VFL Rd 19 Sandringham Vs Werribee- ABC tv

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: VFL Rd 19 Sandringham Vs Werribee- ABC tv

remboy wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Where's all the love and demands for Spencer White to play gone?
He kicked a goal. We could have done with that today.
He played like he has all year, very inconsistent. Spencer may be a very good player in a couple of years. He's nowhere near there yet!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... D=31055227
Zebras’ finals bound

Sandringham has booked a berth in the VFL Legendairy Finals Series with a 20-point win over Werribee Tigers.

After trailing by nine points at half time, the Zebras kicked six goals to one in the third term to set up their win. Leading by 18 pointa at three quarter time, the Zebras kicked the first three goals of the final term to quickly race to a 37 point match winning lead. Despite a late run of three unanswered goals to the home side, Sandringham were able to shut the game down for an important win.

Trent Dennis Lane kicked four goals for the Zebras, along with Matt Kreymberg with three. Darren Minchington was strong in the midfield for the Zebras to be in their best, along with Adam Cockie and Dennis Lane.

For Werribee, Ben Warren remains in second spot on the VFL goal kicking ladder with three goals, with Dan Currie, Addam Maric and Sam Martyn among the Tigers’ best.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Werribee Tigers 2.1-13 7.3-45 8.6-54 12.9-81
Sandringham 3.3-21 5.6-36 11.7-73 15.11-101

WERRIBEE TIGERS
Goal Kickers: B. Warren 3, D. Currie 2, M. Wood 2, T. McGenniss 2, L. Dale , B. Speight , J. Harper
Best Players: , D. Currie , A. Maric , S. Martyn , J. MacMillan , J. Wilson , J. Harper

SANDRINGHAM
Goal Kickers: T. Dennis-Lane 4, M. Kreymborg 3, L. Pierce 2, D. Minchington 2, B. Murdoch , J. Holmes , T. Simpkin , S. White
Best Players: , D. Minchington , A. Cockie , T. Dennis-Lane , B. Murdoch , K. Ong , T. Simpkin

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I dont know who kreymborg is but he sounds like he was produced a russian lab from an arthur c clarke novel!
futuristic :-)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/spor ... 7027043842

VFL‏@VFLnews·
Rd 19 @vflabc ratings for @WerribeeFC v @sandyzebs “@MediaweekAUS: Sat TV state footy #VFL 28k #WAFL 11k ABC” #PJVFL

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Where's all the love and demands for Spencer White to play gone?

Im glad he struggled because it obviously makes you feel better. Anyone else you are happy to see fail so you can get a tick?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Where were Tezza and Blake Acres?

Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Im glad he struggled because it obviously makes you feel better. Anyone else you are happy to see fail so you can get a tick?
You're the only one who said he failed. He's not ready at the moment and hopefully with a full preseason will be ready to go next year.
You feeling better now Mr Knowall?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You're the only one who said he failed. He's not ready at the moment and hopefully with a full preseason will be ready to go next year.
You feeling better now Mr Knowall?

Thats a strange repsonse especially after your first comment. Expected though.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint6709 wrote:Billy looks like a plodder to me - he is young and raw and will get bigger and stronger - but he won't become more agile
Was billy the only compo we got for dal.........if so I want dal back
Separate deal. We got pick 25 and Delaney for Dal Santo and pick 77. We then gave 25 and 41 to Brisbane for Longer and 48. Then used 48 to get Bruce.

To sum it up we gave up Dal, pick 41 and 77 for Delaney, Bruce and Longer.
We was robbed then..... even if what you say is correct..

pretty rosie spin on things i would suggest.....

north traded delaney to us for a fifth round pick which we didn't use ....because we decided not to exercise our right to keep dal...meaning he was a rfa.....north got him for nix....as compo the afl gave us pick 25 which we traded to the lions for longer plus our third round pick ...41.....to me we paid overs......brisbane gave us longer and pick 48 which we traded to gws for bruce.....neither north or gws used the picks we traded to them...meaning we could have got both for much later picks if we had them....

brissie used our pick 25 to draft daniel mcstay and pick 41 ended up with geelong for trent west and the cats used the pick on jack kolodjashnij....guess that the lions did the better of that trade...for the moment anyway...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saint6709 wrote:Billy looks like a plodder to me - he is young and raw and will get bigger and stronger - but he won't become more agile
Yep, another 30 YO is just what we need…

Con asked me to give you this

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I dont know who kreymborg is but he sounds like he was produced a russian lab from an arthur c clarke novel!
futuristic :-)
Lucy. She's very smart and knows more than this whole forum.

In fact, she just read all the posts ever written whilst I've been writing this.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
remboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
Separate deal. We got pick 25 and Delaney for Dal Santo and pick 77. We then gave 25 and 41 to Brisbane for Longer and 48. Then used 48 to get Bruce.

To sum it up we gave up Dal, pick 41 and 77 for Delaney, Bruce and Longer.
We was robbed then..... even if what you say is correct..

pretty rosie spin on things i would suggest.....

north traded delaney to us for a fifth round pick which we didn't use ....because we decided not to exercise our right to keep dal...meaning he was a rfa.....north got him for nix....as compo the afl gave us pick 25 which we traded to the lions for longer plus our third round pick ...41.....to me we paid overs......brisbane gave us longer and pick 48 which we traded to gws for bruce.....neither north or gws used the picks we traded to them...meaning we could have got both for much later picks if we had them....

brissie used our pick 25 to draft daniel mcstay and pick 41 ended up with geelong for trent west and the cats used the pick on jack kolodjashnij....guess that the lions did the better of that trade...for the moment anyway...
You may be right Stinger. But then I'm probably an optimistic sort of guy. If you look at all of last years trading in terms of what we got for this year we probably are worse off. But I feel all of our deals were done with an eye to the future.
Pelchan said all along we only wanted to use three picks so all of the picks we gave away had no value to us.
We desperately needed a key defender and Delaney has been a good pick up. I admit I have no inside info but my gut feel is that North wouldn't have let him go for pick 77 if we hadn't released Dal as a free agent.
We possibly could have offered North and Brisbane lower picks but 1) that might not have got the deal done and 2) we weren't going to use those picks anyway.
And even if that is wrong I still feel that if we'd kept Dal we would have been without a full back and a ruckman, who became necessary once McEvoy left. And he'd retire in three years or so and we'd get nothing for him.
Maybe it is a rosie way of looking at it but given the deal is done and we have no control over it I'd rather think of it that way.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-1 ... n-round-19
Jason Holmes
Holmesy kicked his first official VFL goal after booting one earlier in the season in a practise match. The boys were pumped for him and Jason was excited too! He practised his routine before the game, which he doesn’t normally do, and then he got an opportunity on a reasonably tight angle and slotted it. Once again, his ruck work was very good on the weekend as well.

Lewis Pierce
Lewis really cracked in when the ball hit the ground and had a good game. He also took some strong marks and it was probably the best game Holmesy and Lewis have played in tandem.

Jarryn Geary
Gears only made it through half a game and then hurt his calf. He may have been a touch rusty although he did have eight touches in the first quarter, so Jarryn was on track for a pretty good game but then just tweaked his calf.

Spencer White
Spencer had a quiet game. He kicked one goal and that was late in the match. Things just didn’t go his way.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
avid
Club Player

I watched the replay in the middle of the night last night, and I thought Tom Simpkin was clearly pour best.
Minchington had such a strong last quarter that he probably out-shone Simpkin's overall game in many people's eyes.
Minch was our second best I thought, TDL our third, and then Cockie was probably ahead of any other Saints.
Murdoch had a blinder in the 2nd 1/4. Overall it was a very hard and fast and high-standard game.

Watching it I cannot believe we're about to delist Minchington.
He ran the game out brilliantly, playing midfield in a buffeting game, and delivered long, powerful, accurate ball to the forwardline consistently.
He looks like he's still learning the game, and seeing what he's actually capable of. I can't believe he is not an exciting prospect for our future.

Simpkin maybe has less improvement in him. But Gee he's useful. Just love his attack on the ball, and on the ball carrier.

TDL came across as an excellent, likeable character in the interview at the end. Probably won't save him though
Last edited by avid on Fri 22 Aug 2014 3:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Hard to tell from the game who is able to take the next step. TDL looks a class above VFL but has never looked making it at AFL level. Dunnell's the same. Not sure about Minchington. I still think he needs another chance to see if he's up to it.
I like Simpkin too. Tough as nails, sticks to his opponent. I still there's a spot for him given that Fisher is near the end.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.