Just signed jason holmes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kickit
Club Player

Re: Just signed jason holmes

gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I reckon there'll be a few nervous players in the change rooms! :shock:

Maybe why Dal wanted out? "Big John" Holmes is comin' baby.
Haha he's already under pressure with Tommy Lee on the team.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Is there any real reason we are getting this guy apart from a feel good story?

Blicavs says hi.

Throw enough mud at the wall and some it will stick.

Low probability, but no cost = why not?

Sorry I didnt realise Blicavs was a 23 year old American. If it is no issue with cost then lets get 20 of them. If we are going to waste a coach teaching him he may as well teach a heap of them. Is there a limit? I notice the american guy playing at North this year didnt even get a run in the VFL first side.

Reckon there is a cost and Im unsure a side in our position can afford to do this but happy to be proven completely wrong.
Why "our position"?, but North can and should?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Is this the dude in the red? He's a Goliath!

cool he can kick the other ruckmen in the head ala Steven King

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote:

Blicavs says hi.

Throw enough mud at the wall and some it will stick.

Low probability, but no cost = why not?

Sorry I didnt realise Blicavs was a 23 year old American. If it is no issue with cost then lets get 20 of them. If we are going to waste a coach teaching him he may as well teach a heap of them. Is there a limit? I notice the american guy playing at North this year didnt even get a run in the VFL first side.

Reckon there is a cost and Im unsure a side in our position can afford to do this but happy to be proven completely wrong.
Why "our position"?, but North can and should?

North did and its proved nothing yet. may have helped out the seconds side at North Ballarat and I have no idea who said North should do it so how can I respond to that.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

This guy will be a great player and play 100 games for the club.

(Nothing to base that on, just thought I'd go early. Premature speculation.)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:This guy will be a great player and play 100 games for the club.

(Nothing to base that on, just thought I'd go early. Premature speculation.)
Go hard early and often!
How is our Kiwi scholarship kid coming along? Another champ!

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Does anyone know how it works with contract length, and pay rate?

(BTW Ameet Bains will be on trade radio soon, sometime after 4pm).

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:This would be him:

Very light on his feet.
That second one is definitely not him:
http://www.mlbb.gr/feed-items/germany-j ... wer-leader
Jason HolmesJason Holmes(191-G-86, college: Le Moyne) is a 25 year old 191cm guard from Mamaroneck, New York that is playing his first season for SG Schwelmer Baskets in the German PRO B.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
matrix wrote:Brogan
Premierships In basketball and afl.

Plenty make the transition as posted previously
But also a lot of the Australian kids would have had "some" exposure as kids.
For example Robert Harvey could easily have been described as a cricketer, but he'd have been a lot better footy player than Ian Botham.
( though Botham was good at that other game I call soccer ).

There are also a lot of Baketballers who DONT make the grade and for some reason I cant name them because no one has heard of them.

I'm very hopeful that this guy will work out well, but I'm not jumping up and down saying trade McEvoy now because look what we've got. ( I made the mistake of investing too much emotion into Tommy Walsh ).

becusase of free agency i think we should all stop investing in too much emotion over players. i also did over tommy Walsh won't be doing so over Jason Homes, whatever, it will be a 2 year good news story.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:Does anyone know how it works with contract length, and pay rate?

(BTW Ameet Bains will be on trade radio soon, sometime after 4pm).

contract lenght is 2 years

pay probably rookie rate of at least $50k or more decent wage for a rookie

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

even if it is only a fluffy feel good story Pluggs why do you feel the need to rain on the parade ? every man and his dog knows we are in for a period of hardship so lets just embrace the good news stories as they come (cause lord knows how many we are going to get) ... yeah the odds are this bloke wont ever play a game for us and will be a waste of time but for right now right this second it gives our members something to look forward to something to be excited about something to put our faith in ...
honestly at this time we need members to get excited (even if it is misguided) what we dont need is a person like you raining on the parade ... as i made mention before you are they type of guy who would stand near the mall Santas at christmas telling kids its all fake .. sure you ar technically right but why be an assclown about it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:even if it is only a fluffy feel good story Pluggs why do you feel the need to rain on the parade ? every man and his dog knows we are in for a period of hardship so lets just embrace the good news stories as they come (cause lord knows how many we are going to get) ... yeah the odds are this bloke wont ever play a game for us and will be a waste of time but for right now right this second it gives our members something to look forward to something to be excited about something to put our faith in ...
honestly at this time we need members to get excited (even if it is misguided) what we dont need is a person like you raining on the parade ... as i made mention before you are they type of guy who would stand near the mall Santas at christmas telling kids its all fake .. sure you ar technically right but why be an assclown about it

And as Ive told you before I am 180 degrees the other way. Unlike you I wont comment on your personality but if you are as happy as me and have as many mates as me and go out out and enjoy yourself as much as me then you must have a great life. I say what I feel. I think we should put all our energy into making the players we have more skilled. We dont have the money of most clubs so wasting it on a 23 year old american doesnt seem right. The funny thing is others accuse me of agreeing with what the club does far to often and when I say something like this you disagree. I suppose that will happen when you post 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:even if it is only a fluffy feel good story Pluggs why do you feel the need to rain on the parade ? every man and his dog knows we are in for a period of hardship so lets just embrace the good news stories as they come (cause lord knows how many we are going to get) ... yeah the odds are this bloke wont ever play a game for us and will be a waste of time but for right now right this second it gives our members something to look forward to something to be excited about something to put our faith in ...

And as Ive told you before I am 180 degrees the other way. Unlike you I wont comment on your personality but if you are as happy as me and have as many mates as me and go out out and enjoy yourself as much as me then you must have a great life. I say what I feel. I think we should put all our energy into making the players we have more skilled. We dont have the money of most clubs so wasting it on a 23 year old american doesnt seem right. The funny thing is others accuse me of agreeing with what the club does far to often and when I say something like this you disagree. I suppose that will happen when you post 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
comment all you want about me plugger ... you may say what you feel but sometimes its worth not saying anything at all ... my father always taught me that if you dont have anything constructive to say then say nothing , your online persona is of a "look at me look at me big noting flog" now you might be happy with that and for the most i just choose to ignore it when you start your "differing view" style posting but honestly enough is enough... you say what you feel well thats fine and dandy but what does it do to help the club bouth you and i (and i would say 99% of poster on here) love ? by all means be critical of the clubs mistakes (heck we make enough of them) but howbout maybe just once you let one slip past the keeper and lett the members be happy about something in a time where realistically faith is waivering

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

His brother Andre is a nobody wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders and has just completed a suspension for breach of the NFL performance enhancing drugs policy.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

comment all you want about me plugger ... you may say what you feel but sometimes its worth not saying anything at all ... my father always taught me that if you dont have anything constructive to say then say nothing , your online persona is of a "look at me look at me big noting flog" now you might be happy with that and for the most i just choose to ignore it when you start your "differing view" style posting but honestly enough is enough... you say what you feel well thats fine and dandy but what does it do to help the club bouth you and i (and i would say 99% of poster on here) love ? by all means be critical of the clubs mistakes (heck we make enough of them) but howbout maybe just once you let one slip past the keeper and lett the members be happy about something in a time where realistically faith is waivering

Put me on ignore. Its that simple. many have and im sure they are happy now. You seem very upset for a basic comment. Luckily Stinger will agree with you.

And I didnt comment on you because I dont know you .You commented on me and im sure we have never met.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I reckon there'll be a few nervous players in the change rooms! :shock:

Maybe why Dal wanted out? "Big John" Holmes is comin' baby.
Haha he's already under pressure with Tommy Lee on the team.
Tommy Lee and John Holmes :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:He's no tommy Walsh.
Best recruit to come out of Ireland since Walsh....

“Yeah….nah””
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
....but if you are as happy as me and have as many mates as me and go out out and enjoy yourself as much as me then you must have a great life. .
Plugger sounds awesome! Just a constant festival of mates and fun!

A cross between this guy and the Great Gatsby!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
....but if you are as happy as me and have as many mates as me and go out out and enjoy yourself as much as me then you must have a great life. .
Plugger sounds awesome! Just a constant festival of mates and fun!

A cross between this guy and the Great Gatsby!

Im not awesome just a normal bloke with normal mates. maybe that is different to a few on here because what I posted seems like a normal 50 year old separated male.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: comment all you want about me plugger ... you may say what you feel but sometimes its worth not saying anything at all ... my father always taught me that if you dont have anything constructive to say then say nothing , your online persona is of a "look at me look at me big noting flog" now you might be happy with that and for the most i just choose to ignore it when you start your "differing view" style posting but honestly enough is enough... you say what you feel well thats fine and dandy but what does it do to help the club bouth you and i (and i would say 99% of poster on here) love ? by all means be critical of the clubs mistakes (heck we make enough of them) but howbout maybe just once you let one slip past the keeper and lett the members be happy about something in a time where realistically faith is waivering

Put me on ignore. Its that simple. many have and im sure they are happy now. You seem very upset for a basic comment. Luckily Stinger will agree with you.

And I didnt comment on you because I dont know you .You commented on me and im sure we have never met.
you seem to wear that like a badge of honour that people put you on ignore ... im not going to put you on ignore and im not upset i just find it strange that a person who as you so eagerly told us all is a happy fun loving bloke with lots of friends would choose to be an assclown on an internet forum for what gain ?
if stinger agrees with me then good on Stinger , im not here to have everyone agree with me in fact the argument and debate is what makes SS but you seem to take that to the extreem .. a really positive thing about a new signing for the club and all you see is the negative and feel its you right to make sure anyone else seening it as a possitive knows you see it as a negative ... whats the point of it all ? as i said maybe just let one slip past the keeper every now and then and let people enjoy some good news with out your negativity

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: comment all you want about me plugger ... you may say what you feel but sometimes its worth not saying anything at all ... my father always taught me that if you dont have anything constructive to say then say nothing , your online persona is of a "look at me look at me big noting flog" now you might be happy with that and for the most i just choose to ignore it when you start your "differing view" style posting but honestly enough is enough... you say what you feel well thats fine and dandy but what does it do to help the club bouth you and i (and i would say 99% of poster on here) love ? by all means be critical of the clubs mistakes (heck we make enough of them) but howbout maybe just once you let one slip past the keeper and lett the members be happy about something in a time where realistically faith is waivering

you seem to wear that like a badge of honour that people put you on ignore ... im not going to put you on ignore and im not upset i just find it strange that a person who as you so eagerly told us all is a happy fun loving bloke with lots of friends would choose to be an assclown on an internet forum for what gain ?
if stinger agrees with me then good on Stinger , im not here to have everyone agree with me in fact the argument and debate is what makes SS but you seem to take that to the extreem .. a really positive thing about a new signing for the club and all you see is the negative and feel its you right to make sure anyone else seening it as a possitive knows you see it as a negative ... whats the point of it all ? as i said maybe just let one slip past the keeper every now and then and let people enjoy some good news with out your negativity

Yes just choose to ignore that 90% of my posts are backing the club as I have been accussed of many times. I suppose you are just like people who listen to the radio or read the paper and pick out the negative even though most things said are positive. I disgree with recruiting the guy and I said why and IMO the why makes sense. If people take notice of my crap and it changes their mind or makes them enjoy the recruitment less then those people have issues. I doubt anyone gives a stuff i dont agree with the recruiting of him and doubt even more they have less enjoyment because I said it. It may actually make people enjoy it more. And you may think im an ass clown on the computer but I write what i think and would say these things to my mates and for some reason they have continued being my mates since high school.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Settle down plunger just a forum mate

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Settle down plunger just a forum mate

Again why say that to me. I didnt start this discussion and am just answering it. Settle down. I couldnt be more relaxed. Now lets get back to the topic. Ive said my bit. Someone else have a go.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

tbh i just wanted to call you plunger lol