Moorabbin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

The cost blowout was real and came from the saints not frankston, the land and heritage overlay is what caused it. This "meeting" may have happened and may have been a factor but it was the saints that moved it, all planning is now done. Frankston hasn't lessened it financial contribution.

And BTW how does this make you think we are going to redevelop Moorabbin? A very big jump to conclusions there.

Loyal
Club Player

OK Superman:-

In my opinion Fraser liked the look of Frankston Park (why wouldn't you [bayside]) and felt that he could do something with it, Brian Mase told him where to go and that was Frankston Park.

Frankston Council keen to get St. Kilda onboard threw-up the Belvedere alternative. So blindsided was Fraser that he agreed to it. Fraser not able to have come to any agreement with Kingston over pokies and a range of issues issued that he was taking his bat and ball and setting-up his stumps elsewhere. Fraser moved the goalposts and then took-up a position with the FFA.

Belvedere Park is simply not an option. Belvedere Park is a residential area.

The redevelopment of Moorabbin makes more practical business sense than a move to Seaford. Moving to Seaford would be a seismic mistake and one that the club can not afford to make.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Loyal wrote:OK Superman:-

In my opinion Fraser liked the look of Frankston Park (why wouldn't you [bayside]) and felt that he could do something with it, Brian Mase told him where to go and that was Frankston Park.

Frankston Council keen to get St. Kilda onboard threw-up the Belvedere alternative. So blindsided was Fraser that he agreed to it. Fraser not able to have come to any agreement with Kingston over pokies and a range of issues issued that he was taking his bat and ball and setting-up his stumps elsewhere. Fraser moved the goalposts and then took-up a position with the FFA.

Belvedere Park is simply not an option. Belvedere Park is a residential area.

The redevelopment of Moorabbin makes more practical business sense than a move to Seaford. Moving to Seaford would be a seismic mistake and one that the club can not afford to make.
Why can't you just accept the fact that we are moving to Seaford!
Last edited by Saints94 on Thu 16 Apr 2009 4:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:Belvedere Park is simply not an option. Belvedere Park is a residential area.

What are you on the saints tried for four years to get Moorabbin redevelopment off the ground it didn't happen because the business case couldn't hold this is a fact (yes due to the pokies) All of this was done before looking else where before Frankston put it's hand up.

Secondly the planning permits were approved for Belvedere Park 2 months ago and tenders for the build have gone out. It's done get over it move on. I'm not argueing I prefer Belvedere Park over Moorabbin I don't but that doesn't mean it;s not happening. All the council hurdles have been jumped at Belvedere Park. Stop spreading made up BS you have the everything confused.

Also no need to be sarcastic and derogatory towards me for telling what has happened, just because you can't grasp the consept without looking at any of the facts.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Some more simple info for

Moorabbin was going to cost the saints 6 million plus to get a loan for this we needed a guareentee from the kingston council that they wouldn't ask for a reduction in the amount of pokies (they were unwilling to do so) and we we unable to secure the 6 million dollar loan.

Frankston park was going to cost us 4 million + due to cost blowouts and heritage overlays.

Belvedere Park is going to cost us 1.5 million plus

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Loyal wrote: been a while since i was on saints central now that i have an excuse.

i understand that there was a political collision between frankston council and the GM of the dolphins, brian mase. by conspiracy i simply meant that to have been an agenda-setting breakdown.

brian had said to me that "as a stand-alone VFL club they all want to put s**t on you". meaning: he was very much against the saints moving to frankston park and forcing him out. he stood firm and the council suggested an alternative. the alternative being belvedere park. the cost blowout was a line.
FFS Loyal, if you're going top name drop, at least get the name right. It's Bryan Mace not Brian Mase...

Philistine!!

Loyal
Club Player

seaford is not going to happen, never was and never will.
now you can all call me names, but the fact/facts remain/s.
it will not happen and will not ever happen.
to be honest, i really dont care what anyone thinks on the issue.
seaford will not happen. moorabbin will happen.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:seaford is not going to happen, never was and never will.
So the permits being approved and the tenders going out a couple of weeks ago is just the saints having a laugh?? The leveling of the land being done was a April fools joke? Whats happening then? Show me the evidence or at least tell us why.. Is this your opinion (which is fine) or are getting this from somewhere (which is what you are insinuating), I find it hard to believe based on the wrong information you have posted on in this thread about what has happened with the project in the past.

No-one started calling you names until you started calling people names. The more you post the more troll like you are becoming.

Loyal
Club Player

you obviously dont know me well enough ausfatcat i said seaford will not happen.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Loyal wrote:Belvedere Park is a residential area.
WRONG!! Belvedere Park is bordered by an industrial estate to the east, other sporting facilities to the west and north, and a nature reserve to the south.

Moorabbin Reserve on the other hand is bordered by residential housing to the north, south east and west...

I repeat.. YOU ARE A PHILISTINE!!!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

loyal, either spill some goss
or accept that the tender is out and leveling has begun.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The real home of St. Kilda is St. Kilda!

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Google says it's here.

Wonder if Archie checked for space?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:The real home of St. Kilda is St. Kilda!
It's St Kilda and NOT St. Kilda

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
spert wrote:The real home of St. Kilda is St. Kilda!
It's St Kilda and NOT St. Kilda
:shock:

ImageImage

esaint66
SS Life Member

Ok i've saved this in my documents with your name and the date you posted this, when the move goes ahead your head might be going with them. :roll: :roll: :roll:

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

esaint66 wrote:

Ok i've saved this in my documents with your name and the date you posted this, when the move goes ahead your head might be going with them. :roll: :roll: :roll:
No point in the head going... theres no brain inside it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

esaint66
SS Life Member

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
esaint66 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Loyal
Club Player

esaint66 wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
esaint66 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
laugh all you like. the only thing funny are your ethics esaint66,.

Loyal
Club Player

let's come together people!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

esaint66 wrote:Ok i've saved this in my documents with your name and the date you posted this, when the move goes ahead your head might be going with them. :roll: :roll: :roll:
You do know that he will turn around and just say it is a joke and he never thought it was true.

casey scorp
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
…….. the planning permits were approved for Belvedere Park 2 months ago and tenders for the build have gone out. It's done get over it move on. I'm not argueing I prefer Belvedere Park over Moorabbin I don't but that doesn't mean it;s not happening. All the council hurdles have been jumped at Belvedere Park. Stop spreading made up BS you have the everything confused.
ausfatcat wrote:So the permits being approved and the tenders going out a couple of weeks ago is just the saints having a laugh?? The leveling of the land being done was a April fools joke? Whats happening then? Show me the evidence or at least tell us why.. Is this your opinion (which is fine) or are getting this from somewhere (which is what you are insinuating), I find it hard to believe based on the wrong information you have posted on in this thread about what has happened with the project in the past.
matrixcutter wrote:loyal, either spill some goss

When I read the comments about tenders having been called so quickly after the planning permit was issued, I was dubious. When I read comments about levelling having begun I was perplexed – the site is as flat as a tack to start with.

So I took a quick drive down this morning to check it out. There’s no sign of any action whatsoever on the site where the Saints facility is proposed. There is, however, a bit of digging out going on at an overland flow path that traverses the site.

And there are a couple of recently delivered site huts, but they’re not in the area proposed to be leased to the Saints (maybe site huts for some other work being undertaken by the Council at the reserve?).

This link gives a bit of a clue to the layout of the site:

http://www.frankston.vic.gov.au/library ... 20Info.pdf

(go to page 51 for an aerial photo)

And just to demonstrate that the above quotes are at best poor efforts at spin, and at worst deliberate attempts to mislead, this is what CEO, Michael Nettlefold, posted on saintscentral on 13 April (ie less than a week ago):

“Our Elite Training Facility in Seaford is coming along nicely. The plans have been approved, we are currently finalising the design with Stratcorp, our Project Consultant and we expect to put these plans out to tender within the next two to three weeks. The funding package from the AFL, Frankston City Council and Victorian State Government is in place and we are on target for a mid 2010 delivery.â€

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
…….. the planning permits were approved for Belvedere Park 2 months ago and tenders for the build have gone out. It's done get over it move on. I'm not argueing I prefer Belvedere Park over Moorabbin I don't but that doesn't mean it;s not happening. All the council hurdles have been jumped at Belvedere Park. Stop spreading made up BS you have the everything confused.
ausfatcat wrote:So the permits being approved and the tenders going out a couple of weeks ago is just the saints having a laugh?? The leveling of the land being done was a April fools joke? Whats happening then? Show me the evidence or at least tell us why.. Is this your opinion (which is fine) or are getting this from somewhere (which is what you are insinuating), I find it hard to believe based on the wrong information you have posted on in this thread about what has happened with the project in the past.
matrixcutter wrote:loyal, either spill some goss

When I read the comments about tenders having been called so quickly after the planning permit was issued, I was dubious. When I read comments about levelling having begun I was perplexed – the site is as flat as a tack to start with.

So I took a quick drive down this morning to check it out. There’s no sign of any action whatsoever on the site where the Saints facility is proposed. There is, however, a bit of digging out going on at an overland flow path that traverses the site.

And there are a couple of recently delivered site huts, but they’re not in the area proposed to be leased to the Saints (maybe site huts for some other work being undertaken by the Council at the reserve?).

This link gives a bit of a clue to the layout of the site:

http://www.frankston.vic.gov.au/library ... 20Info.pdf

(go to page 51 for an aerial photo)

And just to demonstrate that the above quotes are at best poor efforts at spin, and at worst deliberate attempts to mislead, this is what CEO, Michael Nettlefold, posted on saintscentral on 13 April (ie less than a week ago):

“Our Elite Training Facility in Seaford is coming along nicely. The plans have been approved, we are currently finalising the design with Stratcorp, our Project Consultant and we expect to put these plans out to tender within the next two to three weeks. The funding package from the AFL, Frankston City Council and Victorian State Government is in place and we are on target for a mid 2010 delivery.â€

casey scorp
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:CS, I find it really interesting that you are continually scathing about the Saints (your team) and this Seaford training base and yet over on Demonland you just ignore the fact that MFC (now your second team) still hasn't come to terms with Casey (your true love) and signed the agreement?
So far MFC have taken whatever Casey have offered without committing anything really substantial back. You would think that if it was a 'true partnership' the goodwill would be flowing both ways. So far MFC seems to be 'talking the talk', without 'walking the walk'.

Why cut MFC so much slack in comparison to StKFC?

Oh and btw, my opinion only, I find it somewhat uncomfortable that you felt the need to buy a MFC membership purely on the basis of their alliance with Casey.
Couldn't you have just bought a Casey membership without feeling the need to financially help one of our opposition?
I’m not scathing about my team – I love the Saints.

I do, however, have some reservations about some corporate decisions by St KFC. Frankston Park was a poor decision. Belvedere Park is an abysmal decision.

MFC is now my second team because they are establishing a training base in my local area, are aligned with my local VFL team and are embracing the community where I live. Pretty simple really.

MFC hasn’t in fact taken anything from Casey at this stage (unless you think training on the Scorpions' oval is "taking"), but they are putting back into the local community already. They have already appointed a community development worker, are running clinics for primary school kids and working with local clubs etc. It has only commenced in a small way so far.

I’m not sure why you feel uncomfortable about me buying an MFC membership. They are a struggling team, and there were plenty of people on Saintsational a couple of years ago who were prepared to fork out for a North Melbourne membership to help out in their time of need. No comments at that time from you that I recall telling Sainters not to do it because NM is a competitor.

But the reason I’m buying it is, principally, because of the move to Casey – not because they’re struggling.

And, as far as your suggestion to me to buy a Casey membership goes, I’ve bought one every year since the Scorpions moved to Casey in 2006.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

anyone want to tell me why this has not been blocked

:shock:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith