Pick 18 Jade Gresham

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pick 18 Jade Gresham

Linton Lodger wrote:Number 1 without a doubt.

Sure, Carlton did the right thing in taking Weitering and Brisbane did the right thing taking Schace, as you need to lock in good key forwards & defenders when building a list. However Gresham, at this stage was the best player in the draft by a mile. If you had the No.1 pick and already had sufficient KPPs on your list, you take him in a heartbeat.

I haven't seen such a good young midfielder at the Club in my entire time following the Saints (since 1975), yes I saw Harvey's 1st season and yes he's better. Supporters older than I may rate Ian Stewart higher, I cannot make the comparison. I'd be interested to hear what they think.

I'll say it again, don't worry about Bontempelli & Petracca, this kid is the sh*t. Well done to our recruiters, one day the teams that had the 17 picks before us, will rue the day.
I watched Stewart play in my much younger days and he was special- but Gresh is also special and if anything moves more like a smaller version of Baldock, which can't be too bad.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:Number 1 without a doubt.

Sure, Carlton did the right thing in taking Weitering and Brisbane did the right thing taking Schace, as you need to lock in good key forwards & defenders when building a list. However Gresham, at this stage was the best player in the draft by a mile. If you had the No.1 pick and already had sufficient KPPs on your list, you take him in a heartbeat.

I haven't seen such a good young midfielder at the Club in my entire time following the Saints (since 1975), yes I saw Harvey's 1st season and yes he's better. Supporters older than I may rate Ian Stewart higher, I cannot make the comparison. I'd be interested to hear what they think.

I'll say it again, don't worry about Bontempelli & Petracca, this kid is the sh*t. Well done to our recruiters, one day the teams that had the 17 picks before us, will rue the day.
I watched Stewart play in my much younger days and he was special- but Gresh is also special and if anything moves more like a smaller version of Baldock, which can't be too bad.
I wasn't going to dare to compare him to The Doc, but if he's reminding you of Baldock then we do indeed have something special.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

ctqs wrote:I love the fact he has a sidestep/baulk that creates space and if they do catch him, he either bounces off or breaks free.
His side step makes Lenny's side step look clumsy!

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I hope he keeps it up but we were saying the same thing about Lonie last year and look where he's at now.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ryan Burton at pick 19 might end up the best of the lot. Early doors.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Linton Lodger wrote:I haven't seen such a good young midfielder at the Club in my entire time following the Saints (since 1975), yes I saw Harvey's 1st season and yes he's better. Supporters older than I may rate Ian Stewart higher, I cannot make the comparison. I'd be interested to hear what they think.
Graeme Gellie was a star in his first year and won the B&F. (He was 23 so was older than Gresh.)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Will Billings be as good as The Gresh?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
damienc
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Will Billings be as good as The Gresh?

Yes.