Whispers In The Sky - Well, well, well

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Whispers In The Sky - Well, well, well

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 3:13pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 2:54pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 12:59pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 11:10am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 10:31am
CURLY wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 9:57am
Viking3 wrote: Fri 01 May 2020 10:04pm
desertsaint wrote: Wed 29 Apr 2020 1:39pm No doubt it hurt us that the umps had no time for milne or schneider. the latter had an obvious lay down misere free heading into goal in the last quarter of the gf. And for an idea of how ridiculous it got against milne look at the last minute of our rnd 14 game. somehow found a way to not only not give milne the free, but reverse it to keep geelong in the game.
Remember the Schneider decision all too well. It was directly in front of us. Ryan, the confessed Cats fan, put the whistle to his mouth and then came the nah, f**k it moment.
You will hear the usual crew tell you Sneider deserved it because he clapped at the umpire weeks before hand. Well straight clear fact is umpire Ryan cheated.
Hey Curly, what is your thoughts on the umpire who cheated to win us the 2010 Qualifying final?
You mean when the umpire paid the free kick immediatley on seeing the infringement. Riewoldt was infringed all night a well rehearsed Geelong tactic.
Free kicks 16-16

Some people are never happy!

:lol:
Ignored numerous infringements on Riewoldt with Geelongs defensive cheating.
They won the game for us, gave a free to Gwilt that even Reiwoldt says was not a free (below comments from NR) and didn't call Gilberts deliberate out of bounds.

Clearly we won on dodgy decisions and the AFL backed them up on their cheating in our favor.

BTW, I'd love to see some footage of the cheating against Reiwoldt and the infringements that were ignored.

Mooney gave away a crucial free kick in the dying moments of the 2010 qualifying final against Riewoldt’s Saints, and was caught on TV microphones telling umpire Matt Stevic “you cost us the game” shortly before the siren sounded on the Saints’ four-point win.

Stevic ruled Mooney pushed James Gwilt in the back in a crunching tackle, allowing Cats skipper Cameron Ling to kick what he — and most of the 60,000-plus crowd — thought was the winning goal.

“I remember thinking, ‘Not again’,” Riewoldt recalls.

Cameron Ling kicks what he thinks is the winning goal in the 2010 qualifying final.
“It felt like we had iced the game then out of nowhere up the other end Ling kicked the goal.

“Immediately my mind went back to the 2009 Grand Final when the ball rushed down the other end and Paul Chapman won them the game.

“I think it took a long time for everyone to realise Cam Money had given away a free kick, there was a fair bit of confusion out on the ground.”

The league ticked off the decision and Saints coach Ross Lyon was adamant after the game the free kick was there, but after watching the replay Riewoldt says Mooney may have been pretty hard done-by.

“I don’t think there was much in it.”

Don’t you get it?

The umpires cheated against us the whole game, only to pay a borderline free kick for us to win the game in the last minute.

Because that absolutely makes sense... :shock:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 3:13pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 2:54pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 12:59pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 11:10am
desertsaint wrote: Wed 29 Apr 2020 1:39pm No doubt it hurt us that the umps had no time for milne or schneider. the latter had an obvious lay down misere free heading into goal in the last quarter of the gf. And for an idea of how ridiculous it got against milne look at the last minute of our rnd 14 game. somehow found a way to not only not give milne the free, but reverse it to keep geelong in the game.
Remember the Schneider decision all too well. It was directly in front of us. Ryan, the confessed Cats fan, put the whistle to his mouth and then came the nah, f**k it moment.
You will hear the usual crew tell you Sneider deserved it because he clapped at the umpire weeks before hand. Well straight clear fact is umpire Ryan cheated.
Hey Curly, what is your thoughts on the umpire who cheated to win us the 2010 Qualifying final?
You mean when the umpire paid the free kick immediatley on seeing the infringement. Riewoldt was infringed all night a well rehearsed Geelong tactic.
Free kicks 16-16

Some people are never happy!

:lol:
Ignored numerous infringements on Riewoldt with Geelongs defensive cheating.
They won the game for us, gave a free to Gwilt that even Reiwoldt says was not a free (below comments from NR) and didn't call Gilberts deliberate out of bounds.

Clearly we won on dodgy decisions and the AFL backed them up on their cheating in our favor.

BTW, I'd love to see some footage of the cheating against Reiwoldt and the infringements that were ignored.

Mooney gave away a crucial free kick in the dying moments of the 2010 qualifying final against Riewoldt’s Saints, and was caught on TV microphones telling umpire Matt Stevic “you cost us the game” shortly before the siren sounded on the Saints’ four-point win.

Stevic ruled Mooney pushed James Gwilt in the back in a crunching tackle, allowing Cats skipper Cameron Ling to kick what he — and most of the 60,000-plus crowd — thought was the winning goal.

Cameron Ling kicks what he thinks is the winning goal in the 2010 qualifying final.
“It felt like we had iced the game then out of nowhere up the other end Ling kicked the goal.

“Immediately my mind went back to the 2009 Grand Final when the ball rushed down the other end and Paul Chapman won them the game.

“I think it took a long time for everyone to realise Cam Money had given away a free kick, there was a fair bit of confusion out on the ground.”

The league ticked off the decision and Saints coach Ross Lyon was adamant after the game the free kick was there, but after watching the replay Riewoldt says Mooney may have been pretty hard done-by.

No idea how to post photos but have a classic example.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Which one? The one that didn’t pay in the back when Stevie J clearly pushed Dempster and goaled?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 7:28pm
Which one? The one that didn’t pay in the back when Stevie J clearly pushed Dempster and goaled?
Some people will never see the truth no matter how obvious it is mate, so why bother.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 8:21pm
Some people will never see the truth no matter how obvious it is mate, so why bother.
If the umpires were cheating against us, why did they pay the free kick to win us the game in the last 2 minutes?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

No the one referred in the thread titled ...2010 Qualifying final V Geelong - cheating umpires
Surely you have not already forgotten your stellar contributions to that thread Curly?

Here is some video of the free that secured us the match.

BTW, our captain said there was nothing in the free and when it comes to opinion I'll take him over you, only by a small margin Curly, because you are an umpiring aficionado, but I takes Reiwoldts opinion that there was nothing in the free.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 3:37pm
Don’t you get it?

The umpires cheated against us the whole game, only to pay a borderline free kick for us to win the game in the last minute.

Haven't read the thread, but in my mind it was the most blatant 'In the back' decision I've just about ever seen.

The only thing that made it contentious was that it decided the game.

But the actual decision was obvious. He legit squashed him, directly in the back and landed right on top of his back.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 9:17pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 3:37pm
Don’t you get it?

Haven't read the thread, but in my mind it was the most blatant 'In the back' decision I've just about ever seen.

The only thing that made it contentious was that it decided the game.

But the actual decision was obvious. He legit squashed him, directly in the back and landed right on top of his back.
Reiwoldt doesn' t agree with you Barry.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Vazelos
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 24 Apr 2020 2:50pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 24 Apr 2020 10:44am Gold. I had a bad a last quarter yes I made mistakes they all just happened to go Freos way. Umpires cheat everyone knows its true.
I have got no doubt the umpires stuck it to us in that match in response to GTs comments re ego, I think most human beings would react in a similar fashion. I think Head got the chop at seasons end so he also paid the price for his cheating and comments on the plane.

This really displays what a FW Thomas was for making his statements on camera, did he expect to make those comments and get the good end of the stick for the next match or for the balance of the season. He always had to be "out there" and controversial, didn't know how to pull his head in and just focus on his job.

Perhaps he could have followed his own advice and left his ego in the locker and perhaps he wouldn't have F-cked the best opportunity the club has ever had at building a dynasty team and winning multiple flags.
Brilliantly said Joffa you nailed it... bravo...

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 9:28pm
Reiwoldt doesn' t agree with you Barry.
Wouldn't be the first time.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Clearly in the back. No doubt. Whistle blown before the next kick. Riewoldt is obviously taking the piss with Mooney, and deflecting the wasted opportunities that prevailed. Riewoldt is still great mates with Lyon. Great footballer, who gave his all, just not a sure his public opinion on certain matters is reliable.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 08 May 2020 12:19am Clearly in the back. No doubt. Whistle blown before the next kick. Riewoldt is obviously taking the piss with Mooney, and deflecting the wasted opportunities that prevailed. Riewoldt is still great mates with Lyon. Great footballer, who gave his all, just not a sure his public opinion on certain matters is reliable.
So what you are saying is 300 games of AFL footy and a few seasons in the commentary box and he doesn't know how to judge an in the back decision?

Oh and he's great mates with Ross Lyon which makes his public opinion on certain (undefined matters) unreliable.

is theat correct?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 7:02pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 08 May 2020 12:19am Clearly in the back. No doubt. Whistle blown before the next kick. Riewoldt is obviously taking the piss with Mooney, and deflecting the wasted opportunities that prevailed. Riewoldt is still great mates with Lyon. Great footballer, who gave his all, just not a sure his public opinion on certain matters is reliable.
So what you are saying is 300 games of AFL footy and a few seasons in the commentary box and he doesn't know how to judge an in the back decision?

Oh and he's great mates with Ross Lyon which makes his public opinion on certain (undefined matters) unreliable.

is theat correct?
Riewoldt appealed for hundreds if not thousands of free kicks that weren't paid. You tell me what that says about his opinion on free kicks.
And yes, his good mate and mentor Ross Lyon is a snake oil salesman, his players bought into his potions and the strict application for their benefits but that's all they were. If I was Riewoldt I'd be embarrassed to have shown the support he has for Lyon.
Any other questions?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 7:10pm

is theat correct?
Riewoldt appealed for hundreds if not thousands of free kicks that weren't paid. You tell me what that says about his opinion on free kicks.
And yes, his good mate and mentor Ross Lyon is a snake oil salesman, his players bought into his potions and the strict application for their benefits but that's all they were. If I was Riewoldt I'd be embarrassed to have shown the support he has for Lyon.
Any other questions?
So Reiwoldt supposedly appealed for hundreds or even thousands of free kicks that were not paid. Well Curly would say that's umpires cheating but you are stating Reiwoldt was wrong in each of the hundred/thousand times he supposedly appealed for an unpaid free, my opinion is appealing for a free kick in the heat of battle (be it right or wrong) and a 300 game plus respected captain and champion and commentator watching a replay and reflecting on a free kick are two very different things.

Reiwoldt played under Lyon for 5 seasons and is still great mates with and respects Lyon, I'd suggest Reiwoldt has a little more insight to Lyons character than a supporter who posts on an internet forum so again I'll go with Reiwoldt over you.

I don't know Nick at all, but have spent time with Joe who is a true gentleman who thinks the world of Ross Lyon as a person. I will refrain from posting his comments regarding other coaches Nick has played under as I doubt he would appreciate repeating anything that was not positive.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

This is probably beside the point but the way the last few rounds of 2005 season played out, losing to Freo actually benefited us.

If we won that game, we would have faced West Coat in Perth in the Qualifying Final rather than
Adelaide in Adelaide. I think that would have been a harder game to win.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 8:26pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 7:10pm

is theat correct?
Any other questions?
So Reiwoldt supposedly appealed for hundreds or even thousands of free kicks that were not paid. Well Curly would say that's umpires cheating but you are stating Reiwoldt was wrong in each of the hundred/thousand times he supposedly appealed for an unpaid free, my opinion is appealing for a free kick in the heat of battle (be it right or wrong) and a 300 game plus respected captain and champion and commentator watching a replay and reflecting on a free kick are two very different things.

Reiwoldt played under Lyon for 5 seasons and is still great mates with and respects Lyon, I'd suggest Reiwoldt has a little more insight to Lyons character than a supporter who posts on an internet forum so again I'll go with Reiwoldt over you.

I don't know Nick at all, but have spent time with Joe who is a true gentleman who thinks the world of Ross Lyon as a person. I will refrain from posting his comments regarding other coaches Nick has played under as I doubt he would appreciate repeating anything that was not positive.
Riewoldt is not an umpire. He doesn't pay free kicks.
No need to hide behind Curly or Joe. You've got a right to an opinion, even if you are just a supporter. Believe what you like.
Im gonna go with the actual outcome and leave the speculation to experts like Riewoldt.
Lyon was found out, a failure. Unfortunately Joe and Nick were dragged into that fate too.
They all did pretty well financially though, now they are paid for their comments.
As harsh as it seems, it's the reality.