Sandgropers at the Saints.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Former Saints rookie Mark Hutchings. Apparently outstanding in the WAFL this year :shock:
Interesting....I was told that we got rid of him because he had bad hip problems. :shock:
He had both hips operated on after the season but we got rid of him because they thought he was to slow. They are probably correct but he can find the footy.

Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Ross who? wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Former Saints rookie Mark Hutchings. Apparently outstanding in the WAFL this year :shock:
Interesting....I was told that we got rid of him because he had bad hip problems. :shock:
He had both hips operated on after the season but we got rid of him because they thought he was to slow. They are probably correct but he can find the footy.
Just another Valenti.....

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
He started off like a house on fire and was favorite to win the sandover for awhile but as the season went on his form started to drop a bit ... I think he has nominated for the draft again this year he did pretty good in the under 23 game late in the year so maybe a chance at another club
Ok thanks, from what little I saw, always had time for Hutchings, maybe a Rookie listing somewhere.

Notice the Sandover top 5 placings: Luke Blackwell, Kyal Horsley, Rory O'Brien, Brendan Lee, Ross Young. Any of them likely to get drafted/rookied?

Subiaco's Kyal Horsley came in 2nd, Watters rates him, as well as West Perth's Jason Salecic. Do you ever see these guys play?

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Ross who? wrote:
Yes I read somewhere Hutchings was injured, didn't know it was hips. Maybe he appeared slowish, but finds a lot of the footy, inside as well....

Edit: Former St Kilda rookie Mark Hutchings ran a repeat sprint time of 24.01s (in the WA state screening) that would have seen him place inside the top five at the national combine. :shock:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
He started off like a house on fire and was favorite to win the sandover for awhile but as the season went on his form started to drop a bit ... I think he has nominated for the draft again this year he did pretty good in the under 23 game late in the year so maybe a chance at another club
Ok thanks, from what little I saw, always had time for Hutchings, maybe a Rookie listing somewhere.

Notice the Sandover top 5 placings: Luke Blackwell, Kyal Horsley, Rory O'Brien, Brendan Lee, Ross Young. Any of them likely to get drafted/rookied?

Subiaco's Kyal Horsley came in 2nd, Watters rates him, as well as West Perth's Jason Salecic. Do you ever see these guys play?
Blackwell is a midfeilder previously delisted by the Blues hes in his mid 20's and at WAFL level looks a class above the rest but at AFL level i reckon he would be a plodder ...

Kyal Horsley is a forward/midfeilder gets a lot of the ball , is a strong left foot bit like Matt Priddis but better kick - has been around for a while did look like getting picked up by the dockers in 09 but di think his work rate wasnt up to AFL level back then ... definatly a chance for him to be drafted ...

Rory O'Brien another midfeilder a fair bit older though he played for peel and in his second year took out their best and fairest (06) in 2010 he won it again only to cross over to East freo this year (after some contraversial dealings by peel) and won their best and fairest is prob past the use by date for an AFL club to pick him up ..

Brendan Lee i honestly dont know any thing about him

Ross Young is almost 30 so no chance of getting drafted i think he played AFL a few years back not sure

Jason Salecic is another older bloke (27 maybe) is the captain of the Falcons and also was WA captain he has been on the cusp of AFL for a long time ans is one of those players who give their all for the jumper likes a goal and can take a good grab .. could be like a Jpod and make an impact late at AFL level is also a midfeilder...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

double post

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Blackwell is a midfeilder previously delisted by the Blues hes in his mid 20's and at WAFL level looks a class above the rest but at AFL level i reckon he would be a plodder ...

Kyal Horsley is a forward/midfeilder gets a lot of the ball , is a strong left foot bit like Matt Priddis but better kick - has been around for a while did look like getting picked up by the dockers in 09 but di think his work rate wasnt up to AFL level back then ... definatly a chance for him to be drafted ...

Rory O'Brien another midfeilder a fair bit older though he played for peel and in his second year took out their best and fairest (06) in 2010 he won it again only to cross over to East freo this year (after some contraversial dealings by peel) and won their best and fairest is prob past the use by date for an AFL club to pick him up ..

Ross Young is almost 30 so no chance of getting drafted i think he played AFL a few years back not sure

Jason Salecic is another older bloke (27 maybe) is the captain of the Falcons and also was WA captain he has been on the cusp of AFL for a long time ans is one of those players who give their all for the jumper likes a goal and can take a good grab .. could be like a Jpod and make an impact late at AFL level is also a midfeilder...
Thanks, great summary. You should be the Saints WA talent scout. :wink:
Horsley is 23 and very solidly built at 182 / 88 kg. I'm not too keen on lightly built players. He might just get himself drafted
Glad Watters is looking at mids like Horsley and Salecic, that's where you will win games mostly....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

We do have a scout in WA I just took a bit more interest in the WAFL this year.. I'm far from an expert on spotting tallent

Saints94
SS Life Member

MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Horsley is 23 and very solidly built at 182 / 88 kg. I'm not too keen on lightly built players. He might just get himself drafted
Glad Watters is looking at mids like Horsley and Salecic, that's where you will win games mostly....
has Watters stated he is having a look?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Saints94 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Yes, he's had a look and mentioned Horsley and Salecic in particular and WAFL mature age talent in general.....

Saints94
SS Life Member

MCG-Unit wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Yes, he's had a look and mentioned Horsley and Salecic in particular and WAFL mature age talent in general.....
Sorry but can you/anyone give me a rundown on these players? :)

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

^^^
Kyal Horsley 23 182 / 88 Subiaco; Jason Salecic 27 177 / 80 W Perth both mids

Just look at the post you replied to above St_Trav of WA has given a good summary of these 2.... :wink: