Contract extension - Tom Lee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Contract extension - Tom Lee

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i love it how everyone is so flippant about what would be sufficent contract length of a player ... remember we are bottom of the ladder team offering contracts that are going to be insulting to players is only going to have a mass exodus from the club ... remember this is a job for the players so i would say a two year job security was the key factor in Lee staying ifwe offered him a 1 year contract he could prob get better security playing WAFL ... you gotta remember players are people too and the club neds them just as much as they need the club

Come on St trav. His dream is obviously AFL footy and he is probably on 150K next season. If he went to the WAFL he probably get 30K. As if he is going to stuff you Saints, you only gave me one year so im not taking it. At the moment sandy are the only ones needing Lee and even then he has mostly struggled.
As we've stated over and over, we aren't going to take any free agents in the next 2 years… so you'd think in 2016 Lee, Stanley & White will be our only key forwards ready for AFL footy.

He's kicked goals & the club obviously rate him… not sure why the angst about 2 years.

Carlton were apparently keen when we drafted him. Maybe clubs are better at seeing long term potential than some fans. Gunston was lured out of adelaide when not many rated him. A crows supporter mate thought that the Hawks had been ripped off picking him up. Tom Lee has kicked about 17 goals in 10 senior games or so. If Siposs had done that we would have been drooling. Some people have run a hate campaign against him with nothing but a feeling he won't make it. The club obviously do so you will have to wait to find out. Big Mart gets caned for writing off players with less than a handful of games but his critics have their own victims in the team. Seems we need whipping boys.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i love it how everyone is so flippant about what would be sufficent contract length of a player ... remember we are bottom of the ladder team offering contracts that are going to be insulting to players is only going to have a mass exodus from the club ... remember this is a job for the players so i would say a two year job security was the key factor in Lee staying ifwe offered him a 1 year contract he could prob get better security playing WAFL ... you gotta remember players are people too and the club neds them just as much as they need the club

Come on St trav. His dream is obviously AFL footy and he is probably on 150K next season. If he went to the WAFL he probably get 30K. As if he is going to stuff you Saints, you only gave me one year so im not taking it. At the moment sandy are the only ones needing Lee and even then he has mostly struggled.
As we've stated over and over, we aren't going to take any free agents in the next 2 years… so you'd think in 2016 Lee, Stanley & White will be our only key forwards ready for AFL footy.

He's kicked goals & the club obviously rate him… not sure why the angst about 2 years.

Carlton were apparently keen when we drafted him. Maybe clubs are better at seeing long term potential than some fans. Gunston was lured out of adelaide when not many rated him. A crows supporter mate thought that the Hawks had been ripped off picking him up. Tom Lee has kicked about 17 goals in 10 senior games or so. If Siposs had done that we would have been drooling. Some people have run a hate campaign against him with nothing but a feeling he won't make it. The club obviously do so you will have to wait to find out. Big Mart gets caned for writing off players with less than a handful of games but his critics have their own victims in the team. Seems we need whipping boys.

Gringo why did you quote for for that piece you just wrote? It certainly again has nothing to do with what I wrote so please dont continue to do this.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Gringo why did you quote for for that piece you just wrote? It certainly again has nothing to do with what I wrote so please dont continue to do this.
Why not. I'm the anti Big Mart...I quote even when the topic is irrelevant. I will continue to quote completely random pieces and comment on them when ever I feel like it because I'm an outsider, a keyboard renegade. I have a complete disregard for formulated responses and societies structures. In fact I'm prepared to go rogue and start quoting from outside the appropriate thread even if I'm pushed too far. Just watch out or I might jump over to a knitting forum and post something on the benefits of Tom Lee's high-legged kicking technique. Just try me man....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ok then.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: Why not. I'm the anti Big Mart...I quote even when the topic is irrelevant. I will continue to quote completely random pieces and comment on them when ever I feel like it because I'm an outsider, a keyboard renegade. I have a complete disregard for formulated responses and societies structures. In fact I'm prepared to go rogue and start quoting from outside the appropriate thread even if I'm pushed too far. Just watch out or I might jump over to a knitting forum and post something on the benefits of Tom Lee's high-legged kicking technique. Just try me man....
It's raining here… but I'm all like… yeah I'll eat apple crumble for dinner, thats just what dragit does sometimes.

Ja?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
gringo wrote: Why not. I'm the anti Big Mart...I quote even when the topic is irrelevant. I will continue to quote completely random pieces and comment on them when ever I feel like it because I'm an outsider, a keyboard renegade. I have a complete disregard for formulated responses and societies structures. In fact I'm prepared to go rogue and start quoting from outside the appropriate thread even if I'm pushed too far. Just watch out or I might jump over to a knitting forum and post something on the benefits of Tom Lee's high-legged kicking technique. Just try me man....
It's raining here… but I'm all like… yeah I'll eat apple crumble for dinner, thats just what dragit does sometimes.

Ja?

I think I just heard some kind of sonic vision from your monkey jesus avatar. I'm hungry for crumble all of a sudden anyway.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:

Ja?

I think I just heard some kind of sonic vision from your monkey jesus avatar. I'm hungry for crumble all of a sudden anyway.
Nothing kills a thread faster than a dada manifesto.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:

Ja?
My kind of people! :D

(And do I detect a bit of channeling of the late great Ric from 'The Young Ones'? 8-) )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Just wrote a poem expressing my joy at Tom Lee's 2 year extension… enjoy.

Thomas Lee, eighteen goals, eleven behinds.
Though it's now more pointy and less sparkly.
Why did the breeze radiate it, to give the heat?
Snap! We ate the talon and the majesty, why not radiate?
They never envision the dinosaurs nor the dinosaurs, with blood.
Sometimes clever and always yellow.
Eyes shimmer and before them voracity flys!
Sometimes pointy and always blue.
What is the wild heat to cunningly ravage the skyline?
Sun and night, whoa, alas! days like the death.
Thomas Lee

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Just wrote a poem expressing my joy at Tom Lee's 2 year extension… enjoy.

Thomas Lee
Whoa. I'll have what he's having ...

Always loyal
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dragstar, I called it correctly... you are the People's Poet.

No..., actually you are the Peoples' Poet. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Dragstar, I called it correctly... you are the People's Poet.

No..., actually you are the Peoples' Poet. :D
I reckon the super moon got to him.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We have a plethora of whipping boys.

This extension is like democracy - it's the worst system in the world apart from all the rest.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Just wrote a poem expressing my joy at Tom Lee's 2 year extension… enjoy.

Thomas Lee
You should be busking that outside Etihad ... snapping fingers and a beret and there's a quick hundrednfiddy to spend on a half glass of warm beer. I'd pay for that.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

So whats this contract worth?

I mean, how much is he paying us to keep him on the list?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Tom Lee will make many on here look stupid!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
suss
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Tom Lee will make many on here look stupid!
No he won't.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Hope it's performance based.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Which many?

The ones who rate him, or those who don't?

What if like Raph, his body doesn't hold up to afl?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Many on here don't need the help.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Have many knocked him on this thread. Isnt this about whether he should gat a 2 year contract. Even if he becomes Tony Lockett, which I hope he does, how does that make people who think one year is enough or 2 years isnt enough look stupid?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:hundrednfiddy
there's my rap name…

hundrednfiddy-cent - specializing in demented footy poetry… available for weddings, funerals, hens parties & more.

Thomas Lee
Good things come in three
Alas two years it will have to be
Thomas Lee

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
gringo wrote:hundrednfiddy
there's my rap name…

hundrednfiddy-cent - specializing in demented footy poetry… available for weddings, funerals, hens parties & more.

Thomas Lee
Good things come in three
Alas two years it will have to be
Thomas Lee
Thomas Lee for sure
Should have given him four
And made P66 squeal even more
Thomas Lee hardcore

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I'm hoping we get Petracca so we can do some badass poetry. It rhymes with all the important stuff like maraca...and um maybe knacker ...lacquer..and oh well.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Where's Big Mart!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!