Whisper going around about the Umps Friday.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Whisper going around about the Umps Friday.

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
cwrcyn wrote:I'll start worrying about umpires again when we are a top 8 team. Until then, the umpiring is mostly irrelevant even when we're copping the rough end of it..
We will never get to be one again if we cop the umpiring we copped in the GWS and Filth matches.

Umpires cost us the game against GWS, not a doubt in the world. Appalling.

Pies were probably a 6-8 goal better team than us, but got about an extra 5 goals with the help of the spiteful little egotists.
Imagine if Dimwit was in charge still. If a journo questioned him about a dodgy umpiring decision it would get the swarmy, edited due to fun police condescending grin.

Let's just hope Gilligan has more class
Last edited by saintspremiers on Tue 21 Apr 2015 6:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
cwrcyn wrote:I'll start worrying about umpires again when we are a top 8 team. Until then, the umpiring is mostly irrelevant even when we're copping the rough end of it..
We will never get to be one again if we cop the umpiring we copped in the GWS and Filth matches.

Pies were probably a 6-8 goal better team than us, but got about an extra 5 goals with the help of the spiteful little egotists.
Imagine if Dimwit was in charge still. If a journo questioned him about a dodgy umpiring decision it would get the swarmy, fun police condescending grin.

Why do you continue to say fun police when talking about AD. Its clearly racist because you never use it about anyone else. And how did you even bother to come up with his name when we are talking about a game this year?
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 21 Apr 2015 6:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Imagine if Dimwit was in charge still. If a journo questioned him about a dodgy umpiring decision it would get the swarmy, edited due to fun police condescending grin.

Why do you continue to say greasy when talking about AD. Its clearly racist because you never use it about anyone else. And how did you even bother to come up with his name when we are talking about a game this year?
It's an expression it's not racist you clown
Last edited by saintspremiers on Tue 21 Apr 2015 6:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Imagine if Dimwit was in charge still. If a journo questioned him about a dodgy umpiring decision it would get the swarmy, fun police condescending grin.

Why do you continue to say fun police when talking about AD. Its clearly racist because you never use it about anyone else. And how did you even bother to come up with his name when we are talking about a game this year?
It's an expression it's not racist you clown

How come you only have used it on him when there are many other people you knock? There is no doubt it is racist IMO. And I agree its a well known expression. heard it many times at school when I was younger. It went something like this. Piss off you fun police wog.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 21 Apr 2015 6:40pm, edited 2 times in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ok you lot of clowns win. I know the mods are soft and will wilt and give me a warning

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Ok you lot of clowns win. I know the mods are soft and will wilt and give me a warning

I don't want you to get a warning and I don't think you should. I want you to understand that IMO its racist. Im sure many others don't think it is. I just remember those days at school and it wasn't nice for those guys just like it wasn't nice that I was called a 4B even though im a mick. Im sure you were called many names as a kid being Jewish and I bet you didn't like a lot of them.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 21 Apr 2015 6:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Ok you lot of clowns win. I know the mods are soft and will wilt and give me a warning

I don't want you to get a warning. I don't want anyone too. I want you to understand that IMO its racist. Im sure many others don't think it is. I just remember those days at school and it wasn't nice for those guys just like it wasn't nice that I was called a 4B even though im a mick.
What's a 4B? As in 4B2??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I don't want you to get a warning. I don't want anyone too. I want you to understand that IMO its racist. Im sure many others don't think it is. I just remember those days at school and it wasn't nice for those guys just like it wasn't nice that I was called a 4B even though im a mick.
What's a 4B? As in 4B2??

Yes. It was always said in racist tones and yes I know its rhyming slang but it always sounded ordinary.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What's a 4B? As in 4B2??
Wasn't it a grade of lead in a pencil?

If you were a female that had a bad acne problem, all the vicious girls used to refer to the poor pimply faced girls as greasies........nothing racist there!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What's a 4B? As in 4B2??
Wasn't it a grade of lead in a pencil?

If you were a female that had a bad acne problem, all the vicious girls used to refer to the poor pimply faced girls as greasies........nothing racist there!

No there isn't. What about if you are Italian or Greek and the same was said?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Devilhead wrote: - so where's the consistency??
are you stoopid or sumthin
the consistency is against StKilda

Seeya
loris
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
sunsaint.....you read like a cockney :P Oooooophs that could be interpreted as racist :?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

loris wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
sunsaint.....you read like a cockney :P Oooooophs that could be interpreted as racist :?
stoopid is as stoopid does
nah American

Seeya
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

At the end of the day there is absolutely nothing to be gained from complaining about umpiring decisions. really; NOTHING! Move on and prepare for the NEXT game, rather than waste energy on this.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
loris
Saintsational Legend

Leave the umpires alone, the are not against the Saints - they are only helping us get another No 1 draft pick for next season!

Freebird
Club Player

spert wrote:I thought we got a very good go from the umps in the GC match, so we shouldn't complain too much.
We got an even go against the goldcoast...does happen sometimes. Depends on the combination of umps and who they like...50/50s should be evenly spread not one way most of the time when it comes to us

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe this thread went for three pages already.

I'm also struggling to understand how "fun police" is racist.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Sometimes have to read General Forum to get a good laugh.
This thread saved me from having to do so today!
Now if only Citywest would make an appearance...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I can't believe this thread went for three pages already.

It was at my school.

Playon
Club Player

Put simply.. Its not..

Urban dictionary
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... fun+police

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:

Put simply.. Its not..

Urban dictionary
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... fun+police

This is getting funnier by the second. I must agree fun police isn't racist. I am wrong and I am sorry to SP. Luckily I don't take myself to seriously though.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Sometimes have to read General Forum to get a good laugh.
This thread saved me from having to do so today!
Now if only Citywest would make an appearance...
This thread is what SS is all about.

It's a reality forum - like a reality TV show where everyone talks about themselves and is better than everyone else.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:I was at the match, the Maggies deserved to win. But the umpiring was terrible. We should win every 2nd game in umpiring.
Why should we win every second game? If free kicks were completely random then that's about right. But they're not random. If you're a worse team and you're second to the ball a lot and make a lot of mistakes then you're going to get fewer free kicks.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I've always wondered if clubs, and especially ours, take a professional approach to umps. Do they break down the sort of words and behaviours that would aggravate umps and get them off side and teach players self-control rather than leave them do whatever in the heat of the moment? Anyone who has played sport knows when you are busting your hump and you feel you get a s*** decision, right at that moment it feels like the most unjust, cruel thing in the universe ever and its so easy to explode and say stupid crap. But regular training could help teach players self-control and strategic behaviours to not piss off the little green men. Its just one more element to try and swing in our favour with a professional approach.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:
loris wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
stoopid is as stoopid does
nah American

What American Indian???

As far as racism goes. Calling a Greek or Italian greasy was considered racist when I was a kid. As in greasy wog.

Never heard fun police referred to as racist.

My mother was catholic even though I wasn't christened catholic, however, in those far flung day, sectarian insults such as tyke and left footer certainly abounded.

There was two Polish women who lived next door to us when I was a kid in the 60's. They were Jewish refugees from the holocaust. The older women was mentally ill, and her daughter looked after her. God knows what they went through to get to relative safety of an old weatherboard in Bankstown Sydney. Did that stop the local kids parading up and down singing "Get a bit of pork, put it on a fork, give it to the Jew next door".

I often think of those old Jewish women, their tragic lives and the ignorance of the indulged, safe, well, feed, and free Australian kids.

Anyway, the umpires are still hopeless.

You are garbage - Enough said