Match day thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match day thread

SaintPav wrote:
White Winmar wrote:What a privilege to see the great man in action today. A masterclass delivered . Glad I was there to witness one of our greatest ever at his best. On that form he has at least two good years left in him. Get to work on Catherine, as she might need some convincing for 2018 and beyond. I'd love to see him captain until he claims the record, but typical of the man, he doesn't seek personal glory. On another note, despite the fact he's a renowned ball player, he receives terrible treatment from the umpires. With all the holding, pushing and arm chopping, he could'Ve kicked twelve or more today, if the "egos in lime and grey" had been fair dinkum. What does he have to do? Others seem to be able win frees far more easily.
At one stage 3 Brisbane Bears players were blocking/holding him off the ball.
Indeed SP. I was on level two At the Coventry end and had a perfect view of the contests in the second and last quarters. Some of the infringements they "missed" we're staggering, especially as there was an ego nearby on each occasion. How do they get away with calling free kicks from 80 metres away, when they can't see blatant transgressions right in front of them?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match day thread

White Winmar wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
White Winmar wrote:What a privilege to see the great man in action today. A masterclass delivered . Glad I was there to witness one of our greatest ever at his best. On that form he has at least two good years left in him. Get to work on Catherine, as she might need some convincing for 2018 and beyond. I'd love to see him captain until he claims the record, but typical of the man, he doesn't seek personal glory. On another note, despite the fact he's a renowned ball player, he receives terrible treatment from the umpires. With all the holding, pushing and arm chopping, he could'Ve kicked twelve or more today, if the "egos in lime and grey" had been fair dinkum. What does he have to do? Others seem to be able win frees far more easily.
At one stage 3 Brisbane Bears players were blocking/holding him off the ball.
Indeed SP. I was on level two At the Coventry end and had a perfect view of the contests in the second and last quarters. Some of the infringements they "missed" we're staggering, especially as there was an ego nearby on each occasion. How do they get away with calling free kicks from 80 metres away, when they can't see blatant transgressions right in front of them?
They have selective sight and take too long to make a decision.

What about the the non 50 to Roo after Sauce belted him across the back of the head AFTER he took the mark? Disgraceful and blatant miss.

Kudos to Leppa for not going the tank when he was entitled too though hate seeing those cheats with the no 1 pick. Always refreshing to see somone behaving with integrity, particularly in this day and age.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.