Kayo - not ok?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kayo - not ok?

Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 3:53pm
saynta wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 3:22pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 3:08pm
saynta wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 2:52pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 1:11pm
saynta wrote: Tue 07 Feb 2023 4:06pm Know nothing about kayo and am not interested in learning.

Why drive chinese crap when you have an Italian sports car.
This is one of the most inane things I've read on this forum...And if you've been around on here for a while, you'll know that's saying something.
To claim to know nothing about it and not want to is fine, but to then go and try to make an incorrect analogy is ridiculous.
If you're talking stricly about sports viewing, then Kayo is actually closer to the Italian sports car than the Chinese crap. Foxtel is like a P76 in comparison.

The minute someone challenges your closed mindedness, you resort to swearing and defensive posturing.
saynta wrote:Fox screens the whole 9 AFL games every week plus FI so I really don't get what the big deal is with f****** kayo.

ps I have a big screen tv...3 of them in fact.

And I would never enter a f****** sports bar. Why the f*** would I?
Good for you on all fronts. What a hero you are.

Just so you know...Kayo is, essentially, Foxtel, but for a fraction of the cost and none of the infrastructure. You can live stream all the same channels, plus replays and other sports not on Foxtel.
With the right interface, you can simultaneously stream up to four things at once. Can't do that with Foxtel.
Satellite/Cable TV is dying. It's old tech and will be phased out sooner rather than later.
Streaming services are the future.
I am not stupid Pal. Of course I know that kayo is part of Foxtel.

I have two boxes so can stream two games at the one time and record 4 other channels if I was a mind too, but of course I don't. So why the f*** would I want to watch/stream 4 things at once?

I am really only interested in Saints games but do watch others if they look like being OK.

You don't have to be rude and calling me a hero is f****** a bit rich, just because I prefer foxtell to some steaming service that keeps buffering all the time.

Foxtell is not dying anytime soon and frankly I could not give a rats toss bag for anything cable. :roll:

AFFSlso could not give a rats about costs. I worked for over 50 years so I could enjoy my retirement without having to penny pinch.

If that makes me a hero in your eyes, you certainly have bigger problems than me. :twisted: :roll: :roll:
OK Boomer! Again with the swearing!
You are a fair dinkum walking contradiction!
I don't know your generation and really don't give a f***, but what's with the name calling. I used to like your posts. I have never called you any names.

I certainly am not a boomer, baby or otherwise. And for the record, everyone f****** swears. It's an adult thing at least in the legal circles I used to mix. Don't you watch streaming services like Stan, Netflix or amazon. Swearing is a fact of life. Don't f****** like it, don't read my posts, and stop trying to censor me.
Of course I swear but don't feel the need to do it in such an aggressive form on a fan forum like you do. You drop the f word like a school kid that's just learned about the word.
I treat this forum like a public arena and am not disposed to just drop f bombs everywhere.

And if you've worked for over 50 years, then you would have to have been born prior to 1964, and if you were born after 1946, then you're a boomer!
I was born in 1945, I am definitely not a boomer as I keep saying.

As I said before if you don't like my posts, don't read them and stop trying to be a censor. Not your f****** job.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 09 Feb 2023 11:20am, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 8:30pm
saynta wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 11:50am
The_Dud wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 10:32am
saynta wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 9:59am
The_Dud wrote: Wed 08 Feb 2023 8:56am The usual untouchable posters doing nothing to dispel their "out of touch wealthy Boomer" stereotype, dropping curse words and homophobic slurs left and right, while the authorities look the other way.

Carry on, nothing to see here.
I should report your post, There were no homophobic slurs from me and I resent you implying that there were. An outright lie. Another poster can't say the same thing but I ignored his offensive post.

There was nothing in any of my posts that would cause the mods any angst while your post was clearly in breach, as was your mates.

And for the umteemth time I am not a f****** boomer. Never was. :roll: :roll:

Now I will go back to ignoring you, which I find far more enjoyable.
saynta wrote: Tue 07 Feb 2023 5:44pm ...pay 50 bucks plus for a pkt of fags
I don't care what terms for things were common in the 80s, that word is a slur, there's no debate. Feel free to use Urban Dictionary if you're confused...

You jump to abuse and swearing and :roll: as soon as someone tries to interact with anything you post.

Grow up Stinger.
Trust you to find a slur were non existed or was intended. Cigarettes have always been called fags in my neck of the wood. I think someone with an ounce of common sense would have noticed I said a pkt..short for packet. You really have a one track mind but then who else but you goes in to bat for f****** maggots.

You tell someone called stinger to grow up where it you who needs to grow up and mind your own f****** business and leave moderation/adjudication to the mods.

I have more important things to do at the moment than reply to inane posts from the likes of you
“Someone called stinger…”

You’re Stinger. You run two separate accounts. Remember?

Also you are the one who took a nickname for a former coach, ran to Urban Dictionary to invent a slur out of it, and then complained and got posters banned, or did you forget that too?

But using well known homophobic slurs on here? Nah go for it!

You are a stereotype, a cliche, the inspiration for dozens of Betoota articles. Using homophobic slurs regularly in your everyday life doesn’t surprise me at all.

And again your behaviour has derailed a thread. Repercussions? Nah, of course not.
Reinventing history again are we? You have a very sick mind.

And I didn't derail this thread . Posters like you engaging in personal insults and abuse did. Par for the course from you.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Kayo is great, streaming services are constantly improving, in the near future Foxtel will be 100% streaming (no dish) too, they already sell these kind of plans.

If I didn't currently have access to Foxtel I would be getting Kayo, at least for the footy season (and maybe NFL). The rest of the stuff on Foxtel is pretty rubbish, waste of money above the $30 for Kayo if you ask me 👍

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 11:07am

And I didn't derail this thread . Posters like you engaging in personal insults and abuse did. Par for the course from you.
Let's make it simple.

Are you Stinger? Yes or no.

Did you go to Urban Dictionary, search 'Cho' and then post the definition on here? Yes or no.

Did you complain about people then using that nickname for Richo? Yes or no.

The internet never forgets, we all know the answers to these questions, but if you're going to continue to lie at least this will make it (even more) clear and obvious.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 07 Feb 2023 6:53pm Fox screens the whole 9 AFL games every week plus FI so I really don't get what the big deal is with f****** kayo.

At $30 /month it’s more affordable than Foxtel. As I mentioned before, I just want what Foxtel has to offer in the way of sports. If I paid an extra $100 /month for Foxtel, it would a waste of money for me, as I don’t care for the non-sports channels on offer.

You have three big screen TVs, eh? Is that so you can watch them all simultaneously, one for each of your eyes (third one for your third eye)? Ommmmmmmm 🧘🏼‍♂️

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 11:58am
saynta wrote: Tue 07 Feb 2023 6:53pm Fox screens the whole 9 AFL games every week plus FI so I really don't get what the big deal is with f****** kayo.

At $30 /month it’s more affordable than Foxtel. As I mentioned before, I just want what Foxtel has to offer in the way of sports. If I paid an extra $100 /month for Foxtel, it would a waste of money for me, as I don’t care for the non-sports channels on offer.

You have three big screen TVs, eh? Is that so you can watch them all simultaneously, one for each of your eyes (third one for your third eye)? Ommmmmmmm 🧘🏼‍♂️
No. 1 in each of the Family room, Lounge room and bed room.

I was just stating that I didn't need kayo and I had enough options without it.

I can watch sport whilst my partner can watch whatever she wants. No friction here as to who controls the remote.

We like watching some foxtell shows, news etc as well as sport, so foxtell is the go for us, but whatever floats your boat.

I was just voicing an opinion as to my choice/preference and for that I copped a ton of abuse.

But hey this is SS so what else did I expect.

King Max
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 11:24am Kayo is great, streaming services are constantly improving, in the near future Foxtel will be 100% streaming (no dish) too, they already sell these kind of plans.

If I didn't currently have access to Foxtel I would be getting Kayo, at least for the footy season (and maybe NFL). The rest of the stuff on Foxtel is pretty rubbish, waste of money above the $30 for Kayo if you ask me 👍
We had an issue with our cable last year. Foxtel weren’t interested in fixing it. They just said we’ll send you out a new box and you can hook it up to the internet.

But we don’t have the sports package. I’ve been using Kayo since it started. And I’m only paying $15 a month through Telstra.

No problems with Foxtel since we have been streaming.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 11:30am

Let's make it simple.

Did you go to Urban Dictionary, search 'Cho' and then post the definition on here? Yes or no.

The internet never forgets, we all know the answers to these questions, but if you're going to continue to lie at least this will make it (even more) clear and obvious.
I don't lie but I have better things to do with my time that respond to stupid questions from you.

And as I said to one of your mates, I don't answer questions from posters I despise.

Last time I respond to you in this thread.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 12:34pm
The_Dud wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 11:24am Kayo is great, streaming services are constantly improving, in the near future Foxtel will be 100% streaming (no dish) too, they already sell these kind of plans.

We had an issue with our cable last year. Foxtel weren’t interested in fixing it. They just said we’ll send you out a new box and you can hook it up to the internet.

But we don’t have the sports package. I’ve been using Kayo since it started. And I’m only paying $15 a month through Telstra.

No problems with Foxtel since we have been streaming.
Cable? Don't know what that is about as our foxtel has always been received via a sat disk. But if you are happy with kayo, good for you. We are more than happy with foxtel. :D :D

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Great! Finally free speech is allowed to flourish on SS.

Anyone want to chat about the efficacy of the Covid vaccine and corrupt governmenta introducing mandates?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 1:27pm Great! Finally free speech is allowed to flourish on SS.

Anyone want to chat about the efficacy of the Covid vaccine and corrupt governmenta introducing mandates?
Ah. no.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

therabbitinthehat wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 6:33am Jump on ozbargain.com.au and look for the free month stuff - they hand them out like candy, a lot of them through uber eats and delivery services.

I've had in-season subscriptions for 3 years and never paid a cent for it, I just cancel in off-season as I rarely use it for anything but the games.
I've looked on there. What the go with people sharing accounts? Surely some bozo will just change your email address and password??

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 12:48pm

Let's make it simple.

I don't lie but I have better things to do with my time that respond to stupid questions from you.

And as I said to one of your mates, I don't answer questions from posters I despise.

Thanks Stinger, that gives all the answers we need.

Apologies to st.byron for the diversion from the thread topic.

guitars4
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 3:31pm
saynta wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 12:48pm

Let's make it simple.

Thanks Stinger, that gives all the answers we need.

Apologies to st.byron for the diversion from the thread topic.
I was hoping SB would have shut it down earlier to save the other SS followers the tit for tat response but I suppose we are all adults & we can just choose to avoid the post

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 12:11pm
Sainternist wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 11:58am

No. 1 in each of the Family room, Lounge room and bed room.

I was just stating that I didn't need kayo and I had enough options without it.

I can watch sport whilst my partner can watch whatever she wants. No friction here as to who controls the remote.

We like watching some foxtell shows, news etc as well as sport, so foxtell is the go for us, but whatever floats your boat.

I was just voicing an opinion as to my choice/preference and for that I copped a ton of abuse.

But hey this is SS so what else did I expect.
You don’t need to justify your viewing choices to me, mate. I’m all for people choosing for themselves. Kayo is just an affordable alternative to going all out on getting Foxtel when you only want their sports channels. I hope I didn’t contribute to the ton of abuse you’re claiming you copped. Honestly, I was just joking about the three TVs and the third eye because someone else mentioned a split screen with games being played simultaneously.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
therabbitinthehat
Club Player

Munga wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 1:57pm
therabbitinthehat wrote: Thu 09 Feb 2023 6:33am Jump on ozbargain.com.au and look for the free month stuff - they hand them out like candy, a lot of them through uber eats and delivery services.

I've had in-season subscriptions for 3 years and never paid a cent for it, I just cancel in off-season as I rarely use it for anything but the games.
I've looked on there. What the go with people sharing accounts? Surely some bozo will just change your email address and password??
No idea with the account sharing thing, but for a while you could watch on multiple outlets using the same login so not surprised. Usually it's telstra, or uber eats, or those types offering the free month thing

Rubyjo
Club Player

I've given out my foxtel log in to 5 different people ..for free ..they don't need kayo or a fox subscription...you need friends like me.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 07 Feb 2023 9:00pm this thread is like blankety blanks

can I buy a vowel ?
Buying a vowel was on Wheel of Fortune. :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: Fri 10 Feb 2023 6:05pm
The Fireman wrote: Tue 07 Feb 2023 9:00pm this thread is like blankety blanks

can I buy a vowel ?
Buying a vowel was on Wheel of Fortune. :lol:
Cyril said ..."

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Does Foxtel have the "turning point " adds, or is it just KO? Watching guys deluded about body image is a bit disorientating do you think?