Nothing wrong with where we're at.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nothing wrong with where we're at.

We could be the worst top 8 side ever.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Saint 58 wrote: Sat 24 Jun 2023 9:57pm That's fair but it's like doing a four year university course with doing the final exams
Anyway, my point is you have to play them sometime to really find out if they can cut it in the ones
Not necessarily this week, or next week, but sometime
Most have been given chances. Up to them to make the most of them.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

nOthInG wOnG wIT WhErE wE aT 🫠

This sums up the mentality perfectly from too many people.
Normalising failure time after time.

Complete stupidity and acceptance of failure.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saint 58 wrote: Sat 24 Jun 2023 9:00pm Hey Teflon,

Are you schizophrenic ?
First you agreed with me to play the kids for the remainder of the year
Not all at once of course

Then you changed your mind

?
I’m unsure …let me ask myself…
That aside we are playing kids but I suspect Lyon is also finding out about our so called more experienced players as well

I do like the clear strategy the Hawks have come out with (see below) and I think weight of numbers they’ll end up with more talent than us

Hawthorn coach Sam Mitchell says the club will spend one more year focusing on the draft before looking up and across at the free agency pool.
The Hawks are rebuilding under Mitchell and have done so by shedding some veterans while prioritising the last two drafts.
Through the National Draft they’ve added Josh Ward, Sam Butler, Connor Macdonald, Cameron Mackenzie, Josh Weddle and Bailey Macdonald, among others, while providing opportunities to the likes of Jai Newcombe, Seamus Mitchell and James Blanck through rookie and mid-season drafts.
As it stands, the Hawks have one first-round selection in the 2023 draft and one in each of the second and third rounds as well as a later pick. They’ll also look around in the free agency market where they’ve already been linked with GWS forward Jake Riccardi.
After that, however, Mitchell insists they will pursue established players from other clubs to help consolidate their playing list.

“Yeah….nah””