Etihad Stadium deal costs Saints $1.40 a fan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Is it too late to transfer games to Geelong? I mean we would break even with 12k down there.

Why isn't the game v Collingwood at the G on Monday?

F*** Jihad Stadium. I will buy SFA at that see you next tuesday of a ground and Collo get go and F*** himself.
I too have been curious about playing at Skilled, and please don't shout me down...
No shouts from here.

I am sure we could pack out the place against Vic teams. Even twice would give us a $1 mill profit if the Geelong figures are correct.

We need to play somewhere else. Would even be willing to pay an extra $10 as a member to play down there.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="barks4eva"]Collo is lowlife scum and this filthy, rorting, cheating slimeball should be strung up from the nearest tree but not before being covered in honey and place strategically next to a bee hive or better still some pissed off european wasps, this arsewipe once wanted St kilda wound up and went out of his way to say "Let them Rot"!

The AFL should never have let this crook anywhere near the place, let alone run the joint, what an absolute disgrace, like putting a kid in a candy store, rorted AFL rules while running Carlton, yet is allowed to run an AFL stadium, GO FIGURE! :roll:

Just hope I run into him at Etihad Stadium sometime, he' d be best served to have security with him, FAIR DINKUM!

So St Kilda pay Collo and his shareholders and end up in the red for the priviledge of using his stadium, LOVELY!

I wrote years ago that it was a fair dinkum disgrace that this prick should be allowed to run the Dome and the AFL is complicit in this because it allowed this cheating scumbag to do precisely that.

It surprises me NOT that this has come back to bite, because Collo is, was and always will be a filthy lowlife cheating piece of slimy corporate scum!

All those opposed to public hangings should reconsider their position, this prick should be strung up without even a moments hesitation!

Let Collo ROT!

FAIR DINKUM![/quote]

Does this mean you don't like the bloke?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Surely talented lawyers using, The Chewbacca Defence , could break these contracts and get us and other Clubs a better deal !

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="howlinwolf"]
B.T.W Geelong currently get $650 000 for a crowd at Kardinia Park equivalent to what we get for a home Freo game.

Good luck to them for having the foresight in upgrading their ground. I just wish our club had've seen this coming.

I'd suggest for now all we can do for now is be as generous as you can afford in fund raisers.[/quote]

Geelong had massive financial input from the local Geelong council.
If you live in Geelong you are either an active Geelong supporter or an inactive Geelong supporter.

St Kilda does not have the support of Kingston council,
The majority of people who live in Kingston are neither active or inactive supporters of St Kilda although St Kilda enjoys the greatest support.

The Moorabbiin council had good reason to financially encourage St Kilda to move there during the 1960s, now Kingston would rather have the entire ground back unlees there is money in it for them.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Bernard Shakey"]The AFL wants to get rid of teams in Melbourne, don't worry about that.
It' a matter of which teams it is.

We must make sure it's not the Saints.

I will not go to the game on Monday night for 3 reasons:
Hate the scheduling;
Hate the Pies;
Hate Collo.

I will not have my hard earned going into the coffers of these assholes.[/quote]

Demetriou does not want to lose any teams from Melbourne because he knows the first cab off the rank is his former team North Melbourne.
If he can make them safe or set some other club to be first cab, he may change his mind.

SaintDebi
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Is it too late to transfer games to Geelong? I mean we would break even with 12k down there.

Why isn't the game v Collingwood at the G on Monday?

F*** Jihad Stadium. I will buy SFA at that see you next tuesday of a ground and Collo get go and F*** himself.
I too have been curious about playing at Skilled, and please don't shout me down...
Every year season I check the fixture and breathe a sigh of relief when we don't play here in Geelong.
Do you realise how hard it is to get a seat down here? I know you are talking about playing a home game at Skilled, but even so the ground's capacity is something like 28,000.
There is very little shelter from sun, rain or wind, and even much of their "Good" reserved seating has restricted viewing. There was a big hoo ha in the papers down here with one unhappy member threatening court action to recover his money for his family's seats which ended up being behind a support beam. The club basically said bad luck. The support beams are there to hold the roof up and others put up with it without complaining. I think they refunded him before it went further but then there was a barrage of letters in the paper backing the guy up.
And all that's before you even worry about parking. Ever seen the quagmire that can happen at the G when it rains? Try parking on the limited mush around Skilled.... If you're lucky to get there early enough. If not you will need some knowledge of the surrounding streets so you can park and walk and hopefully not be fined by Geelong's over zealous parking inspectors.
No thanks. I'd rather play at a real ground. But if we do play here I can probably accomodate a couple of cars at my place. I'm just 25 - 30 minutes away if you walk briskly!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

Dogs are thinking of going to the cattery....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

previous media and some discussion on where the clubs are at
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... dium+deals

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Nattens
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:Ever seen the quagmire that can happen at the G when it rains? Try parking on the limited mush around Skilled.... If you're lucky to get there early enough. If not you will need some knowledge of the surrounding streets so you can park and walk and hopefully not be fined by Geelong's over zealous parking inspectors.
No thanks. I'd rather play at a real ground. But if we do play here I can probably accomodate a couple of cars at my place. I'm just 25 - 30 minutes away if you walk briskly!
Reminds me of when I used to live in Geelong. NEVER try and drive from south to north along Moorabool Street or LaTrobe Terrace on a Cats match day. Although I used to get some sick pleasure driving up to Melbourne for a Saints game heckling all the Cats fans as I drove past with both scarfs out either window :)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

smorgon on SEN this morning
he has been the spokesman for the Presidents and CEO's in the Stadium issue
http://podsentral.com/sites/default/fil ... t.wav_.mp3

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

A few things from my memory & point of view;

*Barks rant- spot on but the AFL had nothing to do with Collins being appointed CEO of ES. He was approached by the board of Stadium Operations Limited (SOL) (who represent the current stadium owners). I don't think that Andy D & Collins get on at all (especially after AD got the AFL CEO job ahead of Collins).

*Plympton & Smorgon were sold the dream of their clubs becoming financially stable by Jackson. One of the main problems was that the figures provided were very rubbery. Especially in regards to staffing costs (they used the old staffing costs from Waverley as a base when ES has ten times as many staff).

*The MCG didn't want us as an anchor tenant when Waverley was shut down. Colonial got their golden goose in Essendon & the rest were left with ok deals that would deliver good returns to the shareholders but not the clubs

*St Kilda was part of ES 'guaranteed returns' deal which protected clubs from losing $$ on games with poor crowds but limited the $$ from sell out games. When the AFL decided to sue ES (or SOL) earlier this year, ES decided to cease this 'deal' & as a result we have to pay them the $100k now. If this deal was still in place

*Eddie McGuire made a very interesting point yesterday that Jackson & co wanted to rid the AFL of a few Melbourne clubs at the time the initial deals were made & the decision to close Waverley/develop Docklands was made.

The AFL of Jackson's era had ulterior motives & AD's AFL have inherited this stadium debacle (the MCG deals outside of Collingwood are also rooted).

We can only hope that the AFL win the legal fight regarding the pourage rights (that Collo has been weaseling away for 9 years!) & new deals can be negoiated.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

interesting stats in light of current 'discussions'
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 11861.html
ETIHAD Stadium made a profit of almost $7.5 million in the 18 months to December last year, with stadium revenue increasing and event costs falling sharply.

Financial results submitted to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission a fortnight ago showed stadium manager Melbourne Stadiums, which is defending a legal claim brought by the AFL over treatment of its tenant clubs, collected $40.8 million in revenue between July 2007 and last December.

The stadium's decision to change reporting periods means performance cannot be precisely measured against earlier returns.But basic adjustments to the latest results — cutting them by a third to nullify the longer reporting period — suggest the stadium's revenue rose 7.5 per cent last year, staff costs rose 17.7 per cent and event expenses fell by 28 per cent. Its annual profit, however, remained flat at about $5 million in comparison to the year to June 2007.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

So, they made $7.5M in 18 months. Christ, what a return on equity - whatdyer reckon the stadiums worth? This is just more buck passing.

s***, the Greek Cypriot Chief is on our side now? I don't think so.

Seriously, would you trust AD? He fair dinkum makes it up as he goes along.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
No1_Saint
Club Player

bigred wrote:
B.T.W Geelong currently get $650 000 for a crowd at Kardinia Park equivalent to what we get for a home Freo game.

Good luck to them for having the foresight in upgrading their ground. I just wish our club had've seen this coming.
Unfortunately we would really have needed to have put it in motion back in the early nineties....Financially we were a basket case at the time. We had no chance.

The move to Waverley was supposed to guarantee sustainability. The move to Docklands was supposed to guarantee financial viability.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course.

The position these clubs are now in is really concerning. Not just St.Kilda.
The Docklands was promised as the financial saviour of all the smaller clubs. The break even point at Waverley was allegedly as low as 13,000. It was thought at worse Docklands was going to be 30,000. This has not jumped to around maybe 36,000 depending on the member and paying spectator ratio.

The Club under Rod tried to raise this issue with the AFL back in 2001 and were basically told to stop whining and deal with it ourselves. Now 8 years later they finally realise that it's undermining the viability of many clubs.

If the Club had did what Hawthorn did and fought to stay at Waverley we would have mobilised the memberships and may have increased our numbers.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

No1_Saint wrote:If the Club had did what Hawthorn did and fought to stay at Waverley we would have mobilised the memberships and may have increased our numbers.

Huh that makes no sense, the Hawks had less membership than us only two years ago, fighting for waverly has nothing to do with memberships.

SaintDebi
Club Player

ace wrote:If you live in Geelong you are either an active Geelong supporter or an inactive Geelong supporter.

Or you could be one of many who like myself CAN'T STAND THEM!!!! :evil: