Match day thread - Saints v Crows

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match day thread - Saints v Crows

I don't support efforts like that... Weak as piss

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Wouldnt be at all surprised if we come back and smack Carlton next week

If we do we will be 5 and 7 at just over the half way point - reckon the majority of supporters would have taken that at the start of the season
Last edited by Devilhead on Sun 05 Jun 2016 9:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:And P.S Do you support Tom Lee? If you supported every player then you should want him to get a game right?
I support all our players......send me that certificate because atm it is in the wrong hands. I support the Coach and his support staff aswell and who they choose to play. I have more faith in their decisions than some of the peanuts I see on here...

Bestest supportering supporter EVER!

And you cant 'support' Lee if you dont want him picked and you dont want him picked because you want Gilbert to play 22 medicore games this year going through the motions and building up his super fund. Frankly you dont give a stuff that Lee will be de-listed. You arent a supporter you are a back slapper.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:And P.S Do you support Tom Lee? If you supported every player then you should want him to get a game right?
I support all our players......send me that certificate because atm it is in the wrong hands. I support the Coach and his support staff aswell and who they choose to play. I have more faith in their decisions than some of the peanuts I see on here...

Bestest supportering supporter EVER!

And you cant 'support' Lee if you dont want him picked and you dont want him picked because you want Gilbert to play 22 medicore games this year going through the motions and building up his super fund. Frankly you dont give a stuff that Lee will be de-listed. You arent a supporter you are a back slapper.
peanut

kalsaint
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:Are we the new Melbourne?

Super glad I waited all weekend for that.
The new Melbourne and Carlton are lots better than us at the moment. Melbourne may lose to Saints each year but they will finish with 4 more wins this year based on the first half. Carlton, despite having to say it, has made huge change and are combining to be awesome. We cant win 2 in a row at any time.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Wouldnt be at all surprised if we come back and smack Carlton
Maybe we were just saving ourselves. No point busting a gut and losing by 5 goals today and then lose a tight one v Blues.

Better off getting thrashed this week and then having a full tank for the Blues.

kalsaint
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Wouldnt be at all surprised if we come back and smack Carlton next week
Based on form and mental toughness I highly doubt this will happen. In fact the opposite could occur.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:
millarsaint wrote:Are we the new Melbourne?

Super glad I waited all weekend for that.
The new Melbourne and Carlton are lots better than us at the moment. Melbourne may lose to Saints each year but they will finish with 4 more wins this year based on the first half. Carlton, despite having to say it, has made huge change and are combining to be awesome. We cant win 2 in a row at any time.
We just came off two wins in a row but today was pathetic.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
suss
Club Player

Here's a well balanced summary of the match from someone who is not a troll on this website:

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-match-re ... pc4i3.html

St Igmata
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Wouldnt be at all surprised if we come back and smack Carlton next week

If we do we will be 5 and 7 at just over the half way point - reckon the majority of supporters would have taken that at the start of the season

No chance of that! Their midfield is doing well. Their defence is awesome and their weaklink forward line is now starting to click. Playing to structures and high on confidence.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Yep, I thought we'd win 6-8 for the year. With a bit of luck and some decent umpiring we'd be on 6 wins now.

Nee!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:
Based on form and mental toughness I highly doubt this will happen. In fact the opposite could occur.
Got to agree.

I can't see us beating Carlton.