hey forum

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

What really has me puzzled is what you so called 9th March 2004 veterans were doing on the 8th??? :evil:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:What really has me puzzled is what you so called 9th March 2004 veterans were doing on the 8th??? :evil:
I asked that question previously and it was explained to me that 09/03/2004 was the date that the 'new' Saintsational.com went live. All posters who were previously on were given that date as a joining date.
(someone please correct me if that explanation is incorrect)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Devilhead wrote:What really has me puzzled is what you so called 9th March 2004 veterans were doing on the 8th??? :evil:
I asked that question previously and it was explained to me that 09/03/2004 was the date that the 'new' Saintsational.com went live. All posters who were previously on were given that date as a joining date.
(someone please correct me if that explanation is incorrect)
No mate, because Devilhead joined on the 8th and not the 9th :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

So was it teh 8th Saintsational went 'live' and existing posters were 'joined up' in 2 batches?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:So was it teh 8th Saintsational went 'live' and existing posters were 'joined up' in 2 batches?
don't know...

There seems to be only 16 members that joined on the 8th, whilst there are heaps that show the 9th as their joined date

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bungiton
SS Life Member

LAST POST

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

just shows that Devilhead was checking for the renewal more often than others :wink:
or got on before 12 midnight :) :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bungiton
SS Life Member

ah hey Saintbrat, how you doin?

Lol remember me Satchmo and gazrat trying to win the acclaim of last post on that old forum, it was a great few hours, pretty certain I got the last word

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:ah hey Saintbrat, how you doin?

Lol remember me Satchmo and gazrat trying to win the acclaim of last post on that old forum, it was a great few hours, pretty certain I got the last word
Good to see that your previous post was not your last...

I hope you don't find a song sheet for "Second Last Post" :lol:

asiu

i watched u two fight over the honour

u wish bungmeister :)

this version of saintsational came back online late on the 8th

we three had discovered a back door into the 'crashed' version ....thus bungi's never ending claim of 2nd last post

iremember66
Club Player

plunk

There used to be a facility in other forums that was extremely useful (and may be useful to you bungiton) - I speak of the dump option - so that if, for example, bungiton took a dislike to my input on this forum, either because of one ill-considered post, or because I develop a theme which is not to bungiton's liking, (highly unlikely I know, but just an example), he could dump me and not receive (see) any further of my posts.

Is this an option on this forum??

If it is, could someone kindly advise of how I could utilise it? (I have a few names I would place on the list immediately - as I believe we all may - is it possible I could end up on someone's dump list myself)???

If not - can mods or site owners consider adding the facility?? I could waddle along through the forum in a world where anyone who offends me could simply cease to exist - oh if only LIFE was so simple!

bungiton
SS Life Member

sounds like a good plan there, does this dumpage remove the offending posts in the resulting ten pages of quoted posts though, if so I'm all for it, logging onto here early for a morning dump.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Bungi is right... there used to be some reasonably intelligent footy conversation in most threads. Now it's very hit & miss & most threads end up being hijacked by individuals hell bent on abuse.

For me it all started with the GT vs RL debate.... I can't see that ceasing anytime soon.

It's changed my usage of the site, now I just log on for a quick look as it's too time consuming to find the good posts amongst all the crap.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I don't read anything over about 3 pages

But for the first time I can remember a thread has gone 'back on track'--Good Friday

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Now as uncle Chop Chop would say - Harden the F##k up and grow a pair you big woos.
Nah if its all the same to you JB I'll stay a new-age sensitive soul...the chicks dig it :-) 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Bungi is right... there used to be some reasonably intelligent footy conversation in most threads. Now it's very hit & miss & most threads end up being hijacked by individuals hell bent on abuse.

For me it all started with the GT vs RL debate.... I can't see that ceasing anytime soon.

It's changed my usage of the site, now I just log on for a quick look as it's too time consuming to find the good posts amongst all the crap.
you are correct......anybody who even dared to speak up for the sacked coach was howled down mercilessly........that's when certain posters started abusing me. and others of course......been going on ever since ..but only from one or two...the others grew up and moved on......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

I often think with friends like some of the people on this site who needs enemies.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The bullying on this forum is quite odd.

Is very common now. Never was a couple of years back.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:The bullying on this forum is quite odd.

Is very common now. Never was a couple of years back.
i have to agree with you there........you have been a target for years........unwarranted so for the most part i believe.........

i usually find your posts raise valid questions...unlike others.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne

What some people regard as bullying is in a lot of cases an expression of valid criticism.

Some people on here expect to be able to post a whole lot of highly opinionated crap and have it accepted because of a/ Their Social Position, b/ Their reputed inside knowledge, c/ length of time on the Site, or d/ Pure Arrogance.

These people think it a personal insult for what they post being challenged, and usually respond with a put-down followed up with an insult for good measure. The aggrieved person then follows up with an insulting retort, and we end up with three pages of in-fighting.

If you are not prepared to wear criticism willingly, whether unjust or just, don't post. IMO rather than locking threads that get out of control, the mods would be best suited identifying the first insult, and adopting a zero tolerance to those seen to be perpetuating that tactic.

They are the real bullies here.

markp
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote: zero tolerance
I really think it's worth a shot, particularly in the main forum.... one strike and it's a 2 week holiday.

As I said before it's not like you're chopping off hands, and folk would learn to curb their tirades pretty quickly.

As it stands now for some it's a game of seeing how far you can go, and how much you can imply or suggest without actually stating.... and in the face of that it's often difficult to resist returning fire in kind.

Personally I can deal with it, but understandably many cant... or more likely just cant see the point in bothering.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Personally I can deal with it, but understandably many cant... or more likely just cant see the point in bothering.
Me too.

I actually quite like the fact that there are some morons on here who attempt to challenge every post I make.

It's even funnier when a little posse forms in a thread and tries to bully me.

Cracks me up.

However for other people, I can imagine it would be quite off-putting and in some cases even distressing.

Particularly for the kids.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:
Me too.

I actually quite like the fact that there are some morons on here who attempt to challenge every post I make.

It's even funnier when a little posse forms in a thread and tries to bully me.

Cracks me up.

However for other people, I can imagine it would be quite off-putting and in some cases even distressing.

Particularly for the kids.
Well I have been guilty of challenging your posts on who you are in the past.

Ironically I am now accused by others that I cant see through your thinly vieled critisisms.

Mabye it is I just can see the merit in your supposed critisisms without having to resort to you being pro/anti Lyon/Thomas.

To be frank, i think your posts so far this season ahve been more than fair. Mabye I am a bit more objective and critical in my outlook - who knows???

As far as bullying goes. If you feel victimised PM a mod, or just dont reply to the bullies.

there is one trolling thread jacking bully......who posts like this.....FFS Flowering :roll: :roll: .....who is going spare because I refuse to answer his offensive, abusive and totally irrelevant posts.

I suggest that to anyone who feels that a poster is worthless like the one OI describe, just totally ignore them and watch them go banana's. :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Absolutely nothing wrong with challenging my posts, thoughts or opinions.

It's the usual suspects that don't bother reading it - just look to see who posted it then instantly respond looking for a fight.

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Absolutely nothing wrong with challenging my posts, thoughts or opinions.

It's the usual suspects that don't bother reading it - just look to see who posted it then instantly respond looking for a fight.
Rodge... as amazing as it is that folk keep biting, you can't deny that you go fishing.