Match/Torch Thread Saints v Cats Round 17 2019

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match/Torch Thread Saints v Cats Round 17 2019

seano1 wrote: Sun 14 Jul 2019 2:29pm I must say that i have loved reading these game feeds while trying to watch the game laughing at some of the funny banter and occasionally putting in my two cents worth , but it’s over ....why ......ffs this constant crap about frees for or against....get the f*** over it curly you are not now or ever change what is happening or going to happen in the future. You have killed this pleasant game day forum.
The lack of objectivity is a killer to sit through

Every decision is so blatantly wrong

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

seano1 wrote: Sun 14 Jul 2019 2:29pm I must say that i have loved reading these game feeds while trying to watch the game laughing at some of the funny banter and occasionally putting in my two cents worth , but it’s over ....why ......ffs this constant crap about frees for or against....get the f*** over it curly you are not now or ever change what is happening or going to happen in the future. You have killed this pleasant game day forum.
Bingo.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 14 Jul 2019 12:14am
Devilhead wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:56pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:40pm
Devilhead wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:19pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:12pm
Beno88 wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:01pm Effort was better, but still could only manage our lowest score of the season.
Effort schmeffort. Show me results.
Ha another who wants the world with a 3rd of our starting 22 out against the top team on their home turf :
Na....another who sees 8 goals against EVERYONE we play, someone who sees us beat GC by less than a goal (twice), whilst everyone else is up by 10+ goals at half time against them!!!

All I hear is excuses excuses. Show me results.
Our forward structure sucks due to our plethora of key injuries ..... you do understand this?

Its not an excuse just a very real situation that a very young squad is struggling to overcome
Jack Steven is the only major player that would make a small difference. Even then he is not the cream of the crop of midfielders. Roberton good ordinary player. McCartin a never has been and would have been a bust regardless of his concussion issues.

Who else effects the structure?
How about setting up a structure that can kick goals. If it’s 22 to 12-15 as a result then so be it.
Kicking 8 goals (2 in nearly 3 quarters again tonight) every week is junk save my arse stuff from Richo and thus no development in players as that style does nothing to enhance learning.

One of the biggest issues is amount of players who can’t defend one on one. Why?
The inclusions of fully fit Steven & Webster (not to mention Hannebery) would make an enormous difference.

Our forward line functioned better last night (not saying it was great), far better than in a long while. Our ability to lock the ball in a forward half was it its best since the Melbourne win. In fact it was the best our forward half functioned since that game.

Why? Because Jack Lonie was back and in the thick of it. Another vital player to our set up, as was Dylan Roberton.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Yep, Lonie is a ripper!
Still remember one of his early games against Collingwood at the G where we won and Lonie was in everything.
Best player in the last six games for us last season too.
We have really missed his forward pressure since he went down with injury.
Welcome back Jack!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Yep it's just tedious. Put him on ignore. You can see he's posting coz his name is there, but there's none of the content. Imagine going to a game with the bloke.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 14 Jul 2019 6:36pm
Yep it's just tedious. Put him on ignore. You can see he's posting coz his name is there, but there's none of the content. Imagine going to a game with the bloke.
Would be like sitting with Richmond supporters