CityWest IS a Saint

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: CityWest IS a Saint

citywest wrote:I'll be the first to admit I have made some dumb posts over the years. I think most of us have. I'm not making excuses but perhaps over 10 years of bullying may have something to do with it. I used to post on SAINTMANIA which was probably the forerunner to SAINTSATIONAL and don't ever recall being smashed because I had a left field opinion.
Actually Citywest you are to be congratulated as you have been the imputes for clarification on the difference in meaning between "baiting" and "out of the box" or "left field" thinking.

I look forward to your application of "left field" thinking in the future. :wink:

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
Rules currently are:

3 warnings in 1 week (based on time of the post NOT moderation) = ban

So yes can have 2 warnings and as long as there is 7 days and 1 minute from first post to 3rd post that receives a warning, a ban is avoided ... the first warning expires and holds no future consequence.

Exact same system as driving demerit points - just a different timeline.
So my profile shows 1 warning. It goes back to 12 December 2013 (ie almost 5 months ago)

Does it ever go away?
Maybe you just get carry over points, they could reduce by percentages for each year of good behaviour :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
james rose
Club Player

Was it a Nexus nickname that bumped years old posts with irrelevant information one year and thereby moved all the good threads of the main page or am I confusing someone else?

ps I found this cool image. I wish our club came up with one like this. What do you think CityWest?

<warning for baiting>

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:Was it a Nexus nickname that bumped years old posts with irrelevant information one year and thereby moved all the good threads of the main page or am I confusing someone else?

ps I found this cool image. I wish our club came up with one like this. What do you think CityWest?
According to the new rules you could've committed murder pre July 2013 and all is good in SS.

Be careful posting any reference to Essendope on a citywest thread as it will probably lead to a warning.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

it's a long time to pretend ur a Saints supprter... if he was a troll... I'd say congratulations for your commitment to the part

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
james rose wrote:Was it a Nexus nickname that bumped years old posts with irrelevant information one year and thereby moved all the good threads of the main page or am I confusing someone else?

According to the new rules you could've committed murder pre July 2013 and all is good in SS.

Be careful posting any reference to Essendope on a citywest thread as it will probably lead to a warning.
I don't think James Rose will attract a warning for his post as he is just exercising his right to think "out of the box" or "left field".

We will have to wait for the official ruling.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:it's a long time to pretend ur a Saints supprter... if he was a troll... I'd say congratulations for your commitment to the part

Agree. Amazing effort if he was a troll.

I can imagine the eulogy

"Citywest was a great family man who climbed everest, sailed around the world etc etc but I think we can all say his greatest achievement was pretending to be a Saints supporter for two decades."

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Who knows citywest's true motives. He may have made some poor comments cos he is very young. He may have a disability. He may just have very different opinions to the majority. Time to give him a break IMO.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
skeptic wrote:it's a long time to pretend ur a Saints supprter... if he was a troll... I'd say congratulations for your commitment to the part

Agree. Amazing effort if he was a troll.

I can imagine the eulogy

"Citywest was a great family man who climbed everest, sailed around the world etc etc but I think we can all say his greatest achievement was pretending to be a Saints supporter for two decades."
Agree, it would be a phenomenal effort, however you don't have to support another team to troll a football forum, plenty of mad saints are guilty of trolling on here.

This persons motives have clearly been mischievous & trouble-making at best.

evo
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Who knows citywest's true motives. He may have made some poor comments cos he is very young. He may have a disability. He may just have very different opinions to the majority. Time to give him a break IMO.
I agree, just because some on here do not like some of his provocative comments, does not make him a troll..

james rose
Club Player

<warning for baiting>
Yay for warnings.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

The rules in July 2013 were only modified slightly to clarify some rules and relax the rule re 3 warnings in a MONTH = a ban.

The difference now is that the rules are being applied by a moderator who moderates the post NOT the poster, doing so without fear or favour and most importantly will not be bullied into retreat.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
james rose
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

The rules in July 2013 were only modified slightly to clarify some rules and relax the rule re 3 warnings in a MONTH = a ban.

The difference now is that the rules are being applied by a moderator who moderates the post NOT the poster, doing so without fear or favour and most importantly will not be bullied into retreat.
Surely a thread where the original poster made reference to his old alias shortly after this thread is classed as baiting. Or does a phone call = some favour?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

I don't think James Rose will attract a warning for his post as he is just exercising his right to think "out of the box" or "left field".

We will have to wait for the official ruling.
No. It was a clear bait. Simple.

Wasn't "out of the box thinking" or "left field" thinking about the St. kilda Football Club at all. It was directed at a poster.

Clearly you are unable to differentiate intellectually so I shall just keep explaining it.

Of course if you insist on repeatedly refusing to comprehend such a simple difference ... I might start to assume that you are just baiting me.

I am sure (for now) that isn't your intention.

:-)

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:...
- I am not exonerating him from poor posts of the past
- I am saying (as with everyone) he will be moderated on his future posts
- I am saying he has been portrayed falsely as an Essendon supporter and I have established this as false
- I am saying that those that continue to taunt him as an Essendon supporter will receive a warning for baiting
All of which is both logical and fair. But I fear you will forever have to justify it to those who are neither and who only see the world in terms of their own views which almost always includes conspiracy theories. The same people seem to have unlimited time to prosecute their views in the hope that persistence will some how exhaust more reasonable proponents. I admire your patience.
Is this baiting?
How is this baiting? Who did the poster mention? Are you assuming that he refers to you? Did you somehow recognise the methodology as a tactic you employ? I hadn't connected the dots on that one. Wow. Maybe he is refering to you? Intersting.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:
Yay for warnings.

:D :D

That kid always makes me laugh

james rose
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
[

How is this baiting? Who did the poster mention? Are you assuming that he refers to you? Did you somehow recognise the methodology as a tactic you employ? I hadn't connected the dots on that one. Wow. Maybe he is refering to you? Intersting.

Has anyone (no poster in particular) seen a St Kilda character made up like this? I like it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

The problem with just one mod is that it's your opinion and your opinion only.

I was informed a while back by a previous mod that another mod at the time wanted me permanently banned for some indiscretions (can't recall what. Was years ago), but this particular mod went into bat for me and believed I wasn't worthy of a permanent ban (I hadn't received many warnings or any suspensions at time).

Just trying to point out the advantages of second and third opinions, that's all.

I think at times you go to far and are too perdantic, but until another mod comes along it's pretty much a dictatorship. Sorry if that offends - not my intention just reality at the present time.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

The problem with just one mod is that it's your opinion and your opinion only.

I was informed a while back by a previous mod that another mod at the time wanted me permanently banned for some indiscretions (can't recall what. Was years ago), but this particular mod went into bat for me and believed I wasn't worthy of a permanent ban (I hadn't received many warnings or any suspensions at time).

Just trying to point out the advantages of second and third opinions, that's all.

I think at times you go to far and are too perdantic, but until another mod comes along it's pretty much a dictatorship. Sorry if that offends - not my intention just reality at the present time.
There are already two mods.

We are trying to add 2 more.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Surely a thread where the original poster made reference to his old alias shortly after this thread is classed as baiting. Or does a phone call = some favour?
James Rose

I believe the thread you are referencing is the "Nexus Nick" thread bu citywest from 2013. This was NOT bumped onto the front page of the forum by CityWest ... It was bumped up by Con Gorozidis. Can't blame CityWest for that. Hardly him baiting you all as a result of the clarification of the rules as relates to baiting him as an essendon supporter.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
[

Has anyone (no poster in particular) seen a St Kilda character made up like this? I like it.

<warning for baiting me on my moderation ruling and also for baiting CityWest as the post has been placed in a discussion about NOT posting such images and accusations>

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

can this thread be locked ?

In red white and black from 73
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

It can but I would be accused of censorship! So allowing people to have their say. Should exist just not sure there is anything of real interest here other than the original post.

james rose
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:It can but I would be accused of censorship! So allowing people to have their say. Should exist just not sure there is anything of real interest here other than the original post.
I'd support locking it. Too tempting to be a smart ass in here lol.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

What does it matter who he/she barracks for?
Surely the only thing that matters is his/her posts.
If they transgress the rules then he/she gets a warning, just like any other poster.

There's a 'new Sheriff' in town and everybody's past transgressions were 'wiped clean'.
If CityWest I in fact a troll (as I believed it to be the case) then it won't take long for him/her to run foul of the mods and suffer the consequences.