hill Admin at present, extending dud coaches etc.....joke.
BUT - park that.
Jack not happy?? Cats keen on 29 yr old Jack? Awesome
Get me a top 10 pick cats plus good young player and he’s yours or piss off
OR
Lions......give me pick 5 .....he’s yours
I’ll take King and Rankine/Smith in draft and be set for next decade ...
We are 5 years away from top 4 gang - not talking about scraping into the 8...
IF we were to get value for Jack it’s THIS year be bold saints and long sighted
Then up both Gresham and Billings contracts

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:07pm
supersaints2 wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 9:01pm Just found Stuvs manager interview in trade radio ... Jacks not going anywhere

AFL agent Peter Lenton has provided an update on St Kilda star Jack Steven, stating that he will remain with the Saints in light of rumours linking him with a move to Geelong.
Steven, who grew up in Lorne, has been linked with a potential move to the Cats, and after a ‘different’ exit interview in which he requested answers about the direction of the club, there were questions as to whether he would stay with the Saints.

Lenton on NAB AFL Trade Radiohowever, stated Steven still has two years to go on his contract and said there are nothing to the Geelong rumours.

“To be honest, I have spoken to Stephen Wells about Jack, it was well publicised he had a different sort of exit interview at the club.
“He was pretty strong about where the club is going and wanted a couple of answers
“He’s been at the club a long time, he’s obviously just won his fourth best and fairest at the club and he’s got two years left to go on his contract.
“It’s not too difficult to figure out that there’s not going to be much movement there.”
It’s pretty obvious Jack ain’t happy. It’s the club holding him and his manager STILL then had a convo with Cats....go figure...
That’s ok Jack is entitled not to be happy - who can be happy with the shyte we are being served up by Benny Hill Admin at present, extending dud coaches etc.....joke.
BUT - park that.
OR
I agree that Jack is unlikely to be part of significant success. If the price is right it would be worth considering.

Gershwin
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:51pm

BUT - park that.
OR
I agree that Jack is unlikely to be part of significant success. If the price is right it would be worth considering.
If we let Jack go then we are guaranteeing no success in the immediate future. I'm not that pessimistic. With a better draw + getting over the loss of Riewoldt and Montagna + Roberton and Bruce back and improvement from Long, Clark, Coffield etc. we can have another go. No need for tantrums.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 3:03pm

BUT - park that.
OR
If we let Jack go then we are guaranteeing no success in the immediate future. I'm not that pessimistic. With a better draw + getting over the loss of Riewoldt and Montagna + Roberton and Bruce back and improvement from Long, Clark, Coffield etc. we can have another go. No need for tantrums.
It doesn’t matter
Incremental improvement has to come we simply can’t be as bad as this year but we have to be aiming higher than that
Facts are we are light for true elite quality -Jack is good, not elite and if he did want out (his managers talking obviously and I suspects cats will try again), then why wouldnt u look at it ?

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 10:47pm
Gershwin wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 3:03pm

BUT - park that.
OR
It doesn’t matter
Incremental improvement has to come we simply can’t be as bad as this year but we have to be aiming higher than that
Facts are we are light for true elite quality -Jack is good, not elite and if he did want out (his managers talking obviously and I suspects cats will try again), then why wouldnt u look at it ?
Stephen Wells has also provided updates on several other players:

Gary Rohan

"We had a good discussion with Sydney today. Yes, I am confident we'll get Gary Rohan in. It might take a bit more work yet, but Sydney and Geelong always get on well in these sort of discussions."

Jack Steven

"We didn't meet St Kilda today. Jack's a terrific player but we're fully expecting he'll be playing at St Kilda in 2019. They've made it very clear to everybody over a number of weeks now that he's not on the trade table, so I think that story's over."

Daniel Menzel

"We didn't talk to any of the clubs today about Daniel Menzel. Daniel's an unrestricted free agent so until the free agency period's over the ball is in Daniel's court, so to speak, where he's got his options with any clubs that he chooses to go to."