Treloar bombshell

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Treloar bombshell

let me guess

the Wobblers are playing the health ‘n welfare
card over his life

is he aboriginal ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Vortex wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 9:27am
CarlD wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 9:22am https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/repor ... fdde0d6631

If this story is correct then Collingwood have managed to take it to the next level.
I can see it from 5 sides, Adams, his partners, their new baby's, Collingswood's and any potential suitor for Adams services.

And there is a lot of money involved, so when you throw that all into the mix, Adam is in a bind.
I think out of all those parties ... Adam is in the least of a bind. He's going to get his money come hell or high water - whether it's all from Collingwood or some from them and most from someone else. His worst case is that he ends up with tons of cash but not playing at Collingwood. Not one part of this is his fault - he's also got the public sentiment pulling hard his way.

Go you red, black & white warriors
damienc
Club Player

Ok. The Treloar situation is starting to get interesting.

Both Queensland clubs have passed on him. Clearly the filth don't want him.

Are we now in the market for him? Would we want him? Could we afford him if the filth pay part of his salary? Would he add something to our list?

These are questions worth asking in my view, now that the Suns and Lions are no longer suitors.

CarlD
Club Player

The opportunity for a club to screw Collingwood to the wall could be looming :D

SaintJohno
Club Player

Would you rate Treloar over Crouch? If so, offer Crouch what we want to pay him (600K) giving Adelaide a shite compensation. They either take it or not. If he stays at Adelaide, no probs, we go for Treloar and the Pies pay for some of his wage. Maybe Adelaide baulk and are forced to take what they can get for him and we get both.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

CarlD wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:57am The opportunity for a club to screw Collingwood to the wall could be looming :D
Feck yeah. Screw them for everything they've got. Eddie and his Kents deserve to be punished. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ace
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 10:55am Ok. The Treloar situation is starting to get interesting.

Are we now in the market for him? Would we want him? Could we afford him if the filth pay part of his salary? Would he add something to our list?

These are questions worth asking in my view, now that the Suns and Lions are no longer suitors.
Clearly the filth don't want TO PAY HIM HIS CONTRACT.
Quite reasonably he refuses to allow Collingwood to rip him off by halving his back ended contract.
Surely he understands that Collingwood only promised to pay him the big bucks later to get him to move to Collingwood in the first place.
Collingwood never intended to pay the consequences of a rear ended contract.
I wonder why Collingwood are known as the FILTH.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohno wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:59am Would you rate Treloar over Crouch? If so, offer Crouch what we want to pay him (600K) giving Adelaide a shite compensation. They either take it or not. If he stays at Adelaide, no probs, we go for Treloar and the Pies pay for some of his wage. Maybe Adelaide baulk and are forced to take what they can get for him and we get both.
You are right in that both clubs are trying to shove the player out the door but I think the motives are different.
Adelaide are salivating at the prospect of pick No 2 and if they get it will not want any picks.
Collingwood just want to dump a player because they have massive salary cap problems.
They would want our first round pick, next years first round pick and more.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 10:55am Ok. The Treloar situation is starting to get interesting.

This is all dreamy stuff right now but if we were to land him I think I'd go nude for a week.

As I say it's a humungous IF and it is dreamy, BUT if we allow ourselves to dream for a very small moment, can you imagine how good our midfield is looking with Adam in it.

I'm standing ready to nude up.

On a side note...where does the cabbage come from for a comp that is about to enter it's most significant economic correction in the history of the comp, and for a club that will be in debt well in excess of $12 million dollars by the time the anual accounts are processed. And we still haven't solved the small issue of where does the revenue come from.

johnearljames
Club Player

Eddie refuses to discuss Treloar. Weak as piss Eddie when its your clubs turn.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
damienc
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 1:09pm

This is all dreamy stuff right now but if we were to land him I think I'd go nude for a week.

As I say it's a humungous IF and it is dreamy, BUT if we allow ourselves to dream for a very small moment, can you imagine how good our midfield is looking with Adam in it.

On a side note...where does the cabbage come from for a comp that is about to enter it's most significant economic correction in the history of the comp, and for a club that will be in debt well in excess of $12 million dollars by the time the anual accounts are processed. And we still haven't solved the small issue of where does the revenue come from.
Please dont. :D

saynta
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 1:27pm

Please dont. :D
I second that.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

What does our revenue have to do with the salary cap?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood want him out theres no way a clubs giving them market value in a trade. It will be very much in the favor of the club taking them now Collingwood have declared their hand.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Lennylegs
Club Player

The whole "hard to coach" thing with Treloar is such an indictment on Buckley and Collingwood's coaching staff. That's on them, not the player. Good coaching works towards a player's strength. It doesn't cut the player when things get hard, especially when you've invested so much time and money into said player.

If you can't get the best out of a player who's as talented as Treloar, then you're kidding yourself as a coach.

It's different when a player is outwardly disregarding club rules and culture. Then trade them, by all means. But as far as I can tell, Treloar is fully engaged and loves Collingwood. Surely the club can work with that.

There's a stench of death emanating out of Collingwood and I love it.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Lennylegs wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:16pm The whole "hard to coach" thing with Treloar is such an indictment on Buckley and Collingwood's coaching staff. That's on them, not the player. Good coaching works towards a player's strength. It doesn't cut the player when things get hard, especially when you've invested so much time and money into said player.

If you can't get the best out of a player who's as talented as Treloar, then you're kidding yourself as a coach.

It's different when a player is outwardly disregarding club rules and culture. Then trade them, by all means. But as far as I can tell, Treloar is fully engaged and loves Collingwood. Surely the club can work with that.

It's really painted the club into a corner that is a no win situation potentially. If they work it that Treloar stays you'd have to think he'd hold on to some magnitude of resentment. I'm still scratching my head as to which side leaked the "hard to coach" claim and why. I'm not ruling out Treloar was the leaker to his colleagues and friends at Fox footy. If he didn't leak then does he have issue with said colleagues and friends.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Lennylegs wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:16pm The whole "hard to coach" thing with Treloar is such an indictment on Buckley and Collingwood's coaching staff. That's on them, not the player. Good coaching works towards a player's strength. It doesn't cut the player when things get hard, especially when you've invested so much time and money into said player.

Ah...the stench.

But I would be excited if Treloar comes to us, despite the hammies. If he plays 12 games, we’d be a better team for it.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

whats Bangers role in this then ?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:29pm whats Bangers role in this then ?
Well have Banger and Treloar. Take em both.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

bring the midfield coach AND
the guy whose difficult to ... ummmm , coach

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:56pm
asiu wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:29pm whats Bangers role in this then ?
Well have Banger and Treloar. Take em both.
Maybe they do not get on.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So not as active as last year...

Just the three additions: Crouch, Treloar and Higgins and we lose Dunstan, Webster, and Lonie. What a great off-season it’s shaping up to be.

May as well give us the cup in April

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 7:00pm So not as active as last year...

Just the three additions: Crouch, Treloar and Higgins and we lose Dunstan, Webster, and Lonie. What a great off-season it’s shaping up to be.

Ha ha.

Gold

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

You left out TT.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 7:51pm

You left out TT.
Now that would be ridiculous