King signs at GC = Bruce stays ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: King signs at GC = Bruce stays ?

No-one in the media is talking about Bruce.
But without picks from Steven and Bruce deals, Brad Hill from Freo, Zak Jones from Sydney and Dan Butler from Richmond, may not get done.
The media think St Kilda will have to accept whatever they can get from the Mongrels providing Sydney will accept it for Zak Jones.
Three way deal - Zak Jones to St Kilda, Bruce to the Mongrels and pick from Mongrels to Sydney .
We then hope that pick 10 and our future second and Blake Acres can prize Brad Hill free of Freo.

Whatever we get from Geelong threatens to be poor as they are only paying us for one year of Steven before he would be a free agent.
Geelong has picks 14, 17, 24, 36, and 37 but they don't want to even pay 37 for Steven.
They have given their 2020 3rd round to West Coast.
If they won't give us pick 37 they won't give us their 2020 2nd round leaving their valueless 4th round likely to be around pick 70.
Of course they may receive another pick via a trade of their own.
Maybe a deal with Richmond, Butler to St Kilda, Steven to Geelong and Geelong swaps picks with Richmond.
We do have our 2020 4th rounder and that of Port Adelaide but would Geelong take those and Steven for pick 37.

As for our 2019 and 2020 drafts days I am reminded of Old Mother Hubbard
Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the Cupboard,
To give the poor Dog a bone;
When she came there,
The Cupboard was bare,
And so the poor Dog had none.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
groupie1
Club Player

Re: King signs at GC = Bruce stays ?

I still see a role for J Bruce. Ryder rucks, Marshall roams, Bruce takes the 2nd forward, King takes the 1st, leaving the 3rd for Members. King is still young and will need that protection. So either Marshall or Ryder are permanently sitting in the forward line, or Members still has the 2nd defender.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga