Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

What's not speculation and rubbish is that WCE would want our best draft pick and then some...just as treacherous to deal with as Essendon. The Nick Haynes post has got to be way off the mark, given what the Giants seem set to be losing...understand that they've only got 263 members, but they're on the doorstep of a premiership and everyone wants out? Not saying I wouldn't like to see the trade done though. I'm quite sure going into the draft with 7 and 8 will be seen by the industry as a trade period failure too, when everyone knows we need established players to achieve the club's much touted plan. Somehow, it's like we're trying to scalp GF tickets for Gold Coast vs GWS premiership!

supersaints
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
jaxons wrote:So much guessing and rubbish speculation on here it is amazing.
Brace yourself that we will go to the draft with picks 7 & 8.
It is the correct strategy for long term success provided we draft wisely.
It's a bit of a lottery though isn't it.

No guarantee at all, despite all due diligence, that a junior who looks the goods is going to step up into a quality player.

So the Haynes thing was a bit of a piss take in response to all the rubbish speculation? Wasn't sure but took it in good faith when you posted it.
Don't think Jaxons ever takes the piss... could it mean that a deal for Haynes is " in principle " for next years first round pick, either this season or next when Haynes is out of contract? Or it's not going to happen for some reason due to other club swaps

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Myron Gaines
Club Player

Thank f*** for that. I was worried we were gonna sell the farm for that seagul Gaff.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Next years first could be anything between 3 - 13 so I hope we don't gamble in that pick. If we really want a player worthy of a top 10 pick then we should just use one of the two we have, considering this draft isn't meant to be strong.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Again, what is Jaxon's position or job title?

Not asking for a name. Its probably the 7th time I've asked on here but I just get donuts each time. Otherwise, its all just BS and its probably someone that just reads news articles and is playing people for a fool.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
jaxons
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:Again, what is Jaxon's position or job title?

Not asking for a name. Its probably the 7th time I've asked on here but I just get donuts each time. Otherwise, its all just BS and its probably someone that just reads news articles and is playing people for a fool.

"It’s not what you are underneath. It’s what you do that defines you."

You serious parkey, what if I am Alan Richardson or Matt Finnis or Ameet Bains or Tony Elshaug, or Danny Sexton or Tony Brown??

Do you think I would reveal that here?

MickThomas
Club Player

A rule of this forum is not to disclose one's real name..
And if Jaxons ever revealed his job title,
it would be his "former job" after the club gives him the old DCM notice

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

You serious parkey, what if I am Alan Richardson or Matt Finnis or Ameet Bains or Tony Elshaug, or Danny Sexton or Tony Brown??

So Jaxons, is Nick Haynes NOT likely to be with us next year now?
Last edited by CQ SAINT on Sun 01 Oct 2017 12:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

jaxons wrote:

Finally. Not asking for a name mate. How do you know all this stuff? Just curious.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
dragit
Saintsational Legend

M8, it's obviously jake stringers auntie... quit pestering her.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:

M8, it's obviously jake stringers auntie... quit pestering her.
Probably is.

happy feet
Club Player

Thanks Jaxons.

This site is full of armchair experts that speculate, then start believing their own speculations, them when challenged explode. It's what makes it so entertaining.

For me, like many other 50+ year olds, we are growing impatient. So close to miss out on the ultimate success, I guess we are all frustrated and tired of waiting.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Jaxon 2 top 10 picks sounds great ,could we look at getting a top 3 and later pick for 7 8,if we do looks like we are looking closely at a Dow etc.Or do we pick best talent available and hope for good mids to be there.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

And therein lies the rub....

If there are 2 diabetics in the draft with 1 arm each we'll clear them as mere flesh wounds....owing to superior character...

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

You're going to continue to come up with zilch in response. What do you expect? Someone close to the club to be revealing who they are on a forum like this....

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:

You're going to continue to come up with zilch in response. What do you expect? Someone close to the club to be revealing who they are on a forum like this....
No harm in asking. Just curious. Is this Jaxon's fella involved with the club or is he a player manager or a reporter or something else?

It has never been explained. Just curious to know where this leaked and inside info comes from to take it seriously. I think that is fair enough to ask.

I don't want a name and forget the specific job title.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
st.byron wrote:

No harm in asking. Just curious. Is this Jaxon's fella involved with the club or is he a player manager or a reporter or something else?

It has never been explained. Just curious to know where this leaked and inside info comes from to take it seriously. I think that is fair enough to ask.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to bite you. Jaxon's anonymity is the reason he /she can post here. I take what Jaxons' posts seriously. Is the only poster on here with a credible track record of providing info about trades before they're in the general media.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Sorry mate, didn't mean to bite you. Jaxon's anonymity is the reason he /she can post here. I take what Jaxons' posts seriously. Is the only poster on here with a credible track record of providing info about trades before they're in the general media.
All good and fair enough. I'm only newish on here so I'm not aware of the individuals background. I honestly don't expect a name or specific job title. I'm assuming Jaxon's is a Saints employee in some capacity then.

Guess we'll have to wait and see over the next few weeks to get the inside goss.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
st.byron wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
st.byron wrote:

All good and fair enough. I'm only newish on here so I'm not aware of the individuals background. I honestly don't expect a name or specific job title. I'm assuming Jaxon's is a Saints employee in some capacity then.

Guess we'll have to wait and see over the next few weeks to get the inside goss.
Must have some role or connection close to the club or in the footy world. Pretty consistent with getting it right.

supersaints
Club Player

In Jaxons we trust......

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Finally. Not asking for a name mate. How do you know all this stuff? Just curious.
You don't need to know. End of story!
Move on.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Move on.
Why? Sorry, but I don't just blindly follow someone on an internet Saints forum of all places.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

You don't have to...I'm yet to see any significant surprises pulled on this forum to be honest...but the speculation is fun.

saint-stu
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Move on.
Why? Sorry, but I don't just blindly follow someone on an internet Saints forum of all places.
So don't follow. You can happily ignore this thread :).

1ac46a38
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Guess we'll see if this Jaxon's fella comes up with the goods then as the trade period is just around the corner!!