How long before happy Lyon cracks it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: How long before happy Lyon cracks it

Vortex wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 7:46pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 7:20pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 5:18pm My source tells me RTB has been on the rampage.

No one has been spared.

No one.

Told certain players to pull their fingers out and do the extra work. If it’s good enough for Nat Fyfe, it’s good enough for you.

Told a star of the team to get off the sauce.

Gave it to a young player who has yet to fulfil his potential by telling him to buy a house in Sandy to save on petrol because that’s where they’ll be playing for the year. Said player cancelled hols to do extra training.
Thanks for sharing Pav
Goddard alluded to some stark messages indicating that yes, Ross has mellowed, but doesn’t mean his lost the ability to call a spade.
If that’s the case I suspect standards must’ve been woeful
We’ve already seen Hill come out and blitz 3km trial…last year he had a guts for most of the year
What a difference a PROFESSIONAL coach makes to the place
Will sone players nit like it and leave? Very possible…they may be better in environments where they’re treated “special “
Not under Lyon.
Music to my ears.
What's your address Teffers, I've got a connection at the club I can call to organise for an autographed photo of Ross to be sent to you. Would you like full size?
Prefer to chat over the online first that’s how I get all my girls…..
Give me a buzz: 1800 TROLL

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 5:18pm My source tells me RTB has been on the rampage.

No one has been spared.

No one.

Told certain players to pull their fingers out and do the extra work. If it’s good enough for Nat Fyfe, it’s good enough for you.

Gave it to a young player who has yet to fulfil his potential by telling him to buy a house in Sandy to save on petrol because that’s where they’ll be playing for the year. Said player cancelled hols to do extra training.
Thanks for sharing Pav
Goddard alluded to some stark messages indicating that yes, Ross has mellowed, but doesn’t mean his lost the ability to call a spade.
We’ve already seen Hill come out and blitz 3km trial…last year he had a guts for most of the year
Will sone players nit like it and leave? Very possible…they may be better in environments where they’re treated “special “
Not under Lyon.
Music to my ears.
This is not surprising. A few months back an ITK said that RTB was going to put the heat on a few players. He then said he expected that a few would NOT be able to meet his high standards.

I wouldn’t call it abuse either. More like home truths and saying what needs to be said.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

No one has been spared.

No one.

Finally some of these players have had the burners put under them. Holding their hands obviously hasnt worked, so its nice to hear they have been told what standards are required. The 'buy a house in Sandi' statement is exactly the stuff RTB is synonymous for - brilliant.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 7:53pm

No one has been spared.

No one.

Thanks for sharing Pav
Not under Lyon.
Music to my ears.
What's your address Teffers, I've got a connection at the club I can call to organise for an autographed photo of Ross to be sent to you. Would you like full size?
Ahhh and therein lies the beauty of anonymous posting, someone can reveal something about themselves to confuse you even more about what their true identity might be.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Pav - nothing like a good ole burn from the coach

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 8:34pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 7:53pm

No one has been spared.

No one.

Thanks for sharing Pav
Not under Lyon.
Music to my ears.
Ahhh and therein lies the beauty of anonymous posting, someone can reveal something about themselves to confuse you even more about what their true identity might be.
Ok…just getting weird now
This is a safe place.
That should extend to Trolls
Let’s leave it there shall we so the rest of the forum is spared more of your boring wit or amateur hour psychoanalysis….it’s kinda creepy..

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

If someone told me to buy a house in Sandy

I’d call him a smart arsed c***! And he can get fkd

Regardless of who he was

That pathetic communication from a leader

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 10:31pm If someone told me to buy a house in Sandy

Regardless of who he was

Oh dear…
I suspect it’s more Frankston they’d direct you cause you wouldn’t get within a bulls roar of an elite AFL list dreamer
And if you think Clarkson, Matthews, Sheedy, Malthouse etc haven’t said worse to their players you have no idea
I think you liked ole cuddles ….that got us nowhere..,

“Yeah….nah””
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

In the pre-season training that I saw, for 1-3's, the men driving standards were Wilkie, Wood, and Campbell, because they were there. Not on holidays.

Wilkie is clearly Captain material. It sticks out a mile. He spoke to the fans after training on all occasions and spoke like a leader.

He spoke of how quickly things can turn around, as they did in his last 2 years in Adelaide for him and North Adelaide from bottom to top and then St.Kilda gave jim.an opportunity to take the game on professionally.

He hasn't looked back or taken a single wrong step.

All due respect to Steele, he had to be talked into it. It was the obvious right call to make him Captain, but he had to be talked into it.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Wilkie as Captain?

Why not

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 10:31pm If someone told me to buy a house in Sandy

Regardless of who he was

Context is everything but nonetheless, a calm, mature and proportionate response.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

It’s not the 1980’s and that sort of crap doesn’t cut it in leadership

I’ll guarantee that Lyon never said that, and if he did, he won’t last as coach.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 7:17pm
saynta wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 7:06pm
B.M wrote: Mon 09 Jan 2023 7:02pm SaintPav

I struggle to believe any of that

He’ll lose the group before R1 if correct
I have to agree with you.

The era of abusive coaches is long gone.
Lol abusive coach cause he demands players lift standards that were clearly appallingly low.
No wonder this club has 1 flag in 150 years..,lol
It’s a joke that supporters are only content as long as we “don’t upset our individual champions” cause we’ve had few champions teams as a result
Weak.
Once again you choose to misinterpret a post in order to belittle and to abuse a fellow poster.

What I was implying was that secondhand hearsay from an unknown source was unlikely to be true. :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Apparently, the player got the message and cancelled their holidays to do extra training sessions.

Sometimes the end justifies the means.

It was a good outcome for all parties.

Nice one RTB.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

So a player can’t go on a holiday in a break period?

Still don’t believe anything close to that was said.

Maybe you’d say it to the group?

But to single someone out with a threat… wouldn’t happen

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Not if he's been loafing the last few years and the coach has given him a rocket.

But okay, he didn't say any of this. None of this happened.

Happy?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 10:01am
What I was implying was that secondhand hearsay from an unknown source was unlikely to be true. :roll:
I once posted that a player's dad told my best mate in his own home which just happens to be in the next street here that player was looking elsewhere because he couldn't get a game and that he should get a game. For some strange reason, you failed to believe that as well.

Interesting.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 9:57am It’s not the 1980’s and that sort of crap doesn’t cut it in leadership

I’ll guarantee that Lyon never said that, and if he did, he won’t last as coach.
I think you need to keep it in perspective - the comment, if this is reasonably correct is pbly part of a larger context.

Something like this.

Player X, you haven’t hit any of the bench marks that you set out to in the off-season. In fact, not only did you fail, you’re not even close. You need to pull your finger out right now and do the work otherwise you may as well buy a house etc etc because you’re nowhere near it and frankly, you might not be around for much longer.

I doubt he just made a smart ass’d comment

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 11:38am
I once posted that a player's dad told my best mate in his own home which just happens to be in the next street here that player was looking elsewhere because he couldn't get a game and that he should get a game. For some strange reason, you failed to believe that as well.

Interesting.
Try adding some rolly eye emojis

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 11:38am

Interesting.
I don' remember that SaintPav but I am well aware that lawyers will tell you that the evidentiary value of heresay statements is zero, zilch especially were the source is unknown. So afraid in this instance I can't apologise but am sorry if I upset you. Not my intention.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It's not a court of law and I am not the one who is upset.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 3:28pm It's not a court of law and I am not the one who is upset.
It’s the vibe Pav …it’s all wrong…
Thanks for sharing ignore the doubters
You’ll find here when some lack the ability to muster an original, independent thought that it’s far easier for them to just comment/pot shot others for offering something (after all we all come here to share..no one I’ve read here is AFL connected….despite their dreams).
Anyway, sounds like 1-0 RTB long May it continue
Abs if you read the BF training feedback from others attending it’s pretty clear the mood down there is extremely positive, lots of instruction/encouragement and less little weird things like Ratts/Lade playing games with other assistants while rest of the team tried to train or no “let’s all sing songs together” (even after we got a spanking ..
the whole pace appears to have lifted professionally and thank god fir that.

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 10:45am Not if he's been loafing the last few years and the coach has given him a rocket.

Happy?
Come on down Hunter Clark

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 4:56pm
SaintPav wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 10:45am Not if he's been loafing the last few years and the coach has given him a rocket.

Happy?
Interesting on Clark I read yesterday apparently no matter what he does in gym doesn’t translate to muscle (unlike Windhager) however Clark when he tackles hits you as one of the hardest at the club
I actually think, looking at training pics only, he appears to have put in beef around thighs/arse ….all great mids have that “hard to drag down in a tackle” quality
I’m praying he turns it on Clark
Bytel is the other apparently loving Lenny/Ross support ..what a change!

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 5:03pm
st.byron wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 4:56pm

Happy?
Interesting on Clark I read yesterday apparently no matter what he does in gym doesn’t translate to muscle (unlike Windhager) however Clark when he tackles hits you as one of the hardest at the club
I actually think, looking at training pics only, he appears to have put in beef around thighs/arse ….all great mids have that “hard to drag down in a tackle” quality
I’m praying he turns it on Clark
Bytel is the other apparently loving Lenny/Ross support ..what a change!
Pure speculation on my part. Might be HC or someone else. And yep based on the training reports, what a change appears to have happened. Very happy to read Bytel is in the thick of training for mid set-ups at CBs. May we see the best of him. Sounds like training is so much more focused and directed and if what Pav posted about RTB dishing out rockets is true, halle-f*****-lujah. Surely that would be something the young fellas like Bytel for e.g would see as a massive change. No more favourites or coasting. Put in or piss off equates to equal opportunity. I love it.