collingwood/thomas to contest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

So the only thing he can lose is an extra 30 odd points....

oh and his integrity

The collingwood football club is a disgrace. How dare they contest a charge that was lower then should have been given. how that was low impact is a disgrace but to suggest it was not intentional is giving a big middle finger to the whole game in general.

So over this whole comp right now.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:So the only thing he can lose is an extra 30 odd points....

oh and his integrity

The collingwood football club is a disgrace. How dare they contest a charge that was lower then should have been given. how that was low impact is a disgrace but to suggest it was not intentional is giving a big middle finger to the whole game in general.

Tell me you are joking. Why wouldnt they contest the charge and if we didnt we would be a pathetic footy club.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

oh and his integrity

Tell me you are joking. Why wouldnt they contest the charge and if we didnt we would be a pathetic footy club.
You don't think it's a little disingenuous to contest a situation where player A clearly smacks a bloke in the mouche?

I understand why they contest, but I also get Solar's point.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

oh and his integrity

Because they have a sense of whats right, similar to the stance Lyon, the club and Baker did last last year by not taking it further.

The guy belted a guy, if that was in a pub jones would have a right to have him charged with assualt. Fist to the jaw, drawing blood and perhap concussion. Yet some how this is LOW IMPACT.

Don't bother replying because I can already guess your pathetic AFL endorsed response :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

oh and his integrity

You don't think it's a little disingenuous to contest a situation where player A clearly smacks a bloke in the mouche?

Why not contest for 30 extra points. I am sure we have done it before and id be sure every other club has as well. If we had a player in a similar position I reckon most people here would whinge if we didnt have a go.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

But unless I'm wrong it doesn't matter what he does next as anything is pretty much going to topple him into 'week off' territory.

Feel free to correct me, I'm working from memory here and kind of thinking out aloud, but if he wins he gets 130 if he loses he gets 170.

Pretty much farting in an elevator gets you 70 plus doesn't it?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Isn't it just symptomatic of the Collingwood mindset.

They'll do anything as long as they can see a benefit/advantage, no matter how small.

I view it similarly to the plan to send 4 players to Arizona.
It might give them a 1% benefit but they've got the money to do it, so why not.

Good luck to them.
Unless they unfairly denigrate Jones in the process.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Isn't it just symptomatic of the Collingwood mindset.

They'll do anything as long as they can see a benefit/advantage, no matter how small.

I view it similarly to the plan to send 4 players to Arizona.
It might give them a 1% benefit but they've got the money to do it, so why not.

Good luck to them.
Unless they unfairly denigrate Jones in the process.
They can't and they won't. To do that would reduce their arguement to ZERO !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I would barrack for al qaeda over collingwood, no doubt about it, they make me feel like Michael Douglas in 'falling down'

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

oh and his integrity

Because they have a sense of whats right, similar to the stance Lyon, the club and Baker did last last year by not taking it further.

The guy belted a guy, if that was in a pub jones would have a right to have him charged with assualt. Fist to the jaw, drawing blood and perhap concussion. Yet some how this is LOW IMPACT.

Don't bother replying because I can already guess your pathetic AFL endorsed response :roll:
Do you realise the MRP ask the saints for a medical report? Obviously you have seen it to suggest he may have had concussion. He got a cut lip so to me it is low impact. Any club would and should challenge if you cant get a further increase in penalities. It would be a disgrace to the player and the supporters if they didnt. But have your whinge. Hope it makes you feel better to be more angry.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

oh and his integrity

Why not contest for 30 extra points. I am sure we have done it before and id be sure every other club has as well. If we had a player in a similar position I reckon most people here would whinge if we didnt have a go.
A bloke at work reckons that he should have got at least 6 weeks for that hit. Can't believe he's appealing.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

where can you go to see videos of MRP incidents? bratty?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:where can you go to see videos of MRP incidents? bratty?
I think we should make a stand and not provide video evidence. It would teach Eddy a lesson as well.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

i thought defendants couldn't use their own video evidence anyway?
i meant for me, i want to have a look at this one and the ablett one…

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Do you realise the MRP ask the saints for a medical report? Obviously you have seen it to suggest he may have had concussion. He got a cut lip so to me it is low impact. Any club would and should challenge if you cant get a further increase in penalities. It would be a disgrace to the player and the supporters if they didnt. But have your whinge. Hope it makes you feel better to be more angry.
See, this is what I find so weird and frustrating about the AFL.

We're told the head is sacrosanct. You can't even look at a bloke's head without getting pinged for it.

Yet a blatant, malicious punch to the face of an unsuspecting player behind the play to the head - is deemed 'low impact' even though he was forced from the ground due to it.

It is considered the same, in terms of the 'crime', as the slap to the stomach that Fraser Gehrig gave Cloke a few years ago.

The AFL just can't get anything right.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

oh and his integrity

A bloke at work reckons that he should have got at least 6 weeks for that hit. Can't believe he's appealing.
He's not appealing - yet - just taking it to the tribunal.

No doubt Collingwood will take it to appeal if they fail in their pathetic attempt to downgrade the charge though!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Do you realise the MRP ask the saints for a medical report? Obviously you have seen it to suggest he may have had concussion. He got a cut lip so to me it is low impact. Any club would and should challenge if you cant get a further increase in penalities. It would be a disgrace to the player and the supporters if they didnt. But have your whinge. Hope it makes you feel better to be more angry.

We're told the head is sacrosanct. You can't even look at a bloke's head without getting pinged for it.

Yet a blatant, malicious punch to the face of an unsuspecting player behind the play to the head - is deemed 'low impact' even though he was forced from the ground due to it.

It is considered the same, in terms of the 'crime', as the slap to the stomach that Fraser Gehrig gave Cloke a few years ago.

Yep the AFL have got everything wrong. That makes so much sense. He got 2 weeks and from where I sit I reckon that is right. Apart from some Saints supporters no media has said he didnt get what he deserved but I suppose the media are scared of the pies because that makes as much sense as the AFL not getting anything right apart from having the most successful competition in Australia.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Yep the AFL have got everything wrong. That makes so much sense. He got 2 weeks and from where I sit I reckon that is right. Apart from some Saints supporters no media has said he didnt get what he deserved but I suppose the media are scared of the pies because that makes as much sense as the AFL not getting anything right apart from having the most successful competition in Australia.
Cheers Andy.

Now that the TV rights are done and dusted, are you getting those new gold teeth you were after? :wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Steady Folks,

This is NOT a StKilda issue. It's between Collingwood and the AFL/AFL system. I think, what would CJ say if it was under the old system? I'd think he would say there was nothing in it (whether there was or not) and that is why we have the current system. NO, it's not perfect but is more transparent than the old subjective system !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

I don't think you read what I wrote man.

In this instance, the MRP probably got it right under the AFL's system.

But as I said above, how on earth this system can grade what Thomas did as equal to some of the other stuff we've seen if just a joke.

Jumper clashes - can't get it right.
MRP - can't get it right.
Rule changes - can't get it right.
Umpiring - can't get it right.
The Draw - can't get it right.
Fixturing - can't get it right.
The conditions of the grounds - can't get it right.
Relocating clubs - can't get it right.
Drugs in the game - can't get it right.
Sexism in the game - can't it right.
Relationship with the clubs - can't get it right.

The list just goes on, and on, and on.

The AFL has been the 'most successful competition in the country' for as long as I've existed. These stooges running it now can't claim credit for that.

I can't for the life of me, see one single thing the commission has done really, really well and fixed that was broken when they took over.

People accept these f*** ups because they've love the sport. They have no choice. The club they grew up with plays in the AFL, so there is no option but to grit your teeth and accept the farcical decisions these people make.
Last edited by Johnny Member on Tue 07 Jun 2011 5:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

The bloke at work is a Richmond supporter. He's dad used to umpire in the EDFL in the 80s.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

The bloke at work is a Richmond supporter. He's dad used to umpire in the EDFL in the 80s.
Well there is one.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Steady Folks,

This is NOT a StKilda issue. It's between Collingwood and the AFL/AFL system. I think, what would CJ say if it was under the old system? I'd think he would say there was nothing in it (whether there was or not) and that is why we have the current system. NO, it's not perfect but is more transparent than the old subjective system !!
rubbish.

So you don't think this system is subjective?

Well, please explain all the inconsistencies.

Explain Baker's treatment.

It's friggin corrupt as all hell.

And WHY is this not a St Kilda issue, when Daisy SMASHED a Saints player?

If it gets downgraded, it's an insult to our medicos and an insult to our club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Eastern wrote:Steady Folks,

rubbish.

So you don't think this system is subjective?

Well, please explain all the inconsistencies.

Explain Baker's treatment.

It's friggin corrupt as all hell.

And WHY is this not a St Kilda issue, when Daisy SMASHED a Saints player?

If it gets downgraded, it's an insult to our medicos and an insult to our club.
Can you explain how it is an insult to our medicos and the club? Love to read it. Eastern is exactly right thought, CJ would have said he didnt feel a thing under the old system. Both systems make mistakes but at least we dont have to hear crap coming from the injured player under this one.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The old system was blatantly inconsistent but at least it gave some flexibility to the charges. The current system is about saving time and in the process money. It hasn't stopped the strange anomalies, just gets the whole thing done quicker. It is still a lottery as to what you will get when the MRP charges you. It is like mandatory sentencing, good in theory because it saves money but doesn't allow justice to be served in the appropriate way to fit the crime.