Match Thread Saints v Cats Round 22 2021

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Cats Round 22 2021

perfectionist wrote: Mon 16 Aug 2021 6:12pm Sam Menegola with 35 disposals was the difference between the two clubs. He played on Daniel McKenzie, who had ten disposals, all night.
That's misleading.

It looked like Menegola didn't have any one specifically minding him for most of the match. There were several occasions where he was just allowed to run free

E.g. In the first quarter after Geelong kicked their first goal courtesy from a debatable free to Menegola (who kicked to Stanley...who took a contested mark and slotted the goal), DMac was not him and Membrey lined up against Menegola on the wing but Membrey runs to the forward line as the ball is being bounced!! Wtf? I'm assuming that we had an extra in the forward line so Skunk had to line up on the wing for the 6-6-6 formation, but Menegola was left on his own. He was involved in the chain that led to their second goal as well just before quarter time.

DMac was on Isaac Smith for periods each quarter as well as running with Menegola.

Remember the tackle where Menegola did a 360 before releasing the footy and the umpire paid holding the ball. Ronnie Burns was on Menegola at the time and Ronnie got the free

I saw Ronnie on Sam quite a bit in the second and third quarters. Crouch was also on him. Seb Ross might have been on him as well

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Our effort against Geelong is looking pretty reasonable considering what they are doing to Melbourne tonight.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 21 Aug 2021 9:39pm Our effort against Geelong is looking pretty reasonable considering what they are doing to Melbourne tonight.
You cannot be serious?

Geelong did not turn up against us - they did enough to put us away - no pressure after 1/4 time - stroll in the park

They are playing for the Minor Premiership today - this is the real Geelong

Unlike us - Melbourne may just turn it on in the third and make a game of this

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 21 Aug 2021 9:57pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 21 Aug 2021 9:39pm Our effort against Geelong is looking pretty reasonable considering what they are doing to Melbourne tonight.
You cannot be serious?

Geelong did not turn up against us - they did enough to put us away - no pressure after 1/4 time - stroll in the park

Mmm I doubt it but I hope like hell they do cos I can't stand those arrogant salary cap cheating arseh---s but that is just my opinion :twisted:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 21 Aug 2021 10:06pm
You cannot be serious?

Mmm I doubt it but I hope like hell they do cos I can't stand those arrogant salary cap cheating arseh---s but that is just my opinion :twisted:
Only 7 points now - it would be closer to 60 - it was 45 and we would have decided it was too hard - except for Steele and a couple of Back Men - and I am getting the feeling King does not like losing

DHillS - 'nuff said

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 21 Aug 2021 10:46pm
You cannot be serious?

Only 7 points now - it would be closer to 60 - it was 45 and we would have decided it was too hard - except for Steele and a couple of Back Men - and I am getting the feeling King does not like losing

DHillS - 'nuff said
And what about the Tom Hawkins tackle again both arms pinned & thrown head fist into the ground I know there will be no case to answer but WTF .AFL setting a very dangerous example if they allow it to continue IMO

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Melbourne win with a goal after the siren. I'm happy, tired of Geelong.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Saint 58
Club Player

(Didn’t want to start another thread)

A big FXXX U to Geelong
- Scott isn’t a coaches asshole
- Hawkins should have been suspended after last week

Love it 😈

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

And I quote

― Aristophanes

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 21 Aug 2021 10:46pm
You cannot be serious?

DHillS - 'nuff said
Well I'll be buttered on both sides did not see that coming BWTF pretty fu--ng happy West Coast out of the finals & Geelong relegated to 3rd pretty good day IMO

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Petracca in tears after the game for what this means for the club, coach and supporters.

The bloke bleeds red and blue.

How about all those flogs who were saying it was good we didn’t pick him because he was going to walk to Collingwood as soon as he could :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.