Hunter Clark

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hunter Clark

[/quote]

" We have to make tough calls."

What a load of horse manure. You are not a club coach so you don't have to do anything. Talk about posters being up themselves.

Why don't you just enjoy watching these young players without making up stuff about them in your ignorance. Because that ignorance if f****** obvious to me.
[/quote]

Fact: Hunter Clark was put up for trade at season end 2022.

Fact: He would have been traded if North or another club would have given a top 10 pick for him.

Fact: He wasn't traded as NO CLUB thought he was worth that in a trade. (I wonder why?)

Fact: He was challenged by Lenny Hayes to improve his running/fitness to make it as a midfielder.

Fact: The most he has played in any game is 66% game time this year. That's sitting on the pine for 34% of the game or the equivalence of 40.8 minutes.

So he is not playing for more than an entire quarter of the game, how many midfields can continually carry that output?

I know you are elderly and I make allowances for you, but can you ease up on the abuse and swearing? If you actally read the replies in totallity and consider your reponses, they mighten be so emotionally charged.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 10:43pm
Rubyjo wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 10:30pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 7:57pm
saynta wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 7:30pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 6:27pm
Saintmike65 wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 6:21pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 6:14pm ....

I can't understand why certain posters can't just enjoy watching Clark and Gresham and our current success but feel the need to caste shade on these young players

This is powerful rhetoric.
I am taking note.

Don't understand....(creates uncertainty and emotional tension, a responsibility for the reader to make things more clear in future)
Certain posters ...(...adds vague and hazy fear..could it be me..oh no!)
But the killer punch is..
can't just enjoy (a,b,c) VS need to ('need to' suggests desperation and lack of control) do (x,y,z)

So in summary,

these posters.. (you know who you are!)

In a black and white frame there are only tywo choices in life. (a,b,c) OR (x,y,z)

i.e. you can't enjoy the Saints success AND post a query about the fitness or performance of players. You do either one OR the other. And being YOU, you can't BUT choose, due to your NEEDS , the (x,y,z) option, thereby admitting you cannot take (a,b,c) eg. you cannot be enjoying the Saints success, if you are casting a critical eye on the team.

It is good.

Lawyer stuff.
Jeeze ..go rub one out . Release the tension.
:wink: :wink: 8-)
THat is also good !

See ..
don't respond.

wait for another poster to make a derision..

and then pile on with a smile..

as if you (we all) knew all along.

brilliant!
It is rhetoric.
good.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 10:56pm
" We have to make tough calls."

What a load of horse manure. You are not a club coach so you don't have to do anything. Talk about posters being up themselves.

Why don't you just enjoy watching these young players without making up stuff about them in your ignorance. Because that ignorance is f****** obvious to me.
[/quote]

Fact: Hunter Clark was put up for trade at season end 2022.

Fact: He would have been traded if North or another club would have given a top 10 pick for him.

Fact: He wasn't traded as NO CLUB thought he was worth that in a trade. (I wonder why?)

Fact: He was challenged by Lenny Hayes to improve his running/fitness to make it as a midfielder.

Fact: The most he has played in any game is 66% game time this year. That's sitting on the pine for 34% of the game or the equivalence of 40.8 minutes.

So he is not playing for more than an entire quarter of the game, how many midfields can continually carry that output?

I know you are elderly and I make allowances for you, but can you ease up on the abuse and swearing? If you actally read the replies in totallity and consider your reponses, they mighten be so emotionally charged.
[/quote]

I for one am glad that Hunter is still with the club and the morons who tried to trade him are not. Otherwise I will stick with my earlier comments. I can appreciate that you guys need a whipping boy to make yourselves feel better and unfortunately poor Hunter seems to be it. For the moment anyway.

And enough with the elder abuse.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

In the first three games, my main concern with Clark is that, when there is a loose ball on the ground, he charges after it single-mindedly with seemingly no awareness of what is going on around him. This has led to his being smashed in the head in the past, and that will happen again unless he can somehow work on his peripheral vision.

To me, he is a natural half-back who happens to possess some of the disposal skills by hand that you would expect to see in a gun midfielder. We have no shortage of good half-backs at the club, but could certainly do with better ball-users in the midfield. Hence our interest in developing Clark into a midfielder. But for that to truly work, he would need not only to develop a greater ability to read what's going on around him, but also a more robust physique that allows him to exert a bit of physical presence. And he needs to improve his engine.

If he can't or won't improve these aspects of his game, he's going to end up as a half-back fighting for a permanent spot against others like Coffield and Stocker and Paton who might well have a little more to offer.

But he's had to combat a lot of injury. And, while he hasn't been on anybody's list of best players, he's made a good contribution in the first three games of the year. So hope springs.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Killa
Club Player

Three games in after a horrific run with injuries and Clark has played a midfield role in each

Lyon plays on how players train

Given that comment, by extension, Lyon does not gift games

So he does not test players out at the level - and he does not select players who are not fit

Therefore, also by extension, Clark is earning his spot - and is selected again for Round 4 (noting Bytel at Sandringham)

As I understand, North Melbourne approached St Kilda re Clark because the NM Coach rated him

As do St Kilda hence, as I understand, St Kilda responding that if you rate him the trade is Pick 3 to St Kilda so start from there

He remains at St Kilda - which was always going to be the case

Just because the serial assassin of St Kilda players on this site says (and repeats ad nauseas at every opportunity) does not mean this serial assassin on this site is correct - or anywhere near it

All he does is influence a pile on among some

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Serial assassin- haha 😂

I rate Clark - highly

I just reckon he could be even better if he was fitter!

He’s a poor runner, and lacks a bit of power.

Very good footballer
Creative and courageous

I agree he’s best 22
But also remember
Jones, Billings, Steele, Coffield, Webster

All injured

Pretty hard not to get a game at the minute

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I thought Clark was keen to get out because he cracked the sads and he wanted to play with his best mate at Norf, LDU.

Or was that a myth?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 08 Apr 2023 9:14am I thought Clark was keen to get out because he cracked the sads and he wanted to play with his best mate at Norf, LDU.

Or was that a myth?
Well - it wasn't a hit - so it must have been a myth

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 08 Apr 2023 8:40am Serial assassin- haha 😂

I rate Clark - highly

I just reckon he could be even better if he was fitter!

He’s a poor runner, and lacks a bit of power.

Very good footballer
Creative and courageous

I agree he’s best 22
But also remember
Jones, Billings, Steele, Coffield, Webster

All injured

Pretty hard not to get a game at the minute
When was the last time Jones Billings or Coffield were fit and in form, for longer than a month.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Interested in the criticism of Hunter's on field time.
Simplistic view: If there are 4 true mids/followers but only three can be on the field at once for balance doesn't that mean standard average game time would be 75% ( displaying my inability at complex math?).
So 66% as stated means Hunter is going about 9% less time than expected average vis a vis others who are veteran mids and battle hardened men: say Crouch, Ross, Gresh et al.
But then others are rotated through there like Mattheus and Windy, others?.
So 66% doesn't seem to indicate anything more than tactics, i.e. rather than fitness.
Plus the coaches may want to have an X-factor to inject at times that is a bit fresher?
Anyway, I think any criticism of Hunter re game time is micro nit picking looking for a pickee. I think Hunter is great and brave and been through a lot for the club: find it hard to understand other fans want to jump in to bag him.
Interesting the perspectives on here.

takeaway
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 08 Apr 2023 9:57am Interested in the criticism of Hunter's on field time.
Simplistic view: If there are 4 true mids/followers but only three can be on the field at once for balance doesn't that mean standard average game time would be 75% ( displaying my inability at complex math?).
So 66% as stated means Hunter is going about 9% less time than expected average vis a vis others who are veteran mids and battle hardened men: say Crouch, Ross, Gresh et al.
So 66% doesn't seem to indicate anything more than tactics, i.e. rather than fitness.
Plus the coaches may want to have an X-factor to inject at times that is a bit fresher?
Anyway, I think any criticism of Hunter re game time is micro nit picking looking for a pickee. I think Hunter is great and brave and been through a lot for the club: find it hard to understand other fans want to jump in to bag him.
Good post. I think Hunter is going quite well as a mid, actually played 70% vs Bulldogs. No doubt is not as battle hardened as a mid like Crouch etc, so you would expect less game time at this stage, also he provides a point of difference to all the other mids, plays the role differently which is a plus.

Was he really actively "put up" for trade? North made the first approach and plenty more, and as with all discussions between clubs, each club comes with a list of untouchables, with the rest possibly available for a trade if the offer is good enough. Clubs have different needs, and you might get an offer you can't refuse. Clark was obviously amongst the "rest" along with plenty of others. Saints held firm, wanted a low draft pick, if they really wanted him out they would have done a deal. Clark seems pretty happy under Ross.

There's a difference between suppositions and facts.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sat 08 Apr 2023 10:52am
Yorkeys wrote: Sat 08 Apr 2023 9:57am Interested in the criticism of Hunter's on field time.
Good post. I think Hunter is going quite well as a mid, actually played 70% vs Bulldogs. No doubt is not as battle hardened as a mid like Crouch etc, so you would expect less game time at this stage, also he provides a point of difference to all the other mids, plays the role differently which is a plus.

Was he really actively "put up" for trade? North made the first approach and plenty more, and as with all discussions between clubs, each club comes with a list of untouchables, with the rest possibly available for a trade if the offer is good enough. Clubs have different needs, and you might get an offer you can't refuse. Clark was obviously amongst the "rest" along with plenty of others. Saints held firm, wanted a low draft pick, if they really wanted him out they would have done a deal. Clark seems pretty happy under Ross.

There's a difference between suppositions and facts.
Glad to see a post re Clark from someone with a bit of football nous. Really sick of all the f****** negative bulls***. We are 3 zip at the moment and on top pf the ladder. Posters should be enjoying themselves

I have been posting here from well before the turn of the century and it has always been the same. A number of posters have had to have their own personal whipping boy. Raph and Seb being merely two of the earlier ones. Quite pathetic really.