Booing goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Booing goodes

lefty wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Booing because you were upset with Goodes on Saturday night over a certain decision or some acting doesn't mean you are even slightly racist. Booing from the start to the end of the game for no apparent reason either means you are racist or have no compassion for another human as people were asked not to do it. The thing is I don't see how it helps those booers by doing that. All it does is make that person either racist or have no compassion. Which either of those 2 categories you fall into, it doesn't make you a nice person.
Booing does not mean your are a racist.
According to some on here, being told it was shameful, disgrace, etc etc.
Booing from the start to the end of the game for no apparent reason either means you are racist or have no compassion for another human as people were asked not to do it
Never said I did, but the "no apparent reason" isn't a true argument. There are multiple reasons why it can occur. You've listed two, racist and no compassion. There is more than that. People look back on past actions, the way they talk, act, behave.

I will not sit here and be labeled by Adam about how I'm apparently racist when I'm not. Him being the Judge and labeling everyone as racist was completely unfair and untrue, and as you would understand, will anger a lot of people.

https://www.facebook.com/stuart.dent.90 ... 44045201:0

On another note, I'll also boo Ormond for years to come :P
And I'll also boo Hodge, because he does dirty tactics on the field, there are multiple instances, and I want Hodge to come out and publically state I'm racist, to see how ridiculous this crap has become.

If you do it from start to finish and do it against him more than any other player in this case you are either racist or have no compassion for other humans. People were told he feels its racist so why do it? How does it help the person booing? If you do it because of an incident then that's completely fine. I don't even slightly get the Ormond or Hodge thing. I'm sure you understand the difference in this case.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Boooooooooooo!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:Where was the concern for the last decade and a half for players like Milne and Riewoldt who got booed (and lot worse) week in week out by supporters of other clubs including Sydney?

Where was the AFL then?
Where were the bleeding hearts hiding then?

Exactly. I have been saying that the whole time.

I remember when Malthouse called Milne the R word and the people commentating were actually laughing and thinking it was a joke.

I think Milne got in more trouble for calling Licuria gay.

This whole saga is a joke just so the media and others can get on a supposed moral high horse and put other people down.

If it was left alone everyone would have been over it by now. Not too many people boo Watson anymore.

I disagree.

Adam Goodes was being booed by sections of the crowd who took the opportunity for using it against him because he had spoken out on Aboriginal issues.

Goodes would have been racially abused and vilified his whole life. Riewoldt was booed for being a good football not because he was from German heritage.

Milne was booed because of a sexual assault charge and the fact that he was a pest whom we would have all hated if he played for another team.

The issue I have with the whole Goodes saga is that the moralisers labelled EVERYONE who booed Goodes a racist. Many people railed at that characterisation and the simplistic conclusion these moralisers drew.

Many others were appalled by the people hectoring and browbeating anyone who had an alternate opinion by shouting them down. These bullies set themselves up as the moral arbiters of society when if you scratch the surface of many of them you will find an insecurity guilty racist who is projecting their race hate onto others to alleviate their shame at being racist.

I have a lot of sympathy for Goodes. A dual Brownlow medallist, Australian of the year and still he cops it for his skin colour from a small minority. The mass booing was bullying and had to stop.

Too bad the mindhive on their high horse of moral superiority could stop the bullying and racist projection on to others.

You make some very valid comments

saynta
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
gringo wrote: Apparently according to him white anglo males are the most persecuted minority in the world and its quite hard for them to cope with the constant affronts from irritating special interest groups.
Pretty true.

Obviously as a lawyer you are an even less privileged and more persecuted minority too. It must be hard being harassed by petty people not willing to f%$# off out of your face with their petty gripes. We should build more walls so people don't have to be inconvenienced by these f%$#ing migrants and "indigenous" people. I never saw them put up a fence. Besides we gave them some blankets and a can opener for it. They should all work out which one still has the blankets and go bother them.
You make a lot of presumptions there, none of which are true. My post was tongue in cheek whilst yours was obnoxious in the extreme. You sir are a goose, and a self righteous one at that.

I admire Goodes the footballer, have never booed him and reqard the constant booing of him as bullying in the extreme. That has been my line all along.

But why should I be surprised by your post, your very nick would be offensive to most people.

"n Latin America the word gringo is an offensive term for a foreigner, particularly an American or English person. But the word existed in Spanish before this particular sense came into being. In fact, gringo may be an alteration of the word griego, the Spanish development of Latin Graecus, “Greek.” Griego first meant “Greek, Grecian,” as an adjective and “Greek, Greek language,” as a noun. The saying “It's Greek to me” exists in Spanish, as it does in English, and helps us understand why griego came to mean “unintelligible language” and perhaps, by further extension of this idea, “stranger, that is, one who speaks a foreign language.” The altered form gringo lost touch with Greek but has the senses “unintelligible language,” “foreigner, especially an English person,” and in Latin America, “North American or Britisher.” Its first recorded English use (1849) is in John Woodhouse Audubon's Western Journal: “We were hooted and shouted at as we passed through, and called ‘Gringoes.’”

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
gringo wrote: Apparently according to him white anglo males are the most persecuted minority in the world and its quite hard for them to cope with the constant affronts from irritating special interest groups.
Pretty true.

Obviously as a lawyer you are an even less privileged and more persecuted minority too. It must be hard being harassed by petty people not willing to f%$# off out of your face with their petty gripes. We should build more walls so people don't have to be inconvenienced by these f%$#ing migrants and "indigenous" people. I never saw them put up a fence. Besides we gave them some blankets and a can opener for it. They should all work out which one still has the blankets and go bother them.
You make a lot of presumptions there, none of which are true. My post was tongue in cheek whilst yours was obnoxious in the extreme. You sir are a goose, and a self righteous one at that.

I admire Goodes the footballer, have never booed him and reqard the constant booing of him as bullying in the extreme. That has been my line all along.

But why should I be surprised by your post, your very nick would be offensive to most people.

"n Latin America the word gringo is an offensive term for a foreigner, particularly an American or English person. But the word existed in Spanish before this particular sense came into being. In fact, gringo may be an alteration of the word griego, the Spanish development of Latin Graecus, “Greek.” Griego first meant “Greek, Grecian,” as an adjective and “Greek, Greek language,” as a noun. The saying “It's Greek to me” exists in Spanish, as it does in English, and helps us understand why griego came to mean “unintelligible language” and perhaps, by further extension of this idea, “stranger, that is, one who speaks a foreign language.” The altered form gringo lost touch with Greek but has the senses “unintelligible language,” “foreigner, especially an English person,” and in Latin America, “North American or Britisher.” Its first recorded English use (1849) is in John Woodhouse Audubon's Western Journal: “We were hooted and shouted at as we passed through, and called ‘Gringoes.’”
That's funny because Saynta comes from the latin for a fat german guy who runs around at Christmas. Disturbingly climbing into children bedrooms and emptying his sack. His clothing is often described as red but that really doesn't represent the strong crimson tones fringed with white fur accurately. I'm not really sure of the relevance other than hoping that my verbosity distracts you from the fact I have nothing to contribute.

Viking3
Club Player

Suggestion; How about we remove all Adam Goodes/Racism threads? They just go round and round in circles, with ALL points of view being done to death!

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Viking3 wrote:Suggestion; How about we remove all Adam Goodes/Racism threads? They just go round and round in circles, with ALL points of view being done to death!
Racist

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:
Viking3 wrote:Suggestion; How about we remove all Adam Goodes/Racism threads? They just go round and round in circles, with ALL points of view being done to death!
Racist

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To Fireman not Goodes - dont want to be racist

You are garbage - Enough said
saynta
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
Pretty true.

That's funny because Saynta comes from the latin for a fat german guy who runs around at Christmas. Disturbingly climbing into children bedrooms and emptying his sack. His clothing is often described as red but that really doesn't represent the strong crimson tones fringed with white fur accurately. I'm not really sure of the relevance other than hoping that my verbosity distracts you from the fact I have nothing to contribute.
In my version saynta is pronounced sainter., so i really don't know what you are talking about,besides you admitting you have nothing to contribute.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
Pretty true.

In my version saynta is pronounced sainter., so i really don't know what you are talking about,besides you admitting you have nothing to contribute.
You don't have enough latin inflection when you say it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
Pretty true.

You don't have enough latin inflection when you say it.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"That's funny because Saynta comes from the latin for a fat german guy who runs around at Christmas."

latin was a really really dead language by the time Santa first turned up so you are still talking out of the wrong orifice.