Technically does nds get booed like Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Technically does nds get booed like Goddard

I would love to see our club's fans have the class to honour those who have bled for the shirt - and don't disrepect it on their departure.

I'd be giving a rousing reception to Dal Santo. Once a Saint, always a Saint. Goddard showed that last year in his post-match interview.

We should show our club icons a bit of decency, especially when our own club makes the decision not to offer them contracts.

And anyone who boos McEvoy ought to be hit with a sledgehammer. Bloke said he wanted to be part of our rebuild; then we punted him. Same with Luke Ball. I'd love a mutually respectful applause where the player can briefly (pre-game) acknowledge the fans and vice-versa.

Every time Carlos Tevez plays at West Ham, he crosses his arms to fans (mimicking the West Ham logo) - it's absolutely class.

Save your boos for those who DO crap on the place when they leave: Peter Everitt and Barry Hall come to mind.

But I'm sure our bogan quadrant will get their jollies off slagging of our former champions next season, even though they gave us nothing but excellent service. Sad.

(Remember, it's a football club - CLUB - and they were a big part of it, and should ALWAYS be welcome to set foot in the door)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Will always boo Goddard. Much like Roger Clemens when he returned to Fenway Park in pinstripes.

Dal, on the hand, has departed on more amicable terms and hasn't gone to a club that is quite as scummy as Essendon. So no booing for Dal from me.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Winmar
Club Player

There will be some tools who boo him, but they should definitely be in the minority. I also support Everton, and when players leave the club they're often applauded when they return as opposition players. David Unsworth comes to mind as a fan favourite who was sold but still appreciated.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Goddard lost the resect of plenty when he waked for cash. Dal always wanted us to win from the deal and showed he respected the fans.

Austinnn
Club Player

Booing former players - no class.

But Booing a player that wanted to stay and gave so much - deserve nothing but misery.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Calais
Club Player

Referred to St.Kilda as 'We' in the press conference when talking about playing against North('they')

Will miss him. Tough too watch him in the blue and white but I understand why the club had to do it.

All class.