Leave your apologies for Mark Fine - to be printed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Leave your apologies for Mark Fine - to be printed

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

What type of station is it? Bogans only?

No. Why would you ay that? because of the callers? Only certain types call in on any talback station. Anyway 30 minutes decides a station. Especially when there are many hosts. Sorry but id rather listen about sport all day than politics and other crap. If thats a bogan then im happy to be one. At least i dont judge others on what they listen to.
It was more the bogan broadcasters Ox and whoever, who were more interested in discussing after how many stubbies do you change to bourbon, and how do you deal with it next morning. And they were serious! Great sports discussion.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

What type of station is it? Bogans only?

No. Why would you ay that? because of the callers? Only certain types call in on any talback station. Anyway 30 minutes decides a station. Especially when there are many hosts. Sorry but id rather listen about sport all day than politics and other crap. If thats a bogan then im happy to be one. At least i dont judge others on what they listen to.
It was more the bogan broadcasters Ox and whoever, who were more interested in discussing after how many stubbies do you change to bourbon, and how do you deal with it next morning. And they were serious! Great sports discussion.

Dont listen to them much at all so i wouldnt know. The station goes for 24 hours and they are on for 3. Not sure that makes it for bogans only. Having said that im sure you are allowed to talk about other things but sport. Again I didnt know talking about drinking made you a bogan.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Listened to SEN for about half an hour today, that was all I could take.
What a complete and utter bunch of wankers, surely it doesn't pull any ratings?
Spot on, BS.

SEN is generally a moronic inferno. Not sure how it rates as well as it does either. The only time I'll tune in is if I'm having trouble sleeping and will occasionally listen to a former member of this forum who hosts the late night show.

Stephen J Peake used to be amusing at times as well.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I didn't listen to Mark Fine before this all blew up and I haven't listened to him since.

However given he has now been proven to have been "on the money" with Watters (and indeed Richardson), I wonder whether the oracle (meant in the nicest way :wink: ) is now content with things at Seaford. Are we on the right track or is he still calling for more changes?

Does anyone know?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:I didn't listen to Mark Fine before this all blew up and I haven't listened to him since.

However given he has now been proven to have been "on the money" with Watters (and indeed Richardson), I wonder whether the oracle (meant in the nicest way :wink: ) is now content with things at Seaford. Are we on the right track or is he still calling for more changes?

Does anyone know?
I'm not convinced he did the right thing. Reckless outbursts like that can be very damaging even if there is some truth to a mouth frothing rage. I wonder how the club feel about it, from what I heard they weren't too happy with Mr Fine and let SEN management know about it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:I didn't listen to Mark Fine before this all blew up and I haven't listened to him since.

Does anyone know?
I'm not convinced he did the right thing. Reckless outbursts like that can be very damaging even if there is some truth to a mouth frothing rage. I wonder how the club feel about it, from what I heard they weren't too happy with Mr Fine and let SEN management know about it.
I also think it was the wrong thing to do (as I mentioned earlier in this thread).

Just curious as to whether he (and his crew) are now happy or whether there's going to be more potentially damaging calls for change.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Does anyone know?
I also think it was the wrong thing to do (as I mentioned earlier in this thread).

Just curious as to whether he (and his crew) are now happy or whether there's going to be more potentially damaging calls for change.
Can we send him a text or email during his show asking that question....maybe signed friends of Saintsational. Could work.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Well like I was saying, I didn't listen to Mark Fine before this all blew up and I haven't listened to him since.

Does anyone know?