What do these inclusions mean?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: What do these inclusions mean?

Strange selection.

Sends a message me thinks.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 7:57pm Let’s see how we go first - before we crow

Ross could take a dump on your plate Teflon, and you’d eat it up!

I think they are horrendous decisions- proof will be in the result?!
Which decisions exactly B.M? Just so we are all on the same page.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Depends on the variety of Ross taking the dump!

If it was Seb and not Lyon, I'm pretty sure someone other than Teflon would be chowing down like an ASMR Youtuber on a crunchy piece of chicken.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Look I eat s*** for breakfast so Ross’s could be tasty
The drivel you dump on this forum no one should have to consume

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:18pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:13pm I don’t know what it means… but what I want to know is what more does Windhager have to do to get a bloody game in the starting 22? I know Ross likes his structures, but he’s the answer to more run in the midfield. He can tag, he can kick a goal, he makes good decisions and his disposals and inside 50 are effective which is what we need. I’m really frustrated with selection.
Perhaps they are trying to teach Windy to be a positive midfielder rather than a negative tagger ( which he was very good at) Don’t panic, I think everyone knows his potential, he was just channeled into a certain role under Ratts and I reckon the club and coaches can see the upside in a different role. But what do I know😀😀

groupie1
Club Player

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:13pm I don’t know what it means… but what I want to know is what more does Windhager have to do to get a bloody game in the starting 22? I know Ross likes his structures, but he’s the answer to more run in the midfield. He can tag, he can kick a goal, he makes good decisions and his disposals and inside 50 are effective which is what we need. I’m really frustrated with selection.
Hands down agree with this sentiment.
I'm shocked and frustrated.
WHAT THE HELL this kid needs to do.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It's interesting how both Windy and Bytel are young in terms of age and games played and both have been made Sub several times.

Both players put in huge performances in the VFL which you'd normally think would be worthy of a call up to seniors, considering the fact that we've had our arse whipped by the Crows

Sometimes it's not about what you produce game day...or how well you perform at Sandringham

Sometimes it's about getting noticed on the training track and around the club during the week...AND I'm not talking about your kicking, running or intensity inside the weights room.

Windy needs to walk up to Ross and talk about something stupid or funny, then sledge him and point out that he still has a funny walk.

In other words, be a suck, and be his mate and it could make a difference. Personality is important and you have to build a relationship with the coach.

It's like any other workplace imo

It's important to see Ross as a person and not just your footy coach. The youngsters need to understand that, and perhaps....maybe....it could influence the coach.

It's easier for the senior players to do that because they have more life experience. Some of our senior players like Seb have kids, so that too helps Seb Ross the person relate to Ross Lyon the person
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 19 May 2023 7:36am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Somehow I don't see the likes of Byrnes or Owens cracking jokes to get in the 22. I see them as two players doing exactly what they are told from a team sense and positionally.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I wasn't talking about Byrnes/Owens vs Bytel/Windy

I was talking about Seb/Brad vs Bytel/Windy

How many ordinary games will it take before either Seb Ross or Brad Crouch get dropped?

Has Windy and Jack been given the opportunity or the same latitude?

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining. Treat the players equally. Rotate the sub and let Jack and Marcus take on more responsibility... especially straight after they show good form at Sandringham

lewdogs
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 7:39am I wasn't talking about Byrnes/Owens vs Bytel/Windy

I was talking about Seb/Brad vs Bytel/Windy

How many ordinary games will it take before either Seb Ross or Brad Crouch get dropped?

Has Windy and Jack been given the opportunity or the same latitude?

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining. Treat the players equally. Rotate the sub and let Jack and Marcus take on more responsibility... especially straight after they show good form at Sandringham
Seb would probably be top ten in the b and f right now. Two weeks ago possibly top five. Has had a couple of poor games but he has runs on the board this year.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

So you are saying that all players have off days. I get that...

Wouldn't it be wise when a player has an off week to make them Sub the week after and bring in someone fresh and in good form?

Isn't that part of the art of good coaching and good management and maximising the team's chances of winning?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 8:59am Wouldn't it be wise when a player has an off week to make them Sub the week after and bring in someone fresh and in good form?
I think part of growing as a player is proving you can learn and bounce back from an off week.

Two off weeks in a row is another story.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 7:28am It's interesting how both Windy and Bytel are young in terms of age and games played and both have been made Sub several times.

Both players put in huge performances in the VFL which you'd normally think would be worthy of a call up to seniors, considering the fact that we've had our arse whipped by the Crows

Sometimes it's not about what you produce game day...or how well you perform at Sandringham

Sometimes it's about getting noticed on the training track and around the club during the week...AND I'm not talking about your kicking, running or intensity inside the weights room.

Windy needs to walk up to Ross and talk about something stupid or funny, then sledge him and point out that he still has a funny walk.

In other words, be a suck, and be his mate and it could make a difference. Personality is important and you have to build a relationship with the coach.

It's like any other workplace imo

It's important to see Ross as a person and not just your footy coach. The youngsters need to understand that, and perhaps....maybe....it could influence the coach.

It's easier for the senior players to do that because they have more life experience. Some of our senior players like Seb have kids, so that too helps Seb Ross the person relate to Ross Lyon the person
I’m sure there’s politics in footy I know there is
My advice to up and coming players wouldn’t be “be a suck”
I’m not sure RTB is that persuaded by that tbh
Meat n potatoes hard work types he likes

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

King’s comeback hardly rates a mention on AFL.con

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 8:59am So you are saying that all players have off days. I get that...

Wouldn't it be wise when a player has an off week to make them Sub the week after and bring in someone fresh and in good form?

Isn't that part of the art of good coaching and good management and maximising the team's chances of winning?
No

Choman

Hard to believe that when all the midfielders are fit then the order is
Steele
Crouch
Clark
Ross
Sinclair
Phillipou
Bytel
Windhager
Gresham

How does Phillipou get ahead of Windhager in midfield options

Come on Ross its not all about next year

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 12:32pm
Scollop wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 8:59am So you are saying that all players have off days. I get that...

No
That's fine. You're agreeing with Matthew Lloyd... I'm agreeing with Jimmy Bartel

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/news-2023- ... 558497c0e7

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 4:13pm
takeaway wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 12:32pm

No
That's fine. You're agreeing with Matthew Lloyd... I'm agreeing with Jimmy Bartel

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/news-2023- ... 558497c0e7
Thanks. Shawshank Redemption, my favourite movie.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So as predicted Paton, Bytel and Sharman are the outs.

I’d have preferred Bytel stay in the team and give Ross a rest or Steele if he’s really hampered with a niggle.

Pbly will be between Bytel and Coops for sub