Match Thread Saints v Lions Round 17 2021

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Lions Round 17 2021

The defensive pressure has been first rate last 3
I think Ratten has got the balance right which is great
I was also pleased to see King on the move tonight even up the ground early .....keeps him in the game and dangerous

“Yeah….nah””
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Easily best performance and win of the season 👍

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

I really want to dig up all the moronic posts about fitness....

No one talking that sh1t now,????

How, please do tell, how did we get so fit after the major issue of being unfit?

It wasn't having key players injured or the psychological factors that creates when coaches have constantly shuffle players about into different positions....nope!

It was fitness.

C'mon.

Talk about it before I pull up your posts.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Teams always look fitter when they’re winning the ball

Chasing arses makes you look slow and unfit

However I think there are a few players not in peak physical condition or AFL fit

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sat 10 Jul 2021 9:49pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 10 Jul 2021 9:43pm Apparently Eric Dipshitwood is off injured 🤷‍♀️
expected acl : radio land commentary supposably from inside Brissy
Thanks. I didn’t know.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 10 Jul 2021 9:43pm Apparently Eric Dipshitwood is off injured 🤷‍♀️
I’m not sure why you call him that

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintkid
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 10 Jul 2021 10:51pm Can I just put it out there in case you've not heard it, we are in the middle of the greatest depression, greater than the great depression (which makes it the not so great depression), we don't have Bruce to run interference for King, covid is killing our list, we can't trade, we can't delist anyone because (?????), no idea why???

Great effort Saints, especially because (apparently) 2020 meant nothing. Interesting that the thoughts of one poster have been non existent, almost like they've disappeared into a vortex!
Not sure why you made this post and who you were referring to Ghost Like. I doubt it was me based on your of your first paragraph but as we were on holidays and this forum does not consume my life, I wanted to make my point, after enjoying some other activities over the past two weeks.

I was very proud of the win last night and easily our best performance this year. I was most happy for Dunstan especially (who should have been given an opportunity earlier) and for Long (who I have never criticized) and Webster. All these guys, when playing at their best are very important to the side. Dunstan gives our midfield another vital hard edge and I've always supported him. A tough, in and under midfielder who has come back from a couple of nasty injuries, including a torn pectoral muscle. He's been brilliant for several weeks now. A firing Dunstan, Jones, Crouch together with our superstar captain Steele, suddenly gives our midfield the edge we badly need.

A special mention to Highmore...he played really well and pleasing to see Byrnes and Connolly show more glimpses of their ability and do some very good things.

Ghost Like, bask in the jubilation of the win, without being a 'smart-a**e' to other posters whenever they take you up on a point or don't necessarily agree with your thinking.

As for Billings, who I have often said does not do enough based on his senior status at the club and the money he's paid, he was ok last night but is not an important cog to the team. He will never be a matchwinner type, plays a supporting role at best and there are a number of players on that list already (Dunstan now included) and others in the making that are developing, who are or will be worth more in terms of annual salary than him. If Billings leaves for more money elsewhere as a free agent, good luck to him, as I won't miss him. If there is any respect for the club itself given the outlay he's already received and he wants to stay for success at St Kilda, he should accept a reduced contract, commensurate with his ability and weekly output.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

that was a stone dobbed in the direction of Vortex
i think we'll find saintkid
... thats where i'm placing my $

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

thats good

i've actually enjoyed waking up this morning

GOOD WORK Saints

hehehehehehe

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 7:49am
Ghost Like wrote: Sat 10 Jul 2021 10:51pm Can I just put it out there in case you've not heard it, we are in the middle of the greatest depression, greater than the great depression (which makes it the not so great depression), we don't have Bruce to run interference for King, covid is killing our list, we can't trade, we can't delist anyone because (?????), no idea why???

Great effort Saints, especially because (apparently) 2020 meant nothing. Interesting that the thoughts of one poster have been non existent, almost like they've disappeared into a vortex!
Not sure why you made this post and who you were referring to Ghost Like. I doubt it was me based on your of your first paragraph but as we were on holidays and this forum does not consume my life, I wanted to make my point, after enjoying some other activities over the past two weeks.

I was very proud of the win last night and easily our best performance this year. I was most happy for Dunstan especially (who should have been given an opportunity earlier) and for Long (who I have never criticized) and Webster. All these guys, when playing at their best are very important to the side. Dunstan gives our midfield another vital hard edge and I've always supported him. A tough, in and under midfielder who has come back from a couple of nasty injuries, including a torn pectoral muscle. He's been brilliant for several weeks now. A firing Dunstan, Jones, Crouch together with our superstar captain Steele, suddenly gives our midfield the edge we badly need.

A special mention to Highmore...he played really well and pleasing to see Byrnes and Connolly show more glimpses of their ability and do some very good things.

Ghost Like, bask in the jubilation of the win, without being a 'smart-a**e' to other posters whenever they take you up on a point or don't necessarily agree with your thinking.

As for Billings, who I have often said does not do enough based on his senior status at the club and the money he's paid, he was ok last night but is not an important cog to the team. He will never be a matchwinner type, plays a supporting role at best and there are a number of players on that list already (Dunstan now included) and others in the making that are developing, who are or will be worth more in terms of annual salary than him. If Billings leaves for more money elsewhere as a free agent, good luck to him, as I won't miss him. If there is any respect for the club itself given the outlay he's already received and he wants to stay for success at St Kilda, he should accept a reduced contract, commensurate with his ability and weekly output.
Strange post to quote me on saintkid, it wasn't aimed at you, at least you got that right. As for being a smart ar$e, that's only relevant to the other ar$es in the conversation. Thank you for the advice, noted, but not accepted.

Somehow you must have suspected my 2nd paragraph was or may have been referring to you. Not even close. You obviously harbour some resentment to me because I called you out on your dislike of Billings some time ago. This explains your reference to Billings, good for you, it's your opinion and to be honest if he does get offered more by another club, good luck to him. Do not trot out the rubbish he owes us, because he doesn't. He's been durable and played to his abilities, sorry those abilities didn't reach your expectations.

Keep enjoying your holiday and time with family. I look forward to more of your posts, you genuinely should post more often saintkid. Basically you and I only disagree on Billings.

saintkid
Club Player

asiu wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:09am that was a stone dobbed in the direction of Vortex

Cheers asiu. I'm a bit curious with who and what he comes back with. It was a pointless post anyway. 😊

Getting back to the team's newfound belief and winning streak, if they finish the season well, I hope they don't rue that inexcusable loss to Adelaide seeing our percentage is so poor.

saintkid
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:30am

Strange post to quote me on saintkid, it wasn't aimed at you, at least you got that right. As for being a smart ar$e, that's only relevant to the other ar$es in the conversation. Thank you for the advice, noted, but not accepted.

Somehow you must have suspected my 2nd paragraph was or may have been referring to you. Not even close. You obviously harbour some resentment to me because I called you out on your dislike of Billings some time ago. This explains your reference to Billings, good for you, it's your opinion and to be honest if he does get offered more by another club, good luck to him. Do not trot out the rubbish he owes us, because he doesn't. He's been durable and played to his abilities, sorry those abilities didn't reach your expectations.

Keep enjoying your holiday and time with family. I look forward to more of your posts, you genuinely should post more often saintkid. Basically you and I only disagree on Billings.
Thank you for your timely reply Ghost Like. I will complement you on such a respectful post and you do overall comment incisively and wisely.
I'm just not a fan of getting personal with others or being petty when we have different lines of thinking. My grandfather said if you keep your eyes and ears open, everyday you will learn something new and bring you more wisdom. 😊

True what you said, we only differ on Billings and I accept that. We've had good conversations otherwise. Cheers Ghost Like. 👍

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:33am
asiu wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:09am that was a stone dobbed in the direction of Vortex

Cheers asiu. I'm a bit curious with who and what he comes back with. It was a pointless post anyway. 😊

Getting back to the team's newfound belief and winning streak, if they finish the season well, I hope they don't rue that inexcusable loss to Adelaide seeing our percentage is so poor.
I suspect we will rue that loss and the one to Sydney. But agree, I'm loving the new found belief and winning style. Fingers crossed we continue taking scalps, the rest will take care of itself.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:44am

Thank you for your timely reply Ghost Like. I will complement you on such a respectful post and you do overall comment incisively and wisely.
I'm just not a fan of getting personal with others or being petty when we have different lines of thinking. My grandfather said if you keep your eyes and ears open, everyday you will learn something new and bring you more wisdom. 😊

True what you said, we only differ on Billings and I accept that. We've had good conversations otherwise. Cheers Ghost Like. 👍
Cheers saintkid, wise words from your grandfather. My father's advice was never back down, identify the loudest mouth in the gang and take them down.

Asiu was spot on, the continual rhetoric of a certain poster (not you) in regards to the pandemic and Bruce is simply rubbish. They pollute every topic with the same point without acknowledgement. Unlike many on here, they demonstrate no knowledge of football, it's pure trolling.

saintkid
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:53am
saintkid wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:44am

Cheers saintkid, wise words from your grandfather. My father's advice was never back down, identify the loudest mouth in the gang and take them down.

Asiu was spot on, the continual rhetoric of a certain poster (not you) in regards to the pandemic and Bruce is simply rubbish. They pollute every topic with the same point without acknowledgement. Unlike many on here, they demonstrate no knowledge of football, it's pure trolling.
Your dad must have been a bit of a character...now I get to understand you more Ghost Like. 😎
Nice to be a St Kilda supporter today for all of us here. 😊
Watching the players celebrate and embrace in the rooms tells me they have their mojo back!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Premium89 wrote: Sat 10 Jul 2021 11:04pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 10 Jul 2021 10:57pm Where the f*** has Highmore come from? He is brilliant
Speaks really well too, good post-Match chat.
Went to a good school.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

If he went to a good school and comes from a good family, it’s a wonder trout didn’t recruit him as an 18yo

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 6:25pm If he went to a good school and comes from a good family, it’s a wonder trout didn’t recruit him as an 18yo
:wink:

It was just an in joke mate. Same school two of my grandchildren go to.

Newman
Club Player

Yep that's me Newman with the 'Saintsational' sign. It was such fun last night. All very passionate crazy loud over the top supporters in our section.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Newman wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 6:54pm Yep that's me Newman with the 'Saintsational' sign. It was such fun last night. All very passionate crazy loud over the top supporters in our section.
Newman!

Good work mate, for flying the flag.
Must have been a great night.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote: Sun 11 Jul 2021 7:49am As for Billings, who I have often said does not do enough based on his senior status at the club and the money he's paid, he was ok last night but is not an important cog to the team. He will never be a matchwinner type, plays a supporting role at best and there are a number of players on that list already (Dunstan now included) and others in the making that are developing, who are or will be worth more in terms of annual salary than him. If Billings leaves for more money elsewhere as a free agent, good luck to him, as I won't miss him. If there is any respect for the club itself given the outlay he's already received and he wants to stay for success at St Kilda, he should accept a reduced contract, commensurate with his ability and weekly output.
Billings ain't a matchwinner? :shock:

I have seen him get us over the line in quite a few games with big last quarters

Billings had 24 last night with 7 marks, a goal and an assist and was 4th in meters gained and 9 score involvements which was equal top ...... umm yeah
....... that's more than just ok!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Banger is our matchwinner

ty Mr Harvey

giants n tuggers losing is very good for us

what a fab weekend