Koisi may have a broken rib...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

kos is absolutely fine

#1 Ryder fan
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Cracked my ribs a few times while playing and the pain is extreme. While standing still youd hardly know anything was wrong with you. Once you walk let alone jog or run the pain shoots through you. Getting your arms up above your head is agony. I doubt Kosi would have trained if it was broken the pains to much especially if the cartledge between them tears as well. If its broken you can be strapped up and jabbed but Id guess youd keep that for a Grand Final and not a Monday training session.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Saints43
Club Player

Kosi went for a swim (by himself) yesterday. Would he do that with a broken rib/s?

Apparently seemed happy and spoke to said source confidently about the match.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Exactly. A cracked rib would preclude you from even light training.

Personally I think it's a ruse designed to shore up Presti's inclusion. MM would feel more comfortable about having Presti up against someone who wasn't right.

But I do tend to overthink these things.
Last edited by Thinline on Fri 24 Sep 2010 10:37am, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:kos is absolutely fine
He certainly was on Monday, that's why I can't believe he'd be carrying cracked or broken ribs. He is pretty reserved at training normally, but he was upbeat and very happy....

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: As John Lennon said

oh when wrote:Mind Games
ross rarely does mind gimes. and Stanley has is now not in the half time sprint.

looks like stanley for Kosi

Saints43
Club Player

saintly wrote:ross rarely does mind gimes.
How many teams have we put out - as selected - in the last 8 weeks? Not too many I would reckon.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I hope Ross keeps them guessing

Another opportunity awaits!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintly wrote:
ross rarely does mind gimes. and Stanley has is now not in the half time sprint.

You are kidding, are you not?

Let us be honest, we have no idea who is going to run out on Saturday and better still, neither does Mick. LOVE IT!!!

I am confident that regardless of whom runs out, they will put in 100% so it is not of a concern.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The pain from a cracked/broken rib is breathtaking.

I cannot believe that Kosi was abel to come back on the field after half-time, let alone take some of those marks in the last quarter
if he had the damage that is now being spoken of.

I reckon we are seeing a 'major sting' designed to keep Liar and his henchmen guessing.

I reckon they've got no real idea of what our team will actually be.

I hope that when we do the pre-game warm up, not only the 25 are oput there, but
Armo
Steven
Lynch
Heyne
Miles
are also there!

It's only a fine to play someone who's not included in your named 25.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:The pain from a cracked/broken rib is breathtaking.

I cannot believe that Kosi was abel to come back on the field after half-time, let alone take some of those marks in the last quarter
if he had the damage that is now being spoken of.

I reckon we are seeing a 'major sting' designed to keep Liar and his henchmen guessing.

I reckon they've got no real idea of what our team will actually be.

I hope that when we do the pre-game warm up, not only the 25 are oput there, but
Armo
Steven
Lynch
Heyne
Miles
are also there!

It's only a fine to play someone who's not included in your named 25.
Kit up Rob Harvey as well. Just for the hell of it!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
mordi
Club Player

saintly wrote:

Saintly, do we know for sure Stanley is not running?

When I think about it , presume he would have to run in the heats earlier in the day (?), so regardless of whether he was ever going to play, to keep the mind-games going he will sacrifice back-to-back sprints for the good of the team ......

OK - edit - just saw the thread on Stanley out - all consistent with the mindgames and insurance....

What's the Point of it All?
stevie
Saintsational Legend

If there was any truth in this, it would've come out early in the week.

Oh, and Nigel Lappin played with a busted rib in the 03 GF, not 02.

Spent the night in hospital afterwards - inspirational.

WaggaSaint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Guys...if I was a club that had a big blonde FREAK running around up forward I would probably propagate a little story about the big decoy bloke who runs around up there with him to deflect a little early game heat...

But that's just me.

NO ONE on their nelly could play a half of footy like Koz played with a cracked rib, minor or greenstick or whatever.

Has anyone here cracked a rib?

I did it in my rugby days twice.

It's ridiculously uncomfortable.

Koz was winded.

Quit boxing at shadows...
Cracked a rib myself playing Rugby - it's incredibly painful. Anyone who says 'It's just a rib, he'll be okay to play', needs to get one of theirs broken - or even bruised - and see how they go.

Nice one chopps....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WaggaSaint wrote:
Thinline wrote:Guys...if I was a club that had a big blonde FREAK running around up forward I would probably propagate a little story about the big decoy bloke who runs around up there with him to deflect a little early game heat...

But that's just me.

NO ONE on their nelly could play a half of footy like Koz played with a cracked rib, minor or greenstick or whatever.

Has anyone here cracked a rib?

I did it in my rugby days twice.

It's ridiculously uncomfortable.

Koz was winded.

Quit boxing at shadows...
Cracked a rib myself playing Rugby - it's incredibly painful. Anyone who says 'It's just a rib, he'll be okay to play', needs to get one of theirs broken - or even bruised - and see how they go.
WaggaSaint, whilst maybe one or two posters have mentioned the possibilty of Kosi playing with a broken/cracked rib, I think the majority have pointed out what Kosi has been doing so far this week as evidence he couldn't have such an injury.

So presumably, as someone who has had a cracked rib, you'd be in that group that says if Kosi is running and swimming then these stories must be crap.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I seem to remember him taking some ominously good grabs late in the game.

What bollocks.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I seem to remember him taking some ominously good grabs late in the game.

What bollocks.
Something wrong with his bollocks now :shock:

older saint
SS Life Member

Depends if rib or cartlidge. Cartlidge actually will hurt more. Plenty of examples of playing with broken or cracked rib jabbed up if unlikely to displace - Hodge, Lappin Brereton.

I see Stanley a little like Steven the encouragement award this year for the finals?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
markp wrote:I seem to remember him taking some ominously good grabs late in the game.

What bollocks.
Something wrong with his bollocks now :shock:
No. They're just incredibly impressive.

Have you seen them? I recommend a look. Enormous. Well shaped. Weighty. In many respects the perfect pair.