Saints are chasing fev (channel 10)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Richter
SS Life Member

On ther park the guy is an absolute gun. If he can get the Coleman at Carlton just think how many he could get for us.

He's as good as Fraser, if not better as he has a longer kick on him. Just as accurate and a similar temperament.

Given that Carlton would be desperate for the pick then we could play reasonable hard ball. Having said that I'd be happy enough to give up Watts + pick 9 for him.

Ideal scenario = pick 9 for Fev. Then swap Watts to Dogs for pick 21.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
lefty
Club Player

Maybe just Fev for pick 9

nothing else.

Watts will be important for us, we need another option rather than just Roo. He will be very good. Could have kozi, roo, fev, milne, watts, hrmmm not bad at all.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Forget Judd
Forget Fev

If you want to win a final - you need a dominant Ruckman

Ottens - how good was he tonight !

Who was the last team to win a premiership without a dominant ruckman ?
The Swans in 2005, so it really wasn't that long ago.

Re Fevola: he's a good player, but surely midfielders and ruckmen remain our priorities. Trading X (for instance) and pick 9 (which we could presumably use to recruit a good young midfielder) would be a huge step backwards IMO.

But I guess that at least we'd never again get a post from B4E whinging about GT trading draft picks away to "top up". Might almost be worth it. :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think Fev would be a great player to get. Loves the Saints always has and plays cards with a few Saints guys.

The problem is pick 9 is not going to enough and Goose and pick 9 is to much. So it must be another good player plus pick 9. X would be that player IMO. May not be popular but he hasnt been a great player for us over the last 3 years. We will not be losing much if he was to be traded plus pick 9.

Go for it I say.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think Fev would be a great player to get. Loves the Saints always has and plays cards with a few Saints guys.

The problem is pick 9 is not going to enough and Goose and pick 9 is to much. So it must be another good player plus pick 9. X would be that player IMO. May not be popular but he hasnt been a great player for us over the last 3 years. We will not be losing much if he was to be traded plus pick 9.

Go for it I say.
Well it just struck me (and I posted it on another thread) that, if Goose is determined to leave the club, and Richmond want him, then he is definitely the one to put on the table.

All clubs with good players who are a bit dissatisfied are in some trouble this season IMO because the Tigers are a more attractive proposition than the other clubs who have finished 16th in recent seasons.

I think trading X would be an act of insanity. The consensus across the AFL world is that our midfield is too slow and insufficiently skilled, so what to do we do: trade away one of our quickest and most skilled mids? And where would that leave Raph?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:if Goose is determined to leave the club
that remains to be seen.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
meher baba wrote:if Goose is determined to leave the club
that remains to be seen.
Totally agree: I'm just going with the prevailing speculative flow on this forum. I know nothing: I've never even met Goose!

- Jonathan Swift
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:I think Fev would be a great player to get. Loves the Saints always has and plays cards with a few Saints guys.

Go for it I say.
I agree; Fev at St. Kilda would be a great replacement for G. (I've changed my view from last year; RL has shown he can get blokes to straighten up ala Gardiner)

Pick 9 if they want a top ten pick for Judd should be enough; if not, pick 9 & Watts or Brooks. Keep X; we need pacy midfielders, and he is that.

JeffDunne

I'd have two simple rules when trading :

1) Only trade for experienced talent with experienced talent
2) Only trade early picks if you can bundle them with experienced talent for even earlier picks

Fev is an outstanding talent and I'd be happy to trade for him but not if it meant another year of trading out of the top 10.

JeffDunne

Goose AND pick 9 for Fev would be insanity.

Goose & a second round pick would be the maximum I'd entertain. If Carlton need another pick to get Judd over the line they can always on-trade him and organise a 3 way deal.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Talked to one of the Carlton hierarchy about Fev - tthe admin (CEO) would love to get rid of him under the "no dickheads" rule. Same guy that wanted to get rid of Tarrant from pies ....and did.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:the "no dickheads" rule
lol. very funny. do we have any dickheads we could trade for him? i can think of a few who drop in here from time to time

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Goose & a second round pick would be the maximum I'd entertain.
don't underestimate goose's value on the market. star chb for star ff.

straight swap is all i'd entertain ... but that is only if goose is hellbent on going and reason can't persuade him otherwise.

JeffDunne

One of the best administrators in football is going around telling people they are desperate to off-load Fev prior to negotiating trades?

Yeah . . . right. :roll:

Offer them Brooks and a 4th round pick then. :lol:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Pick 9 + Goose

for

Fev + Pick 18 + 34

Reasoning is that we have a lot of spots open on our list for drafting this year.

Instead of..

9, 27, 43, 59 (I assume it will be the same as last year, because of carlton's pick #1 giving us #9 again)

We get...

Fev, 18, 27, 34, 43.
Last edited by Otiman on Sat 22 Sep 2007 9:36am, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

bigcarl wrote:don't underestimate goose's value on the market. star chb for star ff.

straight swap is all i'd entertain ... but that is only if goose is hellbent on going and reason can't persuade him otherwise.
I don't disagree.

However, don't under estimate Fev's worth in the market place either.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Report from Paul Connors (Fev's manager) in the Australian today that he is 100 per cent committed to Carlton and won't be going anywhere.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
bigcarl wrote:don't underestimate goose's value on the market. star chb for star ff.

I don't disagree.

However, don't under estimate Fev's worth in the market place either.
a lot of carlton fans are sick of fev's antics and want to discard him because he's a bit of a trouble-maker down there. so you have to factor that into the equation.

i hope we have some good negotiators dealing with this and do not settle for any less than we can get ... IF goose is hellbent on leaving and reason can't persuade him otherwise.

i've a feeling that RL doesn't value rate goose as highly as other clubs do, so we mustn't let this color the dealings

JeffDunne

We should factor in what Carlton FANS think? :shock:

saintm
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:Report from Paul Connors (Fev's manager) in the Australian today that he is 100 per cent committed to Carlton and won't be going anywhere.
Is this man the busiest man in football at the moment??

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:u
a lot of carlton fans are sick of fev's antics and want to discard him because he's a bit of a trouble-maker down there. so you have to factor that into the equation.
i
I think Fev has noone to look upto at Carlton, Kouta hardly played, this maybe his problem, who did he have on field he would respect to tell him to settle down.
I say if we have a chance go for him, pick 9 only though

Before Im 85
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

It would appear tha Paul Connors is 'handling' just about all the 'trade players' this year.

Judd
Goose
Bakes
Fev

You don't think this whole Goose/Fev story might be him 'stirring the pot' to try and get better deals for his clients?

super dooper
Club Player

lefty wrote:Maybe just Fev for pick 9

nothing else.

Watts will be important for us, we need another option rather than just Roo. He will be very good. Could have kozi, roo, fev, milne, watts, hrmmm not bad at all.
May i ask as to exactly what Fergus Watts has done to impress you that he will form part of our key structure over a number of years now both with us and adelaide??

Now ive only seen him actaully play a few times, but he looks slow for one, and im not to sure how he would cope being the prime target up forward with say a Scarlett on him in a final.

If and IF he has value on the open market i say he should be trade bait, otherwise no point delisting him, just got to hope he can come in and prove us (me in particular) all wrong, which i hope he can do.

For my 2 cents worth
I would love Feeevvvvvolllllllaaaaaaa at St.Kilda, would love to be confident in at least 1 of our forwards kicking at better than a 50% strike rate. He would be a valuable addition to any side, and his extra luggage with his attitude could be tolerated with a 60+ goal season imo.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:We should factor in what Carlton FANS think? :shock:
no, but their coach and president will ... if they are doing their job. it's not unknown for administrators to think the same as fans.

roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

I agree, Fev would be a real asset to our team. He could easliy kick 80+ goals a year plus that takes the preasure off roo so he can play up the field more and win a brownlow(which he deserves) how about:
2nd round pick and Clint Jones for Fev.
We need to keep our no. 9 pick no matter what.

Keep on rolling Harvs