Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:02am
George27 wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 7:16pm
CURLY wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 7:14pm
George27 wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 7:12pm I disagree totally. He has flagged the issue weeks ago.

When my wife into early labour with one of our children, I was in the middle of a work meeting. The call came through, I told everyone I had to leave, and I did . Was present at the birth - the most wonderful moments of my life. Way more important than my job . Same for Jake. Best wishes to him and his family.

Completely different.
Not at all. He is an employee , just as I was . His primary duty is to his family, not to you or me. Let the man live his life.
That's fine. If he wants to live his life he can hand back his wages. He is a selfish coked up turd who is becoming a Father. I feel sorry for the kid.
Ridiculous post.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saynta
Saintsational Legend

George27 wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 7:16pm
CURLY wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 7:14pm
George27 wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 7:12pm I disagree totally. He has flagged the issue weeks ago.

When my wife into early labour with one of our children, I was in the middle of a work meeting. The call came through, I told everyone I had to leave, and I did . Was present at the birth - the most wonderful moments of my life. Way more important than my job . Same for Jake. Best wishes to him and his family.

Completely different.
Not at all. He is an employee , just as I was . His primary duty is to his family, not to you or me. Let the man live his life.
That's fine. If he wants to live his life he can hand back his wages. He is a selfish coked up turd who is becoming a Father. I feel sorry for the kid.
Disgraceful f****** post. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:03am
The_Dud wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 9:57am
CURLY wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 9:40am
Moods wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 9:35am
Laurie wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 9:19am Pull your head in Curly family comes before football.
There are those on here who want him traded at ywars end and now questioning why he is leaving to be at the birth of his child.

Boom Boom
I hear this phrase a lot. ‘Family comes before footy ‘
It’s very emotive and designed to automatically make the reader feel uncomfortable if they don’t agree.

Just interested then. The birth of a child, whilst a huge occasion. Is it more important developmentally than say a kids first day of school? Miss a final because you’re interstate and miss the first day of school?

Its the trend its the thing to be seen doing. Trust me we add no value being in there.
Speak for yourself Curly.

That says more about you than Carlisle.

It's 2020, the age of the dinosaurs is over.

My kids are 16 and 14. No chance my wife would expect me to miss a AFL final to be there. Think for yourselves rather than being sheep.
Again, that says more about your usefulness than anyone else's.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Laurie wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 9:19am Pull your head in Curly family comes before football.
There are those on here who want him traded at ywars end and now questioning why he is leaving to be at the birth of his child.

Boom Boom
It’s very emotive and designed to automatically make the reader feel uncomfortable if they don’t agree.

Just interested then. The birth of a child, whilst a huge occasion. Is it more important developmentally than say a kids first day of school? Miss a final because you’re interstate and miss the first day of school?

Its the trend its the thing to be seen doing. Trust me we add no value being in there.

My kids are 16 and 14. No chance my wife would expect me to miss a AFL final to be there. Think for yourselves rather than being sheep.
Maybe he's thinking for himself rather than doing what his wife tells him! Could just be that he wants to be there - he's been at the birth of his other kids and played other games of football so presumably he knows the choice he's making. Or hang on - could it be that those pesky umpires are paying him off?! ;)

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:06am

Boom Boom

Yep had a job all my life, coached every sporting team my sons been in been to every sports event theyve played every school event every dance concert. Driven them all over the state. Been there every day and moment possible. Yep very unuseful. Arseclown.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:18am

Boom Boom

Yep had a job all my life, coached every sporting team my sons been in been to every sports event theyve played every school event every dance concert. Driven them all over the state. Been there every day and moment possible. Yep very unuseful. Arseclown.
His wife is a person too.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:24am

Boom Boom

You'd assume so wouldn't you. So she would probably be aware of his current role.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:26am

Boom Boom

You'd assume so wouldn't you. So she would probably be aware of his current role.
Yes, his role as a husband/father trumps any game he gets paid to play.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:30am

Boom Boom

bulls***

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:32am

Boom Boom

bulls***
Now I understand how you managed to fit all those 400 park footy games in :shock:

Believe it or not other people don't have the same priorities as you. Jake's doing what's best for his wife, himself and his family, and that's not running around with his mates kicking a footy.

What a shock.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:34am

Boom Boom

bulls***
Now I understand how you managed to fit all those 400 park footy games in :shock:

Believe it or not other people don't have the same priorities as you. Jake's doing what's best for his wife, himself and his family, and that's not running around with his mates kicking a footy.

What a shock.

Now it's a bad thing to actually participate in sport is it :roll:

It's a bit more serious than running around having a kick with his mates. He's a professional footballer that has a large contract that he is not fulfilling.

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Shame.

If only they would have looked ahead and arranged for the birth to be in Queensland.

He'll be sorely missed I think.

Funny I agree with nearly everyone posting here. Yes family is definitely more important than football but that having been said it also feels a bit like the Steven situation where we're being too compassionate for our own good and not ruthless enough.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:37am

Boom Boom

bulls***

What a shock.

It's a bit more serious than running around having a kick with his mates. He's a professional footballer that has a large contract that he is not fulfilling.
Any employer who expects or forces you to miss the birth of your child so you don't miss work is a POS and should be put up on charges.

Pretty simple.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:38am Shame.

If only they would have looked ahead and arranged for the birth to be in Queensland.

Funny I agree with nearly everyone posting here. Yes family is definitely more important than football but that having been said it also feels a bit like the Steven situation where we're being too compassionate for our own good and not ruthless enough.
What would the alternative be, lock him in his room until gametime?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:39am

Boom Boom

bulls***

What a shock.

Any employer who expects or forces you to miss the birth of your child so you don't miss work is a POS and should be put up on charges.

Pretty simple.
FFS no employer does now your just being a over dramatic. Carlisle is on 700k a year for a short time and is well and truly looked after by his employer. His employer needs him now more than ever and he is letting him and his collegues down

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

The_Dud wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:40am
roskilde wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:38am Shame.

What would the alternative be, lock him in his room until gametime?
I have no idea and have no clue what the specifics of his contract are but I suspect a more ruthless club might be able to sit him down and convince him that he should stay -- don't ask me how!

Just total speculation though.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:44am

Boom Boom

bulls***

What a shock.

Pretty simple.
FFS no employer does now your just being a over dramatic. Carlisle is on 700k a year for a short time and is well and truly looked after by his employer. His employer needs him now more than ever and he is letting him and his collegues down
Boohoo, my family comes before all my employers and colleagues put together, and I feel sorry for anyone who has it the other way around.

Jake and St Kilda obviously feel the same, and good for them.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:47am

Boom Boom

bulls***

What a shock.

Pretty simple.
Boohoo, my family comes before all my employers and colleagues put together, and I feel sorry for anyone who has it the other way around.

99.99% of the time this is the case but this is the time it's not. By the way do you honestly think the StKilda and the players are happy about this. Hhahahahahahahahahah

The Peanut
Club Player

It was just reported on SEN Jake is flying to NSW and will drive home and not set foot on Victorian Territory. He hopes to be available on the following week if AFL and state laws allow him and if the boys can get over Richmond.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

All well and good for Jake.

I wonder how much money he has to pay out of his contract....

Sure, you can step out for personal reasons if you like. And it is not illness or injury.

We pay him to play, and in a final as profound as this one....we really pay home to play.

So what do the managers figure out here?

No worries mate...off you go. Kids come first, we will buy some toys for the kid too. ?

All this pious attitude...chest beating....my kids come first...family first....sure. I get that.

But I am not paying you for the privilege of reminding me.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Sanctorum
Club Player

That is really offensive SP66, it is none of anyone's business to question Jake Carlisle's decision to support his wife and kids while she gives birth, and crude comments such as yours about a player's character are absolutely disgraceful and unworthy of a Saints supporter!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:52am
The_Dud wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:47am

Boom Boom

bulls***

What a shock.

Pretty simple.

99.99% of the time this is the case but this is the time it's not. By the way do you honestly think the StKilda and the players are happy about this. Hhahahahahahahahahah
St Kilda weren't even picking him a few weeks ago, and now all of a sudden he's indispensable? Now you're sounding desperate.

Where's Nathan Brown by the way?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote: Mon 05 Oct 2020 10:57am It was just reported on SEN Jake is flying to NSW and will drive home and not set foot on Victorian Territory. He hopes to be available on the following week if AFL and state laws allow him and if the boys can get over Richmond.
Yeah, that might be more accurate as I don't think his missus is in Death city.

Got this quote.

"“We thank Jake for staying as long as he possibly could before heading to NSW to be with Mel for the birth,” Lethlean said."

Press say Jake was heading home to Melbourne but the pricks usually get things wrong in my experience.

bergsone
SS Life Member

So he wont be playing,dont dwell on it,lets get on with beating the tigers,I am sure the club was expecting something like this could happen

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Something needs to be done on the quote button. Should be limited to 4. Ridiculous amount of requoting.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!