Rucking issues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rucking issues

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No they aren't but they are an issue in the long run.
If that's the case ...... in the long run ....... then every position is an issue ..... especially mids and forwards

Rucks are probably the least of our issues going forward

Maybe we just don't have certain topics this year then. Can you send me a list of topics so that I can start another thread.
You can start a thread on any topic you like whenever you like and if I can be bothered I might respond with an opinion that might or might not be to your liking whenever I like - is that ok with you?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No they aren't but they are an issue in the long run.
If that's the case ...... in the long run ....... then every position is an issue ..... especially mids and forwards

Rucks are probably the least of our issues going forward

Maybe we just don't have certain topics this year then. Can you send me a list of topics so that I can start another thread.
You can start a thread on any topic you like whenever you like and if I can be bothered I might respond with an opinion that might or might not be to your liking whenever I like - is that ok with you?

Thanks for your permission. Im glad you gave it because it was going to be a pain if I had to PM you first. I don't care what you do so no need to ask.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote: You can start a thread on any topic you like whenever you like and if I can be bothered I might respond with an opinion that might or might not be to your liking whenever I like - is that ok with you?

Thanks for your permission. Im glad you gave it because it was going to be a pain if I had to PM you first. I don't care what you do so no need to ask.
and to think I was sweating bullets because I thought you did :evil:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-03-0 ... he-big-men
Pierce: “I think my goal for the year is to start forward and come into the ruck after, so I’ve been focusing on the forward side of my game a lot at the moment,” he said. “I like to think I’m pretty good below my knees. I’m pretty agile.”

“Marking is a big one, leading patterns is pretty important, but strength in the contest is probably crucial for me because I’m often the option down the line or playing as the deeper target. So being able to hold my position, to hold out the space and step two or three metres to be able to take the ball strongly with that pressure
Looks like they are grooming Pierce to be a forward who would do the relief rucking. If he can cut the mustard as a big forward that would let us use our early pick on a quality mid.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Bluthy wrote:http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-03-0 ... he-big-men
Pierce: “I think my goal for the year is to start forward and come into the ruck after, so I’ve been focusing on the forward side of my game a lot at the moment,” he said. “I like to think I’m pretty good below my knees. I’m pretty agile.”

“Marking is a big one, leading patterns is pretty important, but strength in the contest is probably crucial for me because I’m often the option down the line or playing as the deeper target. So being able to hold my position, to hold out the space and step two or three metres to be able to take the ball strongly with that pressure
Looks like they are grooming Pierce to be a forward who would do the relief rucking. If he can cut the mustard as a big forward that would let us use our early pick on a quality mid.
I would hope that's what we do with an early pick regardless of anyones form.
And a mid with our second pick as well.
Preferably both with skills and pace.

As for the ruck, the big wild card is Holmes.
If he can start taking marks or kicking a goal a game he would likely be promoted.

There's nothing wrong with competition for spots, let's hope one turns out to be an A grader.

bergsone
SS Life Member

One bonus is that no one of the 4 we have to pick from haven't done a hammy yet