I believe the delisting of Savage is a mistake.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: I believe the delisting of Savage is a mistake.

st.byron wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 3:23pm Am entertained by the evolution of the rat’s tossbag.
No evolution afaic. That has been my saying for years.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

repta wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 3:36pm THe salary cap must be getting tight for the Saints, with big money going to Hanneberry, Hill, Couch etc
Also with the emergence of next next tier (Clarke, Wilke, Battle, King ,Coffield) they would be looking at future planning.
Cant afford to dump Dmac for someone like Savage. All it would do is use up valuable salary cap space for mediocre players.

Savage is just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Cant see him being rookied.
WRONG.

As I said above, if we pay him out now it would go into this years salary cap (TPP). :idea:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ol’ Stinger used to say it
.. a lot , as i remember things

... reckon he should get the kudos ay

:P

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 7:32pm ol’ Stinger used to say it

Yes you’re right. I think that Stinger guy used to say that. I remember it as just a rat’s tossbag. Then the rat became fat and now it’s also half eaten.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 6:19am one feels its safe to say
... no offer of two years wages in advance
has been made
for said player to find something else to do with his days
... unencumbered

who in their right mind
would not take that ?
Perhaps someone who still feels he something to offer in the seniors and is desperate to get a shot at it.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
damienc
Club Player

If he can't get a game, what is the point of keeping him? He's not a development project or a green kid trying to make it.

Savage is an established AFL footballer, who thanks to an influx of major new talent, can no longer hold a regular spot in our team.

I think that is pretty much the long and the short. I would have thought.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 9:03pm
has been made
... unencumbered

who in their right mind
would not take that ?
Perhaps someone who still feels he something to offer in the seniors and is desperate to get a shot at it.
gaz finds himself ... of no speech

hmmm

there’s a certain ‘self belief’ in that scenario
thats impressive

with a new contract negotiated in 2 years
or not ... as long term motivation

hmmmmm

a teaser.

good morning to you too Mr Burns
:)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 7:57pm
asiu wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 7:32pm ol’ Stinger used to say it

Yes you’re right. I think that Stinger guy used to say that. I remember it as just a rat’s tossbag. Then the rat became fat and now it’s also half eaten.
he’s been ... hairy arsed

ace
Saintsational Legend

Damn it Gags, offer Savage a rookie contract immediately.
He can be retained if he refuses other clubs offers to senior list him.
Now he doesn't have to go through any draft process.
A rookie or a senior list it doesn't really matter except $80,000 of a rookie contract does not count against the salary cap.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 8:01am
Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 9:03pm
has been made
... unencumbered

who in their right mind
would not take that ?
gaz finds himself ... of no speech

hmmm

there’s a certain ‘self belief’ in that scenario
thats impressive

with a new contract negotiated in 2 years
or not ... as long term motivation

hmmmmm

a teaser.

good morning to you too Mr Burns
:)
He has nothing to gain in his headspace by leaving, nothing at all.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 10:57am Who said we were trying to dump Ross apart from a few fake ITK's on this site. Certainly the saints admin weren't.

That's the sort of bulls*** posting posing as fact that makes trade week so unbearable on this forum
If you think the Saints weren't trying to dump Ross (and others' salaries) in a bid to get Treloar then you're even more blindly loyal and naïve than first thought. Very few players are off-limits. Who would've thought Treloar was treadeable on day 1 of trade period?

Of course St Kilda was never going to say - after they couldn't get it done - "look, we tried to get rid of a few players but other clubs wouldn't take their salary cost on because they're not worth what we're paying them".

How 'bout you look at it logically for once - a 27 yo - 2 time B & F winning midfielder - should walk into every other teams' midfield group. And yet - no takers. And that's for one of two reasons - either the skill-set doesn't hit the level and/or the cost to acquire that skill-set doesn't match the output.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 10:46am
saynta wrote: Tue 24 Nov 2020 10:57am Who said we were trying to dump Ross apart from a few fake ITK's on this site. Certainly the saints admin weren't.

That's the sort of bulls*** posting posing as fact that makes trade week so unbearable on this forum
If you think the Saints weren't trying to dump Ross (and others' salaries) in a bid to get Treloar then you're even more blindly loyal and naïve than first thought. Very few players are off-limits. Who would've thought Treloar was treadeable on day 1 of trade period?

Of course St Kilda was never going to say - after they couldn't get it done - "look, we tried to get rid of a few players but other clubs wouldn't take their salary cost on because they're not worth what we're paying them".

How 'bout you look at it logically for once - a 27 yo - 2 time B & F winning midfielder - should walk into every other teams' midfield group. And yet - no takers. And that's for one of two reasons - either the skill-set doesn't hit the level and/or the cost to acquire that skill-set doesn't match the output.
There were no takers matty boy because he was never f****** offered and you can take that as read.

Gives me the s***s that certain posters who originally claimed that Seb was no good and should be traded , ..to the f****** drug cheats, no less.. :roll:...have gotten their knickers in a knot ever since he started winning trevor barker medals and they continue to denigrate him to this day. Never given any praise on here, ...or votes ...despite coming in the top ten in the B and F once again. :roll:

Don't believe me? Have a look at the votes on SS compared to the votes that got him 10th spot in the B&f

Anyway, Treloar has issues and the saints were aware of them and not were simply not interested in him..
Last edited by saynta on Wed 25 Nov 2020 1:17pm, edited 2 times in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

except ... freedom and pockets overflowing with fun coupons

Sanctorum
Club Player

Or the Collingwood story that they feared with his wife and baby living in Qld Treloar would have issues in dealing with the separation in 2021, which like it or not is a real possibility in this modern age of shared parenting.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 10:56am except ... freedom and pockets overflowing with fun coupons
money would most likely be gone before the 2 years owing, when the cost of real life living sets in, after the freedom wears off and the lifestyle turns to s***.
AFL Retirement at 25, sounds like a slow death in hell. I guess he could just get a regular job or learn to kick straight on the run.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 10:56am

There were no takers matty boy because he was never f****** offered and you can take that as read.

Gives me the s***s that certain posters who originally claimed that Seb was no good and should be traded , ..to the f****** drug cheats, no less.. :roll:...have gotten their knickers in a knot ever since he started winning trevor barker medals and continue to denigrate him to this day. Never given any praise on here, ...or votes ...despite coming in the top ten in the B and F once again. :roll:

Anyway, Treloar has issues and the saints were aware of them and not interested.
I take your point but, blind loyalty to Seb is unhealthy. For the record, I thought Seb was awful in patches this year until given a role and then was largely quite effective (except that awful night on Tim Kelly). In fact, Seb was heaps better towards to the end of the year and played a good 1st final against the Dogs.

That said - I don't see where there's a regular spot for him in 2021. Crouch replaces him and the best I can see for Seb is that Hannebery is injured - then he comes in as cover.

Go you red, black & white warriors
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I doubt we were ever seriously after Treloar. Too many questions about why he was leaving. Thinking that it was all because Buckley is an a*****le is naive.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @ learn to kick straight on the run

certainly easier than getting a real job
... in theory

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 12:12pm
saynta wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 10:56am

Gives me the s***s that certain posters who originally claimed that Seb was no good and should be traded , ..to the f****** drug cheats, no less.. :roll:...have gotten their knickers in a knot ever since he started winning trevor barker medals and continue to denigrate him to this day. Never given any praise on here, ...or votes ...despite coming in the top ten in the B and F once again. :roll:

Anyway, Treloar has issues and the saints were aware of them and not interested.
I take your point but, blind loyalty to Seb is unhealthy. For the record, I thought Seb was awful in patches this year until given a role and then was largely quite effective (except that awful night on Tim Kelly). In fact, Seb was heaps better towards to the end of the year and played a good 1st final against the Dogs.

That said - I don't see where there's a regular spot for him in 2021. Crouch replaces him and the best I can see for Seb is that Hannebery is injured - then he comes in as cover.
We will see and time will tell if one of us is right.

Makes me wanna laugh at all the really "blind" supporters who for some reason believe that the saints will have their best 22 players fit and available for selection for all of the 22 rounds plus finals in 2021.

For mine, what you call blind loyalty, I call common sense, a little knowledge and football nous :wink: :wink: .

saynta
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 12:26pm I doubt we were ever seriously after Treloar. Too many questions about why he was leaving. Thinking that it was all because Buckley is an a*****le is naive.
At last someone with a bit of common sense.

The posters on here are full of rightful praise for our list management team, yet are falling over themselves looking for reasons why we didn't recruit Treloar.

If our guys wanted him, going on past performances, you would think they would have got the deal done.

The reality is more than likely they just weren't interested. And for good reason.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 1:32pm
meher baba wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 12:26pm I doubt we were ever seriously after Treloar. Too many questions about why he was leaving. Thinking that it was all because Buckley is an a*****le is naive.

The posters on here are full of rightful praise for our list management team, yet are falling over themselves looking for reasons why we didn't recruit Treloar.

If our guys wanted him, going on past performances, you would think they would have got the deal done.

The reality is more than likely they just weren't interested. And for good reason.
WRONG. The reality is that they did want him. Unfortunately they could not offload Dunstan, McKenzie and to a lesser extent Lonie. If they could have then there would have been enough room in the TPP and we would have traded for him.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 2:11pm

WRONG. The reality is that they did want him. Unfortunately they could not offload Dunstan, McKenzie and to a lesser extent Lonie. If they could have then there would have been enough room in the TPP and we would have traded for him.
Where is your proof. You posting that has no credibility with me and doesn't make it so. :wink: :wink: :wink:

SaintPelican66
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 2:37pm

Where is your proof. You posting that has no credibility with me and doesn't make it so. :wink: :wink: :wink:
You know it's true Saynta with a capital S. You also know we go way back. 8-) 8-) 8-)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

so

... not enough room in player payments to recruit
mr treloar but then we should have paid out mr mckenzie
to keep mr savage

ok

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 2:56pm
saynta wrote: Wed 25 Nov 2020 2:37pm

You know it's true Saynta with a capital S. You also know we go way back. 8-) 8-) 8-)
You and me go way back? What utter rubbish. Stop peddling s*** or piss off back to big shitty ffs. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: