What was on the audio?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: What was on the audio?

Scollop wrote: Sat 18 Mar 2023 7:35pm
The Fireman wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 7:09pm
1965 Saint wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 12:38pm I wouldn’t consider “I can’t take this group anywhere” to be innocuous. The implication is that we are years away and he’s not renowned for patience. It adds credence to the other post on potential deep cuts to the list. It wouldn’t engender a high degree of enthusiasm amongst the playing group and if you’re playing for your future you will likely be selfish, which is the last thing we need.
You maybe overthinking this
If you were a member of a team that the coach conveyed he couldn’t take you anywhere, would you buckle down along with your teammates and improve or would you drop your lip and go into your shell?
As I said this is a storm in a tea cup
I agree with you in regard to making too much of a fuss about what was said, but I remember when Richo was criticised by Jarryn Geary for being too negative.

Trust and confidence goes both ways. You have to show faith and trust in your players while they are part of the team.

Ross needs to stay ultra positive if he wants to be a successful coach and just take the ego, and self interest and emotion out of it.
id rather he was just honest

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Fri 17 Mar 2023 12:38pm I wouldn’t consider “I can’t take this group anywhere” to be innocuous. The implication is that we are years away and he’s not renowned for patience. It adds credence to the other post on potential deep cuts to the list. It wouldn’t engender a high degree of enthusiasm amongst the playing group and if you’re playing for your future you will likely be selfish, which is the last thing we need.
If you were a member of a team that the coach conveyed he couldn’t take you anywhere, would you buckle down along with your teammates and improve or would you drop your lip and go into your shell?
Spot on Firey
What are these players rose petals?? Ffs
Maybe he said “I can’t take this group anywhere….playing at this current level in the game”
Context is everything and if the effort was poor the players would want to know that
Not some condescending cuddle BS of the previous coaching group where everyone had a good chuckle with opposition after we were belted …
**** that
Some better toughen up or off they go for mine
Mediocrity out.

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sat 18 Mar 2023 8:22pm
I agree with you in regard to making too much of a fuss about what was said, but I remember when Richo was criticised by Jarryn Geary for being too negative.

Trust and confidence goes both ways. You have to show faith and trust in your players while they are part of the team.

Ross needs to stay ultra positive if he wants to be a successful coach and just take the ego, and self interest and emotion out of it.
He said he needed 12 months. Why was he writing them off in the first quarter of a praccy match?

Remember...this a match that we actually went on and played really well in.

He needs to take a leaf out of Banger and Boris's book and stay calm...it's a long road ahead 8-)

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 1:58am

He said he needed 12 months. Why was he writing them off in the first quarter of a praccy match?

He needs to take a leaf out of Banger and Boris's book and stay calm...it's a long road ahead 8-)
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Who cares what was said in the heat of the coaches box, even in a practice match?

Ross stay calm? No thanks, we want Ross to be Ross, hope he hasn't mellowed much. Leave it to Banger etc to exert a calming influence, if that is needed, they are only the assistants for a reason.

Players need a rocket every now and then and I hope Ross gives them one when needed, individually or as a group. Hasn't happened much in the recent past.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 8:15am

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Who cares what was said in the heat of the coaches box, even in a practice match?

Ross stay calm? No thanks, we want Ross to be Ross, hope he hasn't mellowed much. Leave it to Banger etc to exert a calming influence, if that is needed, they are only the assistants for a reason.

Players need a rocket every now and then and I hope Ross gives them one when needed, individually or as a group. Hasn't happened much in the recent past.
Right on cue. Welcome back takeaway :mrgreen:

Look, seriously…I agree that it’s ok for players to get a rocket every now and then. I just don’t agree with writing off the team in a praccy match in the first quarter

By the way…speaking of coaches giving players a spray…here’s some classic Rocket (Uncensored with language warning**) followed by Shepmates with a little tribute to Rodney Eade in the coach’s box

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Very funny, thanks for sharing Scollop.

Let Ross be Ross, good cop, bad cop. Harves, Lenny and Boris will smooth over any hurt feelings. If a player wants smoke blown up his clacker for being average then they can take off the St Kilda jumper.

It's been 4 months into a 4 year deal, too early to be jumping at shadows, let's wait for tomorrow to do that. Maybe even the end of 2023 and let's see who is left on the list.

In Ross We Trust...Amen 🙏

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 10:10am

In Ross We Trust...Amen 🙏
Not yet. :twisted: :evil:

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 8:15am

Yep club needs a reality check in what it takes to climb the mountain
Scott will have to do sane at Bombers …
I’m interested in Ross telling them how it is not cuddly cr@p

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Who really gives a tu'penny f*** what was on the audio. I for one certainly don't and neither does the captain